Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertising.. How to do it?

Basically i have been running a small hosting company called Infused Hosting for the last 6 years.

Started it when i was quite young with little knowlege and built it up as ive got older. I am at a stage now where i can run the server side of WHM, I can code my website/design, i have got a setup of whmcs running all automatic.

The bit that gets me is advertising? I am currently using google adwords which is ridiculously expensive and without the income from customers is impossible for me to continue to use it.

Anyone have any good advertising ideas/methods? I am looking for free and paid methods but obviously the paid methods need to be quite low down the pay scale until the income can support additional advertisements.

Please review my website if you get chance to tell me good/bad ideas i am using also if my packages seem a little out of this world.

I am open to all criticism.

Thanks a lot for reading,

Regards,

Alec

I scrolled through your website and on the front page, some of the announcements above the packages interfere with the live chat button. Also on the WHMCS pages, the footer text is harder to read than on your non-whmcs pages. It looks like the text is glowing. I am not sure if you meant to do that. Also, I would try to add rounded edges for the WHMCS pages, so it matches your other pages. Lastly, in the footer, the links under 'What we offer' and 'Why Infused?', don't work.
    GhostLeap.com - Affordable Web Hosting
    cPanel - R1Soft Backups - 99% Uptime - Softaculous - Litespeed Powered

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1988 View Post
    I scrolled through your website and on the front page, some of the announcements above the packages interfere with the live chat button. Also on the WHMCS pages, the footer text is harder to read than on your non-whmcs pages. It looks like the text is glowing. I am not sure if you meant to do that. Also, I would try to add rounded edges for the WHMCS pages, so it matches your other pages. Lastly, in the footer, the links under 'What we offer' and 'Why Infused?', don't work.
    Good spotting, i had forgotten to link the What we Offer? pages and i need to finish creating the Why Infused Pages!

Always useful to have someone else browse your website.

In regards to the announcements above the packages on home page interfereing with the live chat button? What exactly do you mean? The button is set to the right for me and doesnt cross any text

Alec just a little suggestion.. you don't even have a WHT Signature which potentially could provide you with some click-through visitors that's a freebie and a must for you... also as I'm reading this thread and you mention your hosting company and nowhere is there an easy way to link and get to your site, I have to Google your name Infused Hosting just to find you! There many ways you can get free advertising/exposure if you careful make an online strategy to use whatever means you have now like forums, social networks etc... basically get the name Infused Hosting out there...

Unsure how to add a WHT Signature..

Could someone enlighten me?

Just added all infused hosting names / links to my profile.

Hi,
    You have an ad on your front page. Why? I mean what you are trying to sell is your hosting,not some other people's stuff. I don't think that looks ok.

Quote Originally Posted by InfusedHosting View Post
    Unsure how to add a WHT Signature..

Could someone enlighten me?

Just added all infused hosting names / links to my profile.
    Click on Member control panel,and select Edit signature, Just read the faq first,mods are always looking to chop heads off

Quote Originally Posted by ramdox View Post
    Hi,
    You have an ad on your front page. Why? I mean what you are trying to sell is your hosting,not some other people's stuff. I don't think that looks ok.
    True that,

Removed the advert.. was only on to try and generate some extra advertising £££

I dont seem to have the edit sig think i am still due a few days before i hit the 7 day limit.
    Last edited by InfusedHosting; 05-03-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Do you have a "like" page on FB for Infused Hosting? How about a Twitter feed? or a Weblog that's a RSS feed? Try updating at least few times a week with news, updates, even just a blog post from yourself? just showing there's many cool ways to get exposure for your company...

Good spotting, i had forgotten to link the What we Offer? pages and i need to finish creating the Why Infused Pages!

Always useful to have someone else browse your website.

In regards to the announcements above the packages on home page interfereing with the live chat button? What exactly do you mean? The button is set to the right for me and doesnt cross any text
    Just found out it was my monitor at work that was causing the words to go through the live chat button.
    GhostLeap.com - Affordable Web Hosting
    cPanel - R1Soft Backups - 99% Uptime - Softaculous - Litespeed Powered

Just found out it was my monitor at work that was causing the words to go through the live chat button.
    I see the text covering the button with Firefox, so no doubt a huge amount of the visitors to the site see it too.

Just had a quick check with more browsers.

IE, Firefox, Opera & Chrome all show the text overlapping the chat button on a 1024 wide resolution.

Just had a look over your home page and here is what stands out to me. Note that I didn't go any further, this is just the initial impression I get when I see your site.

Here at Infused Hosting, we give away 24/7 Linux support to every package we sell. This means if you ever have a server problem or issue preventing your website from being online, we will make it our highest priority to ensure that issue is resolved. Just open a Support Ticket as soon as possible!
    Give you, not give away.

Also, personally for me you go into too many details about server issues on the home page.

Tired of waiting for support responses? 24/7 Linux Support!
    Here at Infused Hosting, we give away 24/7 Linux support to every package we sell. This means if you ever have a server problem or issue preventing your website from being online, we will make it our highest priority to ensure that issue is resolved. Just open a Support Ticket as soon as possible!
    24/7 Linux support? So if I have an issue with one of your Windows servers then you won't help me?

Here at Infused Hosting
    This phrase appears a few times and the customer is already on your site. There is no need for this text, it just makes the sentences longer for no reason.

With our excellent equipment, we are pretty sure you wont be dissappointed when it comes to speed or reliability.
    Just pretty sure? If I'm going to give you my business I expect you to be more than pretty sure.

Also, run a spell checker through your site.

1.00 p/m
    1 what? You have pound signs on some prices but nothing on others.

Also, what is p/m? I know it is per month but are your general audience going to know that?

Starter - Core
    All of the packages have overlay images such as "Great Value" or "New" apart from one, don't you think that package is great value?

Just done some edits to the site to fix the issues you have stated..

Does that look better? Also will need to work on the chat button as im using res 1650 and looks fine for me.

Will have to scale it.

Advertise on forums like WHT and other forums with discount coupons.

The best advise I could give you is to test, test, and then do more tests..

There is no magic formula, unfortunately. All you can do is spread your advertising budget around and run test campaigns constantly to see what works for your company and what doesn't. Your first 10 campaigns using Google Adwords might fail and give you no sign ups for example, and then the next one will bring you 10 sign ups in two days just because you changed the wording on your Ad, or your keywords.

First, ask yourself this question.. How much am I willing to spend, or can afford to spend, for ONE client?.. $20, $30, how about $50? For me, if I spend $100 in Adwords and gain 2-3 new clients from it I consider it money well spent. This also has a lot to do with your company's Customer Retention Rate, and client loyalty for your brand. If your customers are happy and stick around, then you should be willing to spend more money in order to gain a quality client.

What do I mean by quality client? I mean "know your market".. Don't advertise somewhere just because it's a cheap place to put a banner there. Advertise is places where the customers YOU WANT, will hang out at (e.g - If you're selling web hosting, don't advertise on a hacker forum...). Also, don't just throw money away just because you have it.. There are many places where you can advertise your company for FREE and gain quality sign ups as well.

Some places I recommend you start with:

1. Web Hosting Talk Forums and WHIR
    2. Hosting Discussion Showcase and Marketplace Forums
    3. Twitter, Facebook and other social network sites
    4. Google Adwords (requires a lot of trial and error, but it DOES work)
    5. Local Advertising (signs, flyers, post cards, ect..)

And as always try your best to exceed your customer's expectations and treat them how you would like to be treated if you were in their shoes.. Lets not forget about the most powerful form of advertising: WORD OF MOUTH.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee U.S.A Based & Operated
    Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

Offer hosting that is cheaper than everyone elses. You can sell quantity and make up for the low price.

I'd say my prices do uncut most major hosting companies.

For example, i feel my reseller packages are a great bargin for whoever needs to start up or simply wants to change host.

I will continue to use the google adwords and see how my first campaign goes. Its had a good 25 clicks but no sales so far

Cost around $25 dollars as well!!

I will also use the twitter account more to help gain more followers which could potentially turn to customers.

Have you done a SWOT analysis of Infused Hosting yet? Have you figured out what market segment you're targeting? budget medium premium for ex? what type of customers do you want to attract? Who do you wish to be your clients? What is Infused Hosting afterall your mission statement and future goals? Just throwing money at Google Adsense without knowing your targets you're aiming at it's meaningless... have you even tried locally with flyers, word of mouth, referrals, campaigns, all this can be very effective you'll be surprised at the exposure that could get you if done right...

I havent done a SWOT no.. what is a SWOT ?

I am looking to aim for small to large companies with my web hosting

and new starters for resellers.

I may invest in some business cards and flyers for my local area to see if i can get some businesses around here to switch to us.

I scrolled through your website and on the front page, some of the announcements above the packages interfere with the live chat button
    I have the same issue, the live chat button really needs repositioning
    Probably easily achieved by narrowing the announcements, as it is nicely aligning the chat button to the right hand side directly under Sign Up button throughout the rest of the website

The bit that gets me is advertising? I am currently using google adwords which is ridiculously expensive and without the income from customers is impossible for me to continue to use it.
    Do not cease your google AdWords account, if you can afford it
    Even a basic campaign of £0.10 per day will retain your higher ranking in google
    If your campaign ends up ending or being suspended for lack of funds, your ranking will drop considerably
    If you plan to stop using google AdWords, then do so slowly

Don't concentrate on associated keywords, your website will be lost in the thousands of other providers
    Instead concentrate on keywords that your customers websites are related to
    Think of it in the same way as TV adverts; you quite often get related adverts to the program (or film) showing, and at other times you get adverts which have nothing do wiht it but may be beneficial
    As these are impressions they don't cost you anything, you can then afford to increase the cost per click on such a campaign; this will then convert customers that would otherwise not be directly looking
    Example "Hosting for gardener websites, from £1 per month" and so on...

The whole issue with google AdWords is monitoring the cost to income
    The advert may have cost you £50 in the last month and generated £25 in income
    Therefore setup an option within the WHMCS Client Register to find out where the customer heard about your service

See :
    http://www.bizstrategies.biz/swot-analysis.html

I may invest in some business cards and flyers for my local area to see if i can get some businesses around here to switch to us.
    Word of mouth has the best results and becomes organic in nature
    You need a USP (unique selling point) otherwise such businesses will remain with their existing provider

http://www.infused-hosting.com/billi...wledgebase.php
    May I suggest you actually split this one article into a FAQ category, then list each question as an article on its own
    At the moment it is necessary to scroll down to view each question, when searching the response may not be appropriate
    As an example, search "upgrade" and I am not taken to the actual article with that question visible
    Last edited by m8internet; 05-04-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    M8 INTERNET : Simple and cost effective website hosting from the UK
    M8 INTERNET : Google Ads Account Management

Therefore setup an option within the WHMCS Client Register to find out where the customer heard about your service
    Now thats a very good idea. I will be adding this into my product signup form which could be a great way of showing where they came from and if its worth paying google if people dont come from google!

I will look at thw SWOT thing now and at the moment ive got my daily adwords budget set to $5.00 a day. Theres $70 left on the account since i got a free £50 from google and added £10 to start myself.

Do you think its worth lowering the budget to ensure longer ranking rather than trying to gain more clicks?

http://www.infused-hosting.com/pic.png

Thats how i see the website, what resolutions you lot running on?

I am looking to aim for small to large companies with my web hosting

and new starters for resellers.

SWOT= Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, Threats, go to Google your best friend! and learn more like here on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWOT_analysis, basically a SWOT is something early everyone does and I do on ANY new project I'm involved with even any new decision or project I'm thinking about as a potential business idea before taking any venture or new product to market.... there's also many other analysis besides SWOT you can use to help you but SWOT is a standard in business planning and strategy...

You don't even have a business card?! How do you represent yourself when you meet someone? You should be giving out your Business cards daily to nearly every new person you come in contact with in your daily work, great idea is to print new offers or campaigns on the backside of the business card what is called a "call to action" and works really good. No Business card that's a no-no... get some printed!

Well ive just now broke the site and i cant see what ive done..

I was only trying to edit the active link font colour on the whmcs.css and now the whole sites gone doolally..

EDIT: Stupid IE enabled that compatability mode and it looked all wrong LOL!

Fixed
    Last edited by InfusedHosting; 05-04-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast