Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What motivated you and still does today?

Just wondering and wanting to know what motivated you into building a web hosting company?

Also what keeps you trying and won't make you back down from running your web hosting business? Is it your family, friends or even the pride of providing god services to people?

I enjoy it because it is fun and I enjoy every order we get it is kind if like a mini high. A feeling of building something that is global we have customers all over the world and it is a feeling of pride and accomplishment. As it is not easy we spend and fight for every customer that orders.

"Build it and they will come" does not work for hosting at all. It more like build it work you ass off then work some more spend a ton and maybe they will come!

One thing that keeps me going is I an neck deep in it and << my company >> is really starting to grow every month we get more orders than the last that perpetual growth makes you wonder how large can my company get.
    Last edited by writespeak; 05-02-2012 at 08:22 PM.
    | Buzy Bee Hosting, LLCsales@bzybhosting.com★Dedicated★KVM VPS★
    | Self/Fully Managed★ Shared Hosting★cPanelŽ★ 99.9% uptime★
    | Softaculous★ CMS hosting★ SSL Certs★ Idera CDP Backup, FTP Backup

Money motivates me, providing for my family, not having to live off state, friends and family, having food on the table, and clothes on my childrens' backs etc.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

I enjoy it because its something different. I also hate to see people let down this is why i offer my hosting.

I've been a customer for the greater part of my life, I started my hosting company for me. Create what you want to buy, it's hard to lose motivation for that.

i am running a webhosting business in local market..it was from 2009.. honestly i get so little profit from this business...(May be it was my marketing strategy failure ).. but still now i love it... i like to reply my client's support ticket...

if in future i will face very financial problem and i need to close my business.. at least i will run a free hosting company to see a support ticket in my mail daily....when support ticket will stop to come in my inbox then may be my breath will also stop...

Helping customers & I love the feeling of being in full control of my company & the direction it takes.

Not having a boss is probably my biggest motivator, the fought of working for someone else again keeps me working hard & motivated. I can honestly say that if someone offered me a job for double what I make now I wouldn't take it.

I would also say that seeing my company grow is a big motivator.

Lastly I really like the fact that I'm dealing with people from different countries and cultures, it's extremely exciting.
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by GeeksHosts View Post
    Just wondering and wanting to know what motivated you into building a web hosting company?
    Money.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeksHosts View Post
    Also what keeps you trying and won't make you back down from running your web hosting business? Is it your family, friends or even the pride of providing god services to people?
    Contractual / partnership obligations...

We are more of an managed IT services vendor than host, but our motivation comes from seeing clients succeed because we removed their IT barriers. We have clients that have gone from startup to being acquired by USA Today, Trip Advisor, MYOB, and others. Seeing that success is what drives us. Good ideas should not be stifled because you simply don't know how to scale operations.
    Well we do provide god [sic] like services. Success keeps us going. When our client's win, we win. We are often the last stop on a business's marry-go-round search for an IT partner. That provides us with tremendous satisfaction of a job well done.

We save you time, money, and frustration by handling the server management tasks required to run an online business successfully.
    No prodding required. We just do it right the first time. Red Hat, MySQL, Plesk, and cPanel certified staff.

It's just fun to see a happy client say thank you or see that they're happy! =) And every order I receive makes me feel happy.
    But the thing I don't like is that my site is making me sleep bad, I can wake up in the middle of the night to check my phone for new emails. (tickets)
    www.Hostzoom.net
    Pure SSD Powered cPanel web hosting with location in Amsterdam, Netherland.

Well, I am not a hosting company, but I'd like to participate in the theme of the question. I like being in business for many reasons.

For starters, I enjoy constantly learning and taking on new challenges. Every new business I encounter is a new challenge. It is a new learning block because every business is run differently which requires different strategies, paradigms, concepts, and other tools I use based on what my clients needs are.

In addition to my own personal well being, I enjoy helping others. Not everyone can be an expert in every field (hence why there are so many different positions in a company, and so many different industries). Creating synergies between different departments can lead to some very interesting new ideas.
    Doug
    Finance, Operations, and Business Executive

Women love a web hosting owner, that's why I do it... For all the chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    lol...I literally laughed out loud.
    Doug

You have that slightly wrong. Women love money.
    iWebFusion.Net - Shared / Reseller / VPS / Bare Metal / Colocation / IP Transit / Networking
    *Simply Hosting - Wholly owned networks, in-house staff, legions of fans!

It's more a passion for me, but if i can make money with it, it's even better.
    LinkAlone Networks - Canadian Smart Hosting Solutions
    Cpanel - CloudLinux - Solid State Drives
    +10 Years in Web Hosting Business

I have been in this business for almost 10 years. All the guys in the company enjoy what they are doing. We have turned down at least five buyout offers within the last 3 years and we love to continue doing web hosting business.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

My reason matches up with alot of others. I like ruining a business because I like helping others build their website and I providing good top of the line services to people all around the world. Every day a new order comes in I get to meet a web master from any where in the world..

I also aggree that having.a business online can.keep you up late nights or have you waking up in the middle of the night having to answer a couple of tickets or emails.

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    I have been in this business for almost 10 years.
    I think your math is off ... your company has been in business since 2000 and it's 2012? Unless that's not your company.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    I think your math is off ... your company has been in business since 2000 and it's 2012? Unless that's not your company.
    Hi Doug,

Thanks for asking? One would work for more than one company in the same industry or might join a web hosting provider at anytime. I'm sure that would help you to do the math
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    Hi Doug,

Thanks for asking? One would work for more than one company in the same industry or might join a web hosting provider at anytime. I'm sure that would help you to do the math
    Haha, I know. I'm just giving you a hard time. Your username is Host Color and it's been in business since 2000 so I was being a smart ass. We are all entitled to a little fun, aren't we!
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Haha, I know. I'm just giving you a hard time. Your username is Host Color and it's been in business since 2000 so I was being a smart ass. We are all entitled to a little fun, aren't we!
    Sure I agree!

Lol, +1.
    Girls do not understand IT based jobs at all, I think.
    - I am a PHP developer. I'm not a webhosting owner, I have never run a webhosting business before.
    - English is not my primary language.

Quote Originally Posted by paraiba View Post
    Lol, +1.
    Girls do not understand IT based jobs at all, I think.
    Some do,and way better than us

I do it because it's a challenge for me. And because my clients are like my family (some of them are even on my personal facebook account) seeing them grow is wonderful. Also, it gives me control, and it gives me the power to help others, specially the non-technical folks. Plus the money, plus learning from experience.
    I'm a web hosting enthusiast, a media graduate and a web geek..

Helping others succeed personally give me a satisfaction. Helping small businesses, and seeing them succeed by far is what motivates me the most!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast