Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think this makes perfect sense, so essentially the idea is that you don't have to worry too much about optimization but just the quality of content, which is how it should be.

If you have good content there wont be a problem with google. A site regularly updated and maintained which has a steady stream of created backlinks will prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by seoexp102 View Post
    what do mean be redesign? is it only for contents or else?
    Yes the content and the website's look.

In another view point, I think SEO in ther future may easier than before. You do not make a ton of backlink to get rank high (As this will be penalized) but make good content and give some link to original. The key is good content and refer it to your site with slow process but steady growth.

The future of SEO

My question is: How were you effected my recent changes (Panda, Penguin) made by Big G. ?
    I for one was infected by massive ( I'm talking 10's of thousand) unsolicited links from paid directories.
    I just can't believe what's going on, and how is this possible.

We didn't have paid links to worry about, but we had hundreds (thousands perhaps) of sites who had us in a "Hosted by" link in their site footers. I can't confirm, but I think that hurt us because we saw a drop right around the updates.

Google is using more and more variables .. so I think in the future will be more difficult to figure out which backlinks help.

Quote Originally Posted by sbradk View Post
    We didn't have paid links to worry about, but we had hundreds (thousands perhaps) of sites who had us in a "Hosted by" link in their site footers. I can't confirm, but I think that hurt us because we saw a drop right around the updates.
    So what really they count a link to be a good one ?

10's of thousand of links all of a sudden showing up and linking to one page is no good at all.
    I had over 80,000 of those that shoed up, and Mr. Big G. didn't like it at all.
    And the sad part is , that the future doesn't look too good, with all the crap going on.

If 10's of thousand of links linking to one page then matter is of worry because Google is doing lots of update in its search algorithm very frequently. Penguin update is recent update.

If anyone is following SEO suggested by Google click here for more info, then there is nothing to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by sunartmoon View Post
    And the sad part is , that the future doesn't look too good, with all the crap going on.
    If you don't do crap, then it should be all good, isn't it ?

If if take links from relevant websites and if it looks natural not a problem but if we take links from any where and with intended anchor text it may harm us.

Google Penguin update is affected for those sites who has more than 60% of back links from the exact matching keywords. Analyse your site and submit it for re-indexing.

The future of SEO is bright, because day by day the usage of internet is increased and importance of internet marketing is also. Search engine optimization (SEO) is part of Search engine marketing (SEM) and vital type of internet marketing. It is very popular way to promote business online with affordable rate. SEO is long term process to get result.

Now Google is active against spam activities, over optimization etc… these changes also make SEO very smart in future.

In My opinion SEO Future is bright and Google more and more new algorithm and updation launch it and it is good every website users and SEO point of view new sites create and factors available in future.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotHost-Max View Post
    Google is using more and more variables .. so I think in the future will be more difficult to figure out which backlinks help.
    I guess this is due to the fact that there's too much black hat linking going on in the SEO domain and that's why these things happen. But Google is doing its best to figure out new ways of dealing with all these inconveniences. As far as I'm concerned, I think the more SEO advances, the more Google will develop as well, but this, in time.

As per changing is persistent of Google behavior then future of SEO is bright. No question about it because SEO is long term process and life long process to stay in high level of global competitive market.

I think the future of SEO is creating a online discussion about your brand/product/service. The days of focusing on links is over... yes you should get links but that should just be a result of participating on the web. Get on social networks, forums, start a discussion.

Exclamation Google's new Update - Has It Affected You?

Has the latest update algorithm helped or hurt you?

As for me some sites were devastated some were not affected. We practice only white hat / ethical SEO practices and I can't really figure out why some sites were affected so badly.

Back to the drawing board ~ just more time and money wasted

One not so busy site moved from PR2 to PR3.

One moderately busy site fell from PR3 to PR2.

My personal site moved from PR2 to PR4.

A couple of other sites moved from PR0 to PR3.

My personal and busiest site is still a PR3 yet, completely vanished??

I can't figure out what happened there? During the initial Panda update it was untouched and stayed on page 1 at the very top of the search results. I have no idea how to proceed with this one. I just hope it pans out over the next few weeks and shows back up!

I know this update was supposed to be "great" but, it seem a bit screwed up to me. Now sites showing up for our would-be keywords are more of directory driven sites, rather than, actual content or service related sites such as ours.

webprologic, if your site is affected by Penguin update and you are confident that you did not use any black hat technique to promote your site then you can request to review your site by using this form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...bkE6MQ&ndplr=1

I think new algorithm benefit a lot for who make quality website. Spam website will be penalized more and more

Quote Originally Posted by webprologic View Post
    My personal and busiest site is still a PR3 yet, completely vanished??

I can't figure out what happened there? During the initial Panda update it was untouched and stayed on page 1 at the very top of the search results. I have no idea how to proceed with this one. I just hope it pans out over the next few weeks and shows back up!

I know this update was supposed to be "great" but, it seem a bit screwed up to me. Now sites showing up for our would-be keywords are more of directory driven sites, rather than, actual content or service related sites such as ours.

Well , as of this morning, under one major key search term it's now on page 2 (go figure) and under another major search term it's only a few pages back? Wheew STILL WTF!!!

Ether they (google) are still refining this baby or the site has been offline/down during the spider crawls.

HUMMMMMM

Arrow Google Penguin F-Up!

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    Well Google's employees who'd do this manually or using any kind of automated method definitely do not apply objective criteria in any single case. I'm sure they are trying to do a good job. However at the end of the day you can see a bunch of low quality spammy websites ranked well and others which are content rich, disqualified.

Just look at your web pages, take your time to find out whether you're missing something and resubmit the website for crawling if necessary.
    Here's how messed up this is:

My plumbing site / plumbing company as well as others are now being out-ranked (position wise - not necessarily by PR) by:

People's twitter feeds, www.mugshots.com, craigslist classified ads, the tv stations websites, among other silly sites including plumbing companies which aren't anywhere near our district - they're states away!

This is kinda funny and surely is not helpful to people searching for example "plumbing company's located in >fill in the blank< area"

Good job Google

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast