Question "Mirroring" your business ???

Greetings All !

A few weeks back, I remember passing over a post here... where somebody sort of casually mentioned that they were in the middle of creating another "copy" of their hosting company.

This copy would be be a separate domain name and site and was going to try to reach a completely different market than the first company.

Couldn't find the original post (but then, I wasn't sure exactly what phrase to look for)... so I thought maybe the poster was one of the "regulars" here.

I was wondering if this person was going to create a second official company (in other words, register a ficticious name, get a separate checking account, etc.)

One down-side I see to this is that if I'm involved in any other product reseller agreements (SSL certificates, shopping carts, etc.), I'm may be forced to pay for my reseller fees TWICE, unless I want my primary company name to appear to the clients of the duplicated company.

Has anybody "been there - done that" who can tell me how they did it / problems they had, etc. ??

Thanks !

0 Not allowed!

80,000 feet under the sur
    Cross-posted. Please direct your replies to
    My 2 Cents.... (or is that 2.2 cents inc. GST...?)

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.
      0 Not allowed!

3. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!