hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : WHT Announcements, Feedback and Questions : Has anyone noticed a bug in WHT's mobile interface?

Forum Jump

Has anyone noticed a bug in WHT's mobile interface?

Reply Post New Thread In WHT Announcements, Feedback and Questions Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Junior Guru

Has anyone noticed a bug in WHT's mobile interface?

When I was trying to access WHT on my Blackberry, the navigation link on the top of the page is always one level off. Say if I am in the VPS Offers forum looking at one offer and wants to go back, I click on the VPS Offers navigation link, however instead of getting to the home page of VPS Offers forum, I actually ended up getting to the home page of Hosting Offers with all subforums listed.

Could anyone verify this is the case or just me getting silly?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 08:24 AM
iNET Senior Community Advisor

I'd say it's just me getting silly. erm .. I mean ... you getting silly.

But we'll let someone that can surf with a Blackberry to confirm, because my phone seems to be bug free.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Disabled

Works fine on my Android phone.
BlackBerry phones have terrible browsers.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Community Liaison 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
But we'll let someone that can surf with a Blackberry to confirm, because my phone seems to be bug free.
Confirmed. Can't seem to figure out what's causing it, but what he's stating does in fact happen.

Reproduction Steps:

- Using the Blackberry browser, Go to www.webhostingtalk.com
- Click on Web Hosting Offers
- Click on VPS Hosting Offers
- Click on any of the threads
- Scroll to the top of the BB screen and click on VPS Hosting Offers
- Returns you to the root of the Web Hosting Offers section. The actual URL is sends you to is www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Old 05-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Community Liaison

Just to note, it does this in Opera Mini on the BB too. Works fine if you view the full version rather than the mobile site.

Related point - don't remember if I posted this before, but if you view a thread in the full version then switch to mobile view, it'll refresh the same URL but you get 'Invalid forum specified' and have to find the thread again.