Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My last days with vps.net

This is my experience with vps.net
    vps.net/forum/topic/4068-tell-us-what-you-think/page__st__20 of course they closed the post yesterday night.

Last 2 months i had a downtime of over 8 days and last 6 days my eshop loads sometimes 2s, and sometimes 20s. I have a eshop and lost a lot of money last 6 days.
    As they donīt know whatīs the problem since last 25 hours they try to migrate my vps to another cloud ...

6 days losing a lot of orders in my eshop.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but I think ya posted in the wrong forum lol. This should be in the vps forum not the webhosting forum :|
    TuneMyBox.com - Providing top quality admin services for linux servers. Mysql/Performance/Security/DDos Mitigation and More! Get a quick and painless quote for any job Here!
    Follow Us on Twitter!

Could you tell me how to move it to another forum?

Yeah sure buddy, Just hit the report button and a moderator would be more than happy to move it for ya
    TuneMyBox.com - Providing top quality admin services for linux servers. Mysql/Performance/Security/DDos Mitigation and More! Get a quick and painless quote for any job Here!
    Follow Us on Twitter!

I think VPS.net is little bit costlier what they offer.. It would be also interesting how rghf@vps.net will respond, he can't respond since VPS.net is really a big company...

Ugh, seems that these SAN's have been plaguing VPS.net unfortunately.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

And now they cannot move my vps to another cloud because has low disk performance and in 12 hours the backup only complete a 1,3/5 part of the proccess.

Surrealistic?

I'm sure there's more to this. There must a serious problem for your vps to be offline this long. Have you tried calling them?

- Ashton
    Ashton Allen | FuseWeb Limited
    Premium UK Webhosting
    | Shared Hosting | VPS | Reseller Hosting | VOIP |
    FuseWeb.co.uk Or follow us on Twitter

Now my vps itīs online but load sometimes 5s, other 45 seconds, the same that last 6 days.
    Friday the problem was the Raid Rebuiling ... it finished on sunday ... now I donīt know.
    08.19 Est Current Backup Size 1.26 Gb
    09.20 Est Current Backup Size 1.30 Gb
    10.17 Estx Current Backup Size 1.33 Gb

The thread on the VPS.NET forum was closed because it's several months old. It's a routine part of forum moderation, and even done here at WHT. We realize we're not perfect; in fact, it's part of the reason why we have the report to manager tool option or publish our management email address at mgmt@vps.net. I haven't seen anything come across my desk from you, so I don't have much more to add. A ticket ID or even name would be helpful, and once I see one I'll hop right on it.

We do like to help out our customers, just give us the opportunity is all we ask.

Terry Iīm speaking with Rus and was speaking with you 20 days ago 135487, Rus closed it last Friday.
    You can see my tickets.
    145312 with Rus

Quote Originally Posted by xonas View Post
    Terry Iīm speaking with Rus and was speaking with you 20 days ago 135487, Rus closed it last Friday.
    You can see my tickets.
    145312 with Rus
    It looks like Yuri, one of our L3 techs, has been providing updates to you approximately every 20 minutes. Unfortunately your VM is rather large so it takes a bit of time to do a backup and get you setup on a new cloud. There were a couple of options presented that would've made the move go faster, but it doesn't look like they'd work for you, as you advised our team, so we're stuck in a bit of a waiting game while we wait for things to finish.

I used them, purely for testing reasons, and found the SAN storage to have a lot of problems. When My VPS was working fine it was terrific, but when it was down it was really a mess, of course that was nearly a year ago. Give VPS.NET a chance to respond and I'm sure they will do everything in their power to make things right, Nick and Terry are really good at what they do!

The problem Terry as you know is that i had this problem since last wednesday.
    Last Friday: this issue caused by RAID rebuilding in your cloud, and we can't do anything, we apologize for the inconvenience, please wait
    Sunday the raid rebuilding finished but the problem persist and Rus recomend me migrate to another cloud.

The problem is that is my history last month with you. Iīm user from last year.

2 months ago (16/09/11) @ 03:18 EST, Juan wrote:
    In the last 25 days here I have 6 problems with you. Tonight I had to return to write you because my VPS was falling at this hour after waiting 10 hours continuous fall.

Rus recomends deep fsck 16/09
    On 20/10 Rus recomends migrate the Vm to another Sun.
    On 21/11 YOU recomens me re-create the Vps.
    about 1 month ago (27/10/11) @ 10:17 EST, Juan wrote:
    Hi Terry.
    Last week you changed my VPS to another San and was 14 hours downtime ... today takes 9 hours downtime. As I say the problem is mine to believe they would do the right thing but I see nothing has changed.

(27/10/11) @ 18:14 EST, Terry wrote:
    Hi Juan,

This is a very complex issue that is limited to your VPS. We have our software vendor looking at this to see if they can figure out a cause.

26/11 Rus recomends me migrate to another VPS.

Yesterday morning you tell me backup is being created.
    Today morning you tell me We had to restart backup creation for your VPS

And this is the resumen of my last month.
    Last edited by xonas; 11-28-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Other new days and Iīm in the same situation that yesterday. 22 hours ago the backup size was 1.1GB, now 1.8GB.

Yesterday the problem was the low disk perfomance.

Today the high amount of small files

And finally
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 7:46 AM
    London H SAN issue
    Nov 29, 07:40 AM GMT
    We are experiencing performance issues on one of our storage servers on LON-H cloud. Our technicians are working on this problem.

Vps down last 2 hours and the backup creation task failed again ..... CONGRATs VPS.NET.

London H SAN issue
    We are experiencing performance issues on one of our storage servers on LON-H cloud. Our technicians are working on this problem.
    Nov 29, 08:40 AM GMT
    Technicians are still working on this problem.
    Nov 29, 10:30 AM GMT
    We have found the reason of problem and working on fix. ETA 4 hours.

Nov 29, 13:30 AM GMT
    Unfortunately we need some more time to completely fix this issue. ETA 2 hours.

Downtime at this moment 6 hours and 9 minutes.
    Status From To Time
    11/29/2011 7:42:23AM 11/29/2011 1:51:23PM 6h 9m

They don't have redundant cloud infrastructure, they are not even cloud. I would say they are like VPS with ISCSI SAN connection.

Quote Originally Posted by RONIS View Post
    They don't have redundant cloud infrastructure, they are not even cloud. I would say they are like VPS with ISCSI SAN connection.
    There's a couple of things I'd like to say - right now there's really no firm definition of cloud. From a marketing standpoint, that's great; we can try and come up with our own definition. But it can also cause a lot of customer confusion, which is unfortunate.

I would say that under almost all definitions VPS.NET is one of the few actual true cloud providers. I can say this for 3 primary reasons:

1.) Immediate, on the fly scaling. There's no rebooting necessary to add resources, with OS'es that support it.

2.) Automatic server failover. If the server hosting your VPS fails, it'll automatically failover to a different server in our cloud.

3.) Redundant SAN units. All data is stored on multiple SANs, meaning that if one SAN fails, the other will take over the work, without downtime.

Now there are things that we're still striving towards that'll improve the strength of our offering. For example, we offer a new Geo Hosting product that is built off the VPS platform, AND hosts your data in multiple locations. Eventually this technology will work it's way across our other products, so your VPS will be hosted in multiple locations. Our SAN technology is always being improved upon, in fact, we have a meeting with our vendor today about a new solution they're coming out with.

The thing is, cloud hosting is still cutting edge and being developed. While it has matured a lot as a product over the past year, especially as OnApp has grown, there's still a significant amount of room for improvement and growth. I do believe that we all can agree that the cloud is the future -- gone are the days of a single server powering a website.

Terry if you have redundant San units , why with today London San issue my Vps has a downtime of 8 hours and 20 minutes? and waiting.

Terry if you have redundant San units , why with today London San issue my Vps has a downtime of 8 hours and 20 minutes? and waiting.
    I think our technicians have tried to explain this to you multiple times - your VPS is corrupt beyond repair. What we're trying to do is use recovery mode to backup the VPS and then move it to a new installation. However, due to the amount of data necessary to move it's proving to be somewhat troublesome. We could do other things, but I think the language barrier here is preventing us from really being able to help you out to the best of our abilities.

Here's what we're going to do - I'm going to offer give you a full 100% refund this month, with the suggestion that you likely look into a provider with support in your home country. We'll continue to work to get your VPS back online, so the migration will be easier for you.

Your technics NEVER explain me that my vps was corrupt beyond repair and is the first time that you and Rus tell ME IT.

And iīm speaking about London H issue http://status.vps.net/ Last 6 days i have problems with the speed of the server but the vps was online a 87.14% of the time.

London H SAN issue
    Nov 29, 08:40 AM GMT
    Technicians are still working on this problem.
    Nov 29, 10:30 AM GMT
    We have found the reason of problem and working on fix. ETA 4 hours.
    Nov 29, 13:30 AM GMT
    Unfortunately we need some more time to completely fix this issue. ETA 2 hours.
    Last edited by xonas; 11-29-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Your technics NEVER explain me that my vps was corrupt beyond repair and is the first time that you and Rus tell ME IT. If you want to tell that your techics tell me it, your are l. Last 6 days since I report that i have problems you arenīt telling the truth , find a conversation where they tell me it.

And iīm speaking about London H issue http://status.vps.net/ Last 6 days i have problems with the speed of the server but the vps was online a 87.14% of the time.
    Here's the tremendous thing, as I explained earlier, we have redundant SAN units.

While one of the units is having an issue, the others pick up the work. This can cause poor performance once the downed unit comes back online as they need to re-sync all the data changes.

So your issue isn't related to that issue. Your issue is specific to your VM. All other clients on LON-H are online.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast