Razor Servers down

They've been offline for at least 5-10 minutes now, even their support system looks like it's hosted on the same network:

https://manage.razorservers.com/

Big mistake for a hosting company in my opinion as it prevents it's clients from even finding out what is the issue.

Apparently according to their twitter they're fixing a massive DDOS attack which started 30 something minutes from now.

Second network problem in less than two weeks.

No packet lost for me atm.

now razor is down about 30 min.

I can confirm they were having issues, time for me to move my services to another provider!

Just moved out this week.

They that bad? I was just looking at going with these guys

This month they had at least 2 network problems. 30-25 minutes ALL servers offline. I just moved out from razor servers.

Try DatabaseByDesign LLC, or Incero. Got a server on both and service is great. Check some specials or auctions and you can get E3 Xeon/16Gb for around $99.

DatabaseByDesign LLC has listed the same address as one of the data centers that Razorservers does. Incero on the other hand is located in Texas. So technically you are staying with the same host for 1 of your servers. I don't think you realized that when you bought hosting from DatabaseByDesign that they are a reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOkayNetwork View Post
    I don't think you realized that when you bought hosting from DatabaseByDesign that they are a reseller.
    Whoooo there partner

That would be an incorrect statement. We are hosted within the North American Building aka 401 North Broad St here in Philadelphia. It's a carrier natural hotel that literally has 100's of companies hosted within. We own and operate our own infrastructure, network and servers. We are direct peers with all of our transit providers and maintain our own IP space from ARIN. We are not resellers in any sense of the word. At one time I believe Razor Servers hosted in the same building however to my knowledge they no longer have a substantial presence within the building.

A quote from their website seems to substantiate that:

Our main data center is located at 1309 Noble Street, First Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19123.

I think I must have gotten confused over what I read online. I surely don't mean to cause waves, and I think I was misinformed to thinking they somehow had 2 data centers they operated, which now I realize isn't the case. Sorry.

Not to bump an old thread, but just had an outage again from Razor Servers today during primetime. Their websites were even down. I've had outages randomly the last few weeks, most of them being in the early hours of the day. I'm not sure whats going on at Razorservers but I'm frankly getting annoyed considering I pay good money to have my services up. I'd suggest if looking for a host to avoid this host for the time being.

edit: adding proof. It was down for almost ten minutes and I had to have a client call me and notify me of this. Apparently it can't be a link, so if you want to see the proof paste it up top. I'm also talking to other providers and moving our assets off razors servers asap.
    rinaun.com/off.jpg
    Last edited by rinaun; 01-11-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Yes, we had massive ddos attack, over 20 Gbps that took down a section of the network. This is why we are upgrading our routers to brand new Juniper MX960s. We are also in talks with a few ddos mitigation companies so we can partner and offer that service to our clients. We have become so popular that many people are signing up and occasionally someone is the target of ddos.

Next time you should probably start a new thread as this one is over seven months old.

HI,

I fed up with razorservers worst support, how they are down servers with out intimation, at least they are not giving support and lifting the phone calls, dont do this company

HI,

AM getting headache with razorservers.com support, they dont have any commonsense and response, our ftp server was down due to of their transport switches, nearly they are not responding our tickets from last one month, dont try to buy server from this service provider.