My ridiculous experience with leaseweb

I am posting this to be another one client that is overcharged with bandwidth with Leaseweb. I have seen numerous reports over the forum but my case is really ridiculous...
    As you can see the attachment at 27 of the month i decided that something goes wrong with traffic stats ( maybe fake i dont know ) and i changed to uk2 for unlimited traffic. While i have redirected everything and see almost 0 traffic at 27 of the month,then i see horrified at 28 400+ gb of traffic...
    The end of the ridiculous story is that i turned nginx off and at 29 of the month the monitoring system shows 200+ gb of traffic!!!!
    Ultra super ridiculous case....
    What do you propose me to do ???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails graph.png  
    Last edited by DVD_GR; 05-30-2012 at 01:23 PM.

If you are not using the VPS, power it off in the control panel. It's be pretty hard for them to claim you're using bandwidth if your VPS is powered off :-)
    raindog308
    LowEndTalk administrator, LowEndBox editor

as you can see with the graphs at 27 of the month i finished moving out....the rest are not mine....nevertheless the abnormality of the graph is a proof of something like hidden extra traffic charges

Not necessarily...I have seen cases where servers have been compromised and push out tons of bandwidth. Or using rsync/scp.

Without knowing how the data was transferred (checking logs) then it is unclear.

server was totally empty,had only 40mb of jpg banners, not even a site on )) they sell cheap vps and then overcharge with fake bandwidth its a bit obvious...no responce from tech 1,5day where did that bw came from ))

god bless cpanel,i attached the traffic stats showing the cpanel awstats of the server i moved to,from 27 it shows traffic and 28 was 100% out of leaseweb!i think now i can kick their ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails leaseweb.gif  

Quote Originally Posted by DVD_GR View Post
    god bless cpanel,i attached the traffic stats showing the cpanel awstats of the server i moved to,from 27 it shows traffic and 28 was 100% out of leaseweb!i think now i can kick their ....
    If it's showing up in awstats then surely you got access logs to see what was grabbed and who to.
    IonVz - Nginx/FreeBSD/VPS Consulting | VPSNodeBox - Managed Support Representative

Hello,

We do not have any intentions of charging our customer falsely.We are transparent about our services and charges.

We are gladly willing to investigate your case and make any corrections if it is an error. Please send a PM with your account details and we will verify it completely and get back to you.

Regards,
    LeaseWeb

I am posting this to be another one client that is overcharged with bandwidth with Leaseweb. I have seen numerous reports over the forum but my case is really ridiculous...
    As you can see the attachment at 27 of the month i decided that something goes wrong with traffic stats ( maybe fake i dont know ) and i changed to uk2 for unlimited traffic. While i have redirected everything and see almost 0 traffic at 27 of the month,then i see horrified at 28 400+ gb of traffic...
    The end of the ridiculous story is that i turned nginx off and at 29 of the month the monitoring system shows 200+ gb of traffic!!!!
    Ultra super ridiculous case....
    What do you propose me to do ???

well as told and on tickets 1749724 and 1721216 i was forced to multiple bandwidth upgrades,and after carefull investigation with stats of the server i moved together with google analytics stats i can assure you that my real traffic was about 30gb per day,your system as all can see shows up to 420gb on 2 days of the month.....Get serious with traffic charges....If you want to charge more a vps just raise the price dont do other tricks or whatever your system did....

well as told and on tickets 1749724 and 1721216 i was forced to multiple bandwidth upgrades,and after carefull investigation with stats of the server i moved together with google analytics stats i can assure you that my real traffic was about 30gb per day,your system as all can see shows up to 420gb on 2 days of the month.....Get serious with traffic charges....If you want to charge more a vps just raise the price dont do other tricks or whatever your system did....
    Google analytics only tracks pages which the javascript is placed on(in other words the browser has to load and execute the javascript for GA to track it, and it won't track downloads of static content), it is *possible* that there may be some direct linking going on (even direct to the IP in some cases), and without actually opening up the access logs and seeing there's no real way of telling.
    IonVz - Nginx/FreeBSD/VPS Consulting | VPSNodeBox - Managed Support Representative

Perhaps you received a ddos attack?

you aren't going to see a compromised systems bw usage through awstats..

sure you might have 40gb usage through web, ftp..

but a open vps with no hardening on leaseweb which would be constantly scanned for vulnerabilities from people in the different scenes to use as xdcc bots, dos bots, proxies, torrent seeds for private ratio sites.. you wouldn't see that usage unless you're directly tracking your ethernet card.

I highly doubt leaseweb would be part of practices like that.. almost guaranteed your vps was rooted
    I specialize in neck beards
    https://thatshirt.com

It's not in LeaseWeb's interest to be charging you for bandwidth that you didn't actually use. More than likely you've been rooted or you received a DDoS attack of some sort. I'd say wait for a response from LeaseWeb and/or hire a security expert to audit your system for possible compromised system.

Hello DVD_GR,

We have got back to you on the tickets and provided you information about the case. As informed in our earlier post, this is confirmed to be an irregularity, thus we will not be applying a surcharge.

Feel free to contact us over the ticket if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
    LeaseWeb