hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Hostgator vs Godaddy

Forum Jump

Hostgator vs Godaddy

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Hostgator vs Godaddy

Hello, I'm trying to decide on what web hosting company is better. Hostgator or Godaddy?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Web Hosting Master

Have used Hostgator in the past.Support is great. Cannot comment on Godaddy since I haven't used them.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:54 PM

Thank you ram, I've heard both good and bad things about host gator and godaddy. Just need to make sure that I pick the right one and don't get myself stuck in something I don't like lol

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Disabled

HostGator shared hosting is way better than GoDaddy, however GoDaddy VPS are much better!

Old 05-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Web Hosting Master

HG all the way...

Give it a spin at www.TryOnApp.com, and see why we're behind 1 out of 3 public clouds online.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron0 View Post
Thank you ram, I've heard both good and bad things about host gator and godaddy. Just need to make sure that I pick the right one and don't get myself stuck in something I don't like lol
Then pay monthly,keep backups and try them both. or even do a 180 and pick a third host.The choices you have are unlimited.

Why did you pick up these hosts in the first place? Do you have a preferred location? Maybe if you provide more details we could figure out if there is a more suitable host for you.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovenose View Post
HostGator shared hosting is way better than GoDaddy, however GoDaddy VPS are much better!
Have you tried the GoDaddy VPS?I don't think you can comment on something you haven't tried yet

Old 05-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Premium Member

Stay away from Godaddy shared hosting. There are plenty of warnings regarding their services posted all of WHT. If you are concerned about a host, try searching the forums for user reviews. Also check out the Hosting Offers section for a wide variety of different hosts.

"Problems Of Today, Meet Solutions Of Tomorrow"
US East ~ Shared, Dedicated & Fully Managed VPS Solutions

Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 PM

HostGator. GoDaddy servers have some non-standard configurations and make it difficult to get some common PHP scripts to run correctly.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Web Host Reviewer

HostGator vs Godaddy is like hamburger vs dogfood.
HG is the burger.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Where Thought and Time Collide

Depends on your needs. If your starting a new website, then HG. But in the long run or if you already have a site your trasnferring, then choice #3, not HG and look through the Shared Hosting offers section.

Godaddy hosting anything is just bad, period.

HG was an excellent host about 5 years ago. Sites loaded quickly, support answered tickets properly, and chat support would answer you in 2 minutes.

Now because they sell unlimited everything, sites can load slow, databases can have errors or crash, support tickets give you a run around before actually helping, and chat support can take up to 60 minutes for someone to answer due to many people asking for support.

This doesn't happen to everyone and you could be the lucky one to avoid those issues, but they are common issues that many have complained about with HG.

If your looking for "unlimited space"...doesn't exist. Figure out your needs and find a good host that will work with you.

██ Email: sales [@] 48-14 .com Twitter: @4814

Old 05-01-2012, 11:49 PM

I would have to say hostgator on this one. I held a vps from them awhile back and they provided the support I needed. The VPS was quick. So I vote for Hostgator.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:24 AM
WHT Addict

Comparing two, HG is better of course...

However, why are you stuck on these 2 providers only? There are plenty of service providers in the market if you have clear specific requirements...

Old 05-02-2012, 12:42 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
Depends on your needs. If your starting a new website, then HG. But in the long run or if you already have a site your trasnferring, then choice #3, not HG and look through the Shared Hosting offers section.

Godaddy hosting anything is just bad, period.

HG was an excellent host about 5 years ago. Sites loaded quickly, support answered tickets properly, and chat support would answer you in 2 minutes.

Now because they sell unlimited everything, sites can load slow, databases can have errors or crash, support tickets give you a run around before actually helping, and chat support can take up to 60 minutes for someone to answer due to many people asking for support.

This doesn't happen to everyone and you could be the lucky one to avoid those issues, but they are common issues that many have complained about with HG.

If your looking for "unlimited space"...doesn't exist. Figure out your needs and find a good host that will work with you.

Support inquiries via livechat are still solved in a timely manner - tickets are solved within 1-2 hours, no matter what the inquiry.

Haven't done phone support because I haven't needed to.

█| www.velxo.com

Old 05-02-2012, 12:57 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron0 View Post
Hello, I'm trying to decide on what web hosting company is better. Hostgator or Godaddy?
Stay far away from godaddy. I wouldn't even touch godaddy with a ten foot clown pole. But their commercials are funny But the service is bad especially the shared hosting cause you only get like 62mb memory. And if you want a forum or a wordpress don't go near godaddy. The VPS they have is so-so not the greatest in the world and performance/price is pretty bad too.

Godaddy(Shared):
Dynamic Site - No No
Static Site - Yes Yes YEAH!