Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by doughnet View Post
    For $70/month ... i would hope it was on top haha
    Price doesn't mean much, I've paid much more for crappier hardware... I just know the guys that run it are top notch and wouldn't run a business any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    Price doesn't mean much, I've paid much more for crappier hardware... I just know the guys that run it are top notch and wouldn't run a business any other way.
    Well if you think about it if they charge 2x more per month than competitors then they can afford higher end hardware giving them that better performance we are seeing. That's pretty much what I was getting at.

Well if you think about it if they charge 2x more per month than competitors then they can afford higher end hardware giving them that better performance we are seeing. That's pretty much what I was getting at.
    Certainly a valid point.

Worth noting that the $35/mo plan would return nearly the same numbers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    Certainly a valid point.

Forgot about that. Great point sir on that. When you think about that, it's not that much difference in cost than competitors.

Can't wait to see the scores for serveraxis.com. I'm looking for a east coast VPS to run my game servers. It's a free service I provide so Im always looking for budget (hence why I went with virtualsrv & piesrv that neither worked out). As long as the numbers show decent for serveraxis.com I'll be trying them out next!

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    Certainly a valid point.

I made a footnote indicating that.

That means that Alto's assigned CPU cores number is the same, otherwise UnixBench would give other results.

Can't wait to see the scores for serveraxis.com. I'm looking for a east coast VPS to run my game servers. It's a free service I provide so Im always looking for budget (hence why I went with virtualsrv & piesrv that neither worked out). As long as the numbers show decent for serveraxis.com I'll be trying them out next!
    Unfortunately, I have canceled a VPS from them prior to running all the tests.

If they would allow me to have that VPS for a day, the results will appear really soon.

If they won't (and they are not obliged to give it for free). well, I'll order one several weeks later and run tests.
    Last edited by Master Bo; 05-05-2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: merging responses
    VPSeer: VPS-related benchmarks, news and how-tos.
    "There are two kinds of people in the world, those who haven't lost important data yet, and those who do regular backups."
    Network and Server Monitoring Tool - uptime and performance monitoring

Konstantin... can you just verify that what I read is correct about CleverKite CPU is 4x E31270? I just find that an unusual setup...

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik Holben View Post
    Konstantin... can you just verify that what I read is correct about CleverKite CPU is 4x E31270? I just find that an unusual setup...
    Those are 'virtual cores', reported by UnixBench.
    If I perform 'cat /proc/cpuinfo', I'll see this

Code:
    vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
    cpu family	: 6
    model		: 42
    model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31270 @ 3.40GHz
    stepping	: 7
    cpu MHz		: 3392.298
    cache size	: 8192 KB
    physical id	: 0
    siblings	: 8
    core id		: 3
    cpu cores	: 4
    I suppose this is where the number four is taken. I should make a remark on that in the article,
    "There are two kinds of people in the world, those who haven't lost important data yet, and those who do regular backups."

Quote Originally Posted by masterbo View Post
    Those are 'virtual cores', reported by UnixBench.

I suppose this is where the number four is taken. I should make a remark on that in the article,
    Yes Konstantin... it must be all 4 cores avaliable in the E3 1270 (4 cores chip) which means all CleverKite offerings have access to all 4 cores? on a Single E3 1270 with RAID10 4x SSD's

Yes Konstantin... it must be all 4 cores avaliable in the E3 1270 (4 cores chip) which means all CleverKite offerings have access to all 4 cores? on a Single E3 1270 with RAID10 4x SSD's
    Well I think we should ask Orien to clarify that.

Technically the E3-1270s report 8 virtual cores, but yes that's more or less our current builds.

nice performance ....

Thanks for making this list. I think we're about to start seeing a faster rise in popularity for this as the VPS market continues growing and disk I/O continues to be on top of the most frequent bottlenecks for the lower price range.
    MXroute - E-mail Hosting for Your Domain.

Update: I have also added
    Amazon EC2 benchmarks chart
    You can also download from that page a .ZIP containing all the benchmarks data.

Quote Originally Posted by jarland View Post
    Thanks for making this list. I think we're about to start seeing a faster rise in popularity for this as the VPS market continues growing and disk I/O continues to be on top of the most frequent bottlenecks for the lower price range.
    Yes, there are more and more SSD hosting offers nowadays. I suppose this moment is the rise of this industry. Let's observe and participate.

who paid to let you test the:
    m2.4xlarge

package for ec2? haha!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast