hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : Possible to change domain registration date?

Forum Jump

Possible to change domain registration date?

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Possible to change domain registration date?

As the title said.

The reason why i'm asking is because there're some numbers means “unlucky" in fengshui terms, especially regarding businesses.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Junior Guru

I'm afraid not, unless the domain has just been registered you may be able to delete it and purchase it again, but the domain may not be available to register again due to the registry keeping hold of the domain.

| GalaxyWebSolutions.com | 0800 61 24689 | 01454 620 217

Old 05-02-2012, 02:47 PM
WHT Content Curator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventrix View Post
As the title said.

The reason why i'm asking is because there're some numbers means “unlucky" in fengshui terms, especially regarding businesses.
If you believe in Fengshui why would you register the domain on such a date?

Serious question, i'm not into Fengshui but find it an interesting principle to follow/believe in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky-GWS View Post
I'm afraid not, unless the domain has just been registered you may be able to delete it and purchase it again, but the domain may not be available to register again due to the registry keeping hold of the domain.
Not to mention someone could scoop it up and that's bad Fengshui for business.

www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techy View Post
If you believe in Fengshui why would you register the domain on such a date?

Serious question, i'm not into Fengshui but find it an interesting principle to follow/believe in.
I didn't register the domain name myself, it was previously registered by someone else and i just bought it down.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Web Hosting Master

GoDaddy had a service to change the renewal date (not the original registration date).

Old 05-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORF View Post
GoDaddy had a service to change the renewal date (not the original registration date).
The ConsoliDate feature GORF is referencing only works for .com and .net domains. For full details you can read this help guide on this feature.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

I would just let the domain expire and re-register it on a proper date for yourself. You can't change it now.

Hosted by: Myhosting.com - 10 months and counting!

Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 AM
(formerly WhichGunDotCom)

The registration date can only be changed if you let the domain expire then re-register. This is inadvisable as many domains that expire are swept up the instant they become available for registration. There is a good chance that you will lose the domain.

My advice is to ignore any superstitions about numbers. If your business fails, it certainly will not be because of the registration date on your domain name.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventrix View Post
As the title said.

the date is very impossible to change,
maybe next time, u'd better register it urself, as your wish.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:45 AM
Web Hosting Master

Talking purely technically... it is, physically, possible to edit the "creation date" field of a domain name. It's only a field in a database, and anything that's in a database can be edited.

However... in practice the only way to get this done would be to bribe someone who has the right privileges on the system, and they'd probably risk losing their job, so I don't think it's going to happen somehow!