What should I do when moving WHMCS URLs?

Should I merge a fresh WHCMCS installation with my main client system using the WHMCS merging script, or should I just restrict access to the current system and copy the DB and files to the new directory?

Just need some advice on what would be best while moving URLs.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Vizor Host View Post
    Should I merge a fresh WHCMCS installation with my main client system using the WHMCS merging script, or should I just restrict access to the current system and copy the DB and files to the new directory?

Just need some advice on what would be best while moving URLs.

Regards
    What are you trying to do exactly?
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.

I am moving my WHMCS installation URL to a totally different one, I am moving it to a subdomain opposed to it being in a directory. And just needing some input on how I should go about doing it.
    Last edited by Vizor Host; 05-29-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Grammar Improvement

I am migrating my WHMCS installation URL to a totally different one, I am moving it to a subdomain opposed to it being in a directory. And just needing some input on how I should go about doing it.
    Technically you should be able to just move it, I did not see any settings in the tblconfiguration table for install path, rather just the system (i.e.: your main domain). Though when you move it you may be required to re-validate your license when you attempt to login.

For something like changing the admin folder to something other than /install_path/admin/ you would put

$customadminpath = "name_of_new_admin_folder";

in your configuration.php

More on that last setting here : http://docs.whmcs.com/Further_Security_Steps if you wish to move your download/attachments/template_c folders out of the public_html location.

PS: what I mentioned above may still work for subdomain as well, since I think the login will update the database when you go to revalidate your license, if not you can log into MySQL and change the respective values in tblconfiguration.
    Last edited by kbeezie; 05-29-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    IonVz - Nginx/FreeBSD/VPS Consulting | VPSNodeBox - Managed Support Representative

Yes, I understand that, no problem, I can re-issue the license in WHMCS's client area.

Actually, I have already taken all precautions since the DB leak with all my information in it, directory changed, password protected, and then the default WHMCS login.

Actually, I have already taken all precautions since the DB leak with all my information in it, directory changed, password protected, and then the default WHMCS login.
    Let us know if that straight install folder move over to a subdomain works out for ya.
    IonVz - Nginx/FreeBSD/VPS Consulting | VPSNodeBox - Managed Support Representative

Quote Originally Posted by kbeezie View Post
    Let us know if that straight install folder move over to a subdomain works out for ya.

Alright, I'll let you know when its done, doing the migration tomorrow night.