Question about reseller hosting and hosting in general

I'm really interested in hosting overall. One thing that has always worried me is the fact that there are some people out there that will DDoS you. Has anyone ever had to deal with that? If so, how did you respond to it? I've always thought that being attacked like that would be the downfall of starting up a hosting company.
    Last edited by Confide; 05-31-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confide View Post
    I'm really interested in hosting overall. One thing that has always worried me is the fact that there are some people out there that will DDoS you. Has anyone ever had to deal with that? If so, how did you respond to it? I've always thought that being attacked like that would be the downfall of starting up a hosting company.
    Getting dosed isn't normally an issue unless you or a client makes someone mad, its something people do if they have a reason to. That being said there are many ways to stop it and keep it under control. There are hardware and software firewalls that can help with it along with things like ddos deflate and other scripts that can help control it.
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleH View Post
    Getting dosed isn't normally an issue unless you or a client makes someone mad, its something people do if they have a reason to. That being said there are many ways to stop it and keep it under control. There are hardware and software firewalls that can help with it along with things like ddos deflate] and other scripts that can help control it.
    But if I'm a reseller, how would I be able to install those scripts?

But if I'm a reseller, how would I be able to install those scripts?
    If you are a reseller you wouldn't be able too, you would have to discuss it with your host. You could always resell from a vps to start if you want to have ssh access to install those kind of scripts.
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleH View Post
    If you are a reseller you wouldn't be able too, you would have to discuss it with your host. You could always resell from a vps to start if you want to have ssh access to install those kind of scripts.
    But then again, the DDoS problem will always stand.

Well generally someone that will get DDOSed is a client you likely dont want. Avoid dirt cheap pricing and/or unrealistic resources as well as manually verifying clients and using something like MaxMind. This is your responsibility

If your a reseller you just let the provider handle any network abuse with their network and and Datacenter.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

I did not see a reseller hosting solution that provide DDOS protection(with software and hardware). Because it's very expensive.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

You generally have to get your own servers behind the right network appliances.
    And then you'll need to work with the datacenter to mitigate bad traffic that's incoming.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

As a reseller I would not worry about that too much. Just make sure you are purchasing your web hosting from a reputable company that has their servers located in a reputable data center.

From your end, all you can really do is make sure you are not hosting any adult websites, or "grey area" type of websites (those usually tend to be the type of websites that attract that type of activity.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Using VPS, if we are providing hosting services then script installation is easy but it would be costly too for starter business of hosting using reseller account.

ddos is part of hosting mate, u just gotta accept that if ur hosting then ur open to attack once in a while, or depending on how well u manage things.

Ddos attack's are something that you will have to deal with eventually, depending on how your potential host's systems are setup will determine their ability to handle even the smallest of Ddos attacks.

joe
    www.JGwebhosting.co.uk - CPanel Control panel, domain registration, Reseller packages And 24X7 Technical support! - Now Taking in Hosting Refugee's

www.JGpcrepair.co.uk - Computer repair, New Systems, Software, Hardware

Since your a reseller you really have nothing to worry as long as you are with a good company they should have a handle on all of that for you anyway. If you had your own server then that's a different story because then you have to handle all of that yourself.

Yes, you dont need to worry if you sign up with reputable and experience reseller provider. They have good system and I believe they can handle it well.