Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Common Mistakes for a New Website

Generally, there may be some issues for new website that is just built. There are several common mistakes some webmasters usually make during the process of a new website development. It is necessary to pay attention to details for website design and development. Here are some of these common mistakes that shall be avoided.

1.The modification of web pages

As a new website, it is normal that there may be something need to be modified. Some webmasters used to modifying them online that is not users and search engine friendly. What’s more, this website will be punished by the search engine that is just capturing it. It is necessary to have what need to be revised modified well and then upload it to the server.

2.The switching of dynamic pages and static pages

Because both dynamic pages and static pages are users friendly while the static pages that can be easily collected by the search engine is more search engine friendly than the dynamic pages. Many webmasters would like to have the dynamic pages switched to the static pages. But some of them are punished by the search engine as these webmasters have all the dynamic pages switched to the static pages and remove all the dynamic pages. The proper way is to have both of them coexisted and remove the dynamic pages when the search engine has collected the switched static pages.

3.The revision of html tags

On website development and optimization, some webmasters used to revising tags like “Title”, “H1”, ”H2”, “ALT”, etc. The search engine will pay more attention to the revision of such kinds of important information if they have been changed a lot. And the frequent change of them may also be punished by the search engine. The webmasters shall try to avoid the much or frequent change of these tags.

4.The compression and call of the images

There is time need for the opening and call of the images that is what the webmasters need to do that to shorten this time. First, the webmasters need to compress the images that the images loading time can be shortened and lots of resources can be saved for the server. Second, the webmasters shall be aware of that the search engine prefers to call images via CSS.

5.The avoiding of similar web pages

There are no good collections for many websites that there are lots of similar pages in them. The webmaster shall pay attention to the web pages similarity and try to avoid having the similar pages on website design and development.
      0 Not allowed!

Good points. I shall give one more. My favourite: do not try to copy/rewrite/translate content for your site. It will be not yours. It's much better to start writting yourself because you will start thinking about your project. It's important.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by smarthide View Post
    Good points. I shall give one more. My favourite: do not try to copy/rewrite/translate content for your site. It will be not yours. It's much better to start writting yourself because you will start thinking about your project. It's important.
    I agree use unique content and your website will shine in google.
    The Mc Nation: Your Complete Minecraft Resource Guide!
    Now Featuring Xenforo 2!
      0 Not allowed!

Website is incompatible with web browsers, lengthy code, unclear navigation and poor readability of the fonts, make use of dynamic pages are also the common mistakes which are still being done by the web designer in the website design.
      0 Not allowed!

Plus, it always helps to have tidy code!
      0 Not allowed!

Consider these below points as well while you creating search engine friendly websites.
    1. Select the good web hosting company this one is what you have to do first.
    2. Try to provide cookie less rendering for static websites
    3. Avoid query string in the URL as much as possible while designing dynamic websites
    4. Use less flash content
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for all these great tips, but i would add another one! If you want your website to get a good search engine ranking, than avoid to create it on Ajax, as Google does not recommend you to go with Ajax platform. Your website will never gain good search engine rankings no matter what you do when it is created on Ajax.
      0 Not allowed!

There is a lot to consider when starting a website, and it is not just about the look/functionality, but the product/service and how you sell it too.
      0 Not allowed!

And the golden rule is : NEVER take advice from people that steal their content and then post it on a forum for the sake of post count .
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by vkonnect View Post
    If you want your website to get a good search engine ranking, than avoid to create it on Ajax, as Google does not recommend you to go with Ajax platform. Your website will never gain good search engine rankings no matter what you do when it is created on Ajax.
    Ajax content also get crawled by search engine if you create your Ajax code search engine focused. There are lot many ways discussed how to make your website search engine friendly when the Ajax is coming into effect to create the dynamic content
      0 Not allowed!

nice stuff. and according to search engine, we should try to use only text and image for making website and unique content make it fantastic on its performance.
      0 Not allowed!

NEVER take advice from people that steal their content and then post it on a forum for the sake of post count .
    Thats a laugh
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Dynamic pages...

I wouldnt worry about it.
    Google are fully aware that 90% of all business websites now have some form of dynamic data.

if you have dynamic pages, So what?
    Use them.
    Makes zero difference.
    Live Chat Support Software for your Business website - IMsupporting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Smile

You shared here specific and very clear basic mistakes done by a webmasters and it's all mistakes avoided if we take care of all discussed above. Some other mistakes should help us a lot, it is that while designing a site, it should be professional related to our site theme and all pages of site should be properly interconnected so as to it should be easy to navigate from one page to other.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, very nice points.I would like to add one more point, you should also take care of your meta title , keywords and description according to the page theme.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticate View Post
    The proper way is to have both of them coexisted and remove the dynamic pages when the search engine has collected the switched static pages.
    5.The avoiding of similar web pages
    Surely you see the conflict here?
      0 Not allowed!

pay someone money to go through your website – twice – to look for common mistakes in writing content.Having your CTA on every single page isn’t necessary, but have it visible at the top of bottom of your page is essential.
      0 Not allowed!

Truly the mistakes cannot be revealed if you develop the website on your own. The best way is to engage a third person completely separate from the business/service. This person must be well known about pros and cons of website and also have sufficient understanding about recent website development.
      0 Not allowed!

If the website is database driven, make sure that you have properly create and close the database connection for data rendering from the database. Also need to be ensure, if your database has been optimized enough for preventing SQL injections.
      0 Not allowed!

One more thing i want to add to this is website load time. It is also important so avoid to write long code and scripts in the website code.
      0 Not allowed!

Haha... i think i did them all..
      0 Not allowed!

Well said. To find mistakes in coding, I use W3 Validator. http://validator.w3.org
    Check it out
      0 Not allowed!

Common mistakes for a site

A newly website would contains error or free from errors,here i am mentioning some mistakes which are commonly found in a website and these are:
    1-HTML error
    2-CSS error
    3-Same URL for a different page
    4-Different URL for the same page(Caninical error)
    5-Duplicate content on website
    6-Page size are large more than required
      0 Not allowed!

I totally agree. Compressing your code such as HTLM, CSS, and images will reduce load time as well.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree, pretty common mistakes.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast