I recently started my own website which has a discussion forum. (MyBB.)
This forum is designed to be as another way for my family and friends to communicate and share ideas.
My intent is to keep it low profile as possible,(ie. from sight of crawlers, hackers and Google Search, etc.)
After a little research on the internet, it seems to suggests that the best place to try and keep my website is on the Deep-net or Dark-net.
I always thought that the Deep-net was a secret internet, separate from the surface internet and a place where things "behind closed doors" were conducted.
I might have been a bit right, but it really sounds like a section of the internet that the crawlers have not found yet, for one reason or another.

So I am in search for suggestions and ideas to hide my website from public view as much as possible. And protect the information on the site.
Also, I don't want to hinder registered members entry to much, discouraging them from visiting.

This is what I have so far:
Domain behind a proxy.
Linux based web host w/ developers plan,(w/cPanel)
SSL certificate, not applied yet.
Dedicated IP, not applied yet.
MyBB forum installed.
Searching for 3rd party sw/script for site password entry.
Researching the possibility for encryption of the site.
Code and website knowledge=MED-LOW.

Thank you for any help. I am kind of stumbling my way through the process, so please don't assume I know what you are talking about, lol.
Any links to articles or related threads are also welcome.

Thanks!