hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Computers and Peripherals : Mobile and Handheld Devices : Samsung Galaxy SIII vs HTC One X

Forum Jump

Samsung Galaxy SIII vs HTC One X

Reply Post New Thread In Mobile and Handheld Devices Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Disabled

Thumbs up

Samsung Galaxy SIII vs HTC One X

Please Suggest and a short "why" will be really help full

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

This has already been done all over the internet.

It's all preference.

Both phones are incredibly powerful. The GS3 has more overall raw power on board, it has a superior screen (subjective), and it's got removable battery and expandable SD. It will have a HUGE development community.

The HTC One X (there are several variants) runs on an inferior CPU/GPU combo. It has an inferior screen, it's smaller, and it also has some widely known issues with build quality and its screen.

Again there are several variants of the HTC One X, and there will be several variants of the GS3 when it hits the US. The GS3 that's being reviewed now is a superior piece of hardware overall. It comes down to preference and taste in the end though.

TLDR; Short answer, they are both awesome. Neither is "better".

Perhaps you could provide more info if you are really interested in these phones. What are you specifically looking for?

Old 05-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Technical Nutcase

I just want to add one thing.

First - My vote goes to HTC and the reason is simple - openness.

Samsung uses the "loke" system to run its bootloader functions (and Odin is the tool used to communicate with it).

HTC uses Fastboot, which is not only multi-platform but also more open. HTC also allows you to unlock the bootloader from their website.

I am getting the HTC EVO 4G LTE this week. It is based off of the One X with several enhancements. I cant wait to take it our for a spin.

Big Brain Global Networks | A Division of Big Brain, LLC

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
I just want to add one thing.

First - My vote goes to HTC and the reason is simple - openness.

Samsung uses the "loke" system to run its bootloader functions (and Odin is the tool used to communicate with it).

HTC uses Fastboot, which is not only multi-platform but also more open. HTC also allows you to unlock the bootloader from their website.

I am getting the HTC EVO 4G LTE this week. It is based off of the One X with several enhancements. I cant wait to take it our for a spin.
I will also be picking one up to tide me over with something new until the GS3 reaches my hands. The Evo 4G LTE is superior to the One X in almost every way possible. It also looks much cooler IMO. Some people think it looks like a mess but I like the design.

I think the OP is just making fluff posts anyhow, as is usually the case when they have 10 posts and make pointless threads like this and never reply. Oh well!

Old 05-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Technical Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaServers View Post
I will also be picking one up to tide me over with something new until the GS3 reaches my hands. The Evo 4G LTE is superior to the One X in almost every way possible. It also looks much cooler IMO. Some people think it looks like a mess but I like the design.

I think the OP is just making fluff posts anyhow, as is usually the case when they have 10 posts and make pointless threads like this and never reply. Oh well!
Are you with Sprint?

I just hope they roll out LTE soon. I hear Miami is in Wave 2 which should begin in the summer.

As far as the Fluff Post, I dont agree, at least it lends some value (unlike those who just reply to other threads with a "Thank you for this information"). It is relevant and honestly a good question.

Both phones are good, I just crave the openess. One other thing. I would take Sense 4 over TouchWiz. I normally go ASOP but Sense 4 actually looks like it may compliment ICS.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Are you with Sprint?

I just hope they roll out LTE soon. I hear Miami is in Wave 2 which should begin in the summer.

As far as the Fluff Post, I dont agree, at least it lends some value (unlike those who just reply to other threads with a "Thank you for this information"). It is relevant and honestly a good question.

Both phones are good, I just crave the openess. One other thing. I would take Sense 4 over TouchWiz. I normally go ASOP but Sense 4 actually looks like it may compliment ICS.
I agree it's a decent question. I just mean this has all the typical signs of fluff posts. People often blurt out 10 quick posts like this and never actually respond to them so they can post ads and stuff in other forums.

I am on Sprint for my personal lines still. I have one other line on Verizon though for my Nexus as their LTE just crushes sprint's wimax. I can sometimes get speeds greater than my home cable connection while driving down the freeway lol.

As for the openness, I agree but I also don't. While Samsung phones don't have the same methods as HTC they are not locked down at all. I am active in the dev network on the Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch and the Galaxy Nexus, and they both have a huge and active community. ODIN is actually not the only method for unlocking and flashing these phones. In some cases ODIN can be required to cold flash a phone or bring it back from a soft brick, but it's not the only method. I actually am a fan of using ODIN and Mobile ODIN though. They have never failed me.

Oh did HTC finally officially open the bootloader on the One X? I kept hearing a lot of people complaining about how they were keeping it locked down despite their recent claims that all phones would be unlocked in the future.

Touchwiz is not that great. I won't argue there, as everyone knows TW is pretty lame. I really only run AOSP/AOKP style roms though as I don't like ANY carrier overlays on my devices. Sense 4 is nicer looking than touchwiz but I am not a fan of it either. I prefer having no overlay and using a custom launcher than either of those.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Technical Nutcase

Quote:
Oh did HTC finally officially open the bootloader on the One X? I kept hearing a lot of people complaining about how they were keeping it locked down despite their recent claims that all phones would be unlocked in the future.
HTC Has done a great job of unlocking bootloaders as promised. There was one thing people failed to quote in their promise and that is "when the carrier allows it". The One X ha sbeen unlocked with every provider except for AT&T who contractually stated that HTC may not provide a method to unlock the AT&T One X. This however does not stop 3rd party devs .

The EVO 4G LTE is unlockable via the HTCDev Site

Quote:
Touchwiz is not that great. I won't argue there, as everyone knows TW is pretty lame. I really only run AOSP/AOKP style roms though as I don't like ANY carrier overlays on my devices. Sense 4 is nicer looking than touchwiz but I am not a fan of it either. I prefer having no overlay and using a custom launcher than either of those.
On my EVO 3D, I had Cynaogen on it within minutes of leaving the Sprint Store. I had my little brother drive while I was int he back seat flashing the rom. Sense 2.x and Sense 3 was a hot mess.

I may actually give sense 4 a chance.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
HTC Has done a great job of unlocking bootloaders as promised. There was one thing people failed to quote in their promise and that is "when the carrier allows it". The One X ha sbeen unlocked with every provider except for AT&T who contractually stated that HTC may not provide a method to unlock the AT&T One X. This however does not stop 3rd party devs .

The EVO 4G LTE is unlockable via the HTCDev Site

On my EVO 3D, I had Cynaogen on it within minutes of leaving the Sprint Store. I had my little brother drive while I was int he back seat flashing the rom. Sense 2.x and Sense 3 was a hot mess.

I may actually give sense 4 a chance.

Well at least you had someone else drive lol. I agree the old versions of sense were an overly bloated mess of junk. The new version still seems pretty heavy, but the new hardware these days should have no problem keeping it running smoothly. I may try it on the stock rom when I get the new EVO, but I'll probably end up going with AOSP and custom launcher.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Technical Nutcase

Quote:
Well at least you had someone else drive lol. I agree the old versions of sense were an overly bloated mess of junk. The new version still seems pretty heavy, but the new hardware these days should have no problem keeping it running smoothly. I may try it on the stock rom when I get the new EVO, but I'll probably end up going with AOSP and custom launcher.
Actually it is a lot lighter (at least visually) then past versions of sense.

Gingerbread/Froyo's stock skin was very plain, this is one of the reasons manufacturers released their overlays.

ICS on the other hand is simply beautiful, I can respect a few light touches as long as it does not take away from the feel of ICS. Sense 4 seems to compliment ICS more then damage it.

I will test on Thursday to see if it it hurts the RAM

Old 05-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Actually it is a lot lighter (at least visually) then past versions of sense.

Gingerbread/Froyo's stock skin was very plain, this is one of the reasons manufacturers released their overlays.

ICS on the other hand is simply beautiful, I can respect a few light touches as long as it does not take away from the feel of ICS. Sense 4 seems to compliment ICS more then damage it.

I will test on Thursday to see if it it hurts the RAM
Let me know how you like it. I'd like to hear a personal review before I decide to get one for certain.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Technical Nutcase

Quote:
Let me know how you like it. I'd like to hear a personal review before I decide to get one for certain.
Yes, I will do a full Unboxing and Review Video. I will shoot it in 2D and 3D , if you have the tech to view 3D content. I will post Thursday or Friday

Old 05-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Yes, I will do a full Unboxing and Review Video. I will shoot it in 2D and 3D , if you have the tech to view 3D content. I will post Thursday or Friday
Sweet man looking forward to it

Old 05-15-2012, 06:23 PM
The Geek is coming

Quote:
How is the EVO 4G LTE superior to the One X when it's the same phone just the LTE version? The only difference really are the colors and the fact that they support different networks, one is GSM while the other is not.
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4614

Old 05-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireNine View Post
How is the EVO 4G LTE superior to the One X when it's the same phone just the LTE version?
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4614
I am referring to the international T3 version, not the AT&T version. Sorry for the confusion. It's a totally different chipset than the international version. I am not a fan of Tegra at all. It's crap.

The AT&T One X is based on a qualcomm chip and different GPU combo. Tegra 3 is not nearly as wonderful as nvidia makes it appear to be through their deceptive marketing. The EVO 4G LTE has expandable SD and some other differences as well. It also doesn't have the build quality problem with the screen setting.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:53 PM

The only real place where the HTC wins is aesthetics, go with the S III.