You, yourself said he was getting a lot of flak -- I quoted you using that word in my post.
If you are going to reply, please read what I wrote and reply to that, not just a bit of it out of context.
I said he opened himself to flak when he posted this and he did. I did not comment at all on him "manning up and admitting a lesson learned" as that was posted later in the thread, after the flak he got. It also was not posted in the other thread, he didn't actually acknowledge the customer's reason for complaint in any way, he simply made a comment that implied the OP's complaint was a good review rather than negative.
The only comment about this made after he admitted he was out of his depth was me saying he should have replied better, that is hardly giving him flak in any sense of the meaning, it was constructive criticism as I still get the impression from their replies that the OP doesn't actually realise what happened in that thread.
So this thread is really a continuation of a different thread where he may have deserved some negativity? I took it as a followup regarding lessons learned since that time.
I wouldn't say it was a continuation of the other thread. The OP posted advice for how to recover from a bad review and someone else called them on their inability to actually deal with a previous negative review.
If you are going to post advising someone of something, you really should get your own house in order first. It's a bit like taking advice from banks bailed out by the government on how to avoid a financial crisis. I wouldn't pick them as my first source of advice when they clearly didn't deal with it the best way themselves when they were in that situation.
For somebody service is great and for next one it sucks and reverse ... So reviews are not always a good measure of service quality.
How true. Just about anyone with a cpanel config can have lightning fast servers and provide "personalized" support because they only have one server and it has only a few sites. Then some go belly-up because there is an issue that can't be fixed from a control panel and they don't have the knowledge or resources to recover. Ahh....but what great reviews they had up to that time!
On the other end of the spectrum there are the larger hosts with thousands, sometimes millions of active web sites, that fall victim to the you-can't -please-everyone-all-of-the-time syndrome and the 1% are typically louder and shriller than the other 99%
I would say any host that has been around for a couple of years and has real employees with a real payroll to meet is the best bet.
If the reviews are honest (from both sides) the people on this forum can normally point out (and call out for that matter) people that are in the wrong. All you can to is post your side of the story and if you are right it will come out in the end.
Knowing when where and how to respond to criticism is important, in the heat of the moment it is always best to satisfy the customer's request and any hosting company would know that if he wants his server up if it is down you get it up and running, if he wants a refund you provide it quickly, that being said and done the hosting company can now look closely and procedures to prevent similar errors by implement preventative measures and possible provide 100% customer satisfaction.
You will always get one who you cant please for some reason or another some people are just simply impossible to please even if you go the extra mile for them.
Welcome to the world of hosting where alot of unrealistic people attempt to do business...
█ LeapHost High Performance Fully Managed App Solutions Powered By NitroStack™
█ Fast Dedicated Servers | 15+ Global Locations | Server Management Specialists
█ Fly Faster With The Speed of Light! | Be A Talkative Soul > Visit Our LH Forums