ip management system in dev.

Hello everyone. I've noticed an ever growing need for an IP management system. So I've decided to go ahead and start on one. Please let me know what you think of the system so far and some ideas/features to add-on/improve it.

http://addr.eunacom.com
    Username: demo
    Password: demo

Thanks everyone!

Is this going to be open source?

If so, we might be interested.

We would need support for larger blocks... /22 /21 /20 /19

Also... I can't see the assign to user part yet so it's hard to say if it's useful.

Hello kqimberl,
    It still isn't decided if it will be open source or not. Although if it isn't it will be at a nominal fee. Yes the assign to user part is currently under construction and planned to be working by tommorow. It'll also feature a client side where clients can login and buy x amount of ip(s). Then have them automatically allocated to them after payment.

We have plans to make this into a beast. A modern bill of ip management.

Interesting... I'm not sure I would allow clients to just login and get IPs. There are justification issues there....

Kwimberl, good point there as far as the justification. Perhaps also when they request x amount have a form field for justification of each ip.

Also on top of that the system features a modular design so we may just have that as a special add-on feature for those who wish to have it.

Although for sure the system will allow clients to login view what ip's were allocated to them, etc.

From our perspective, we just want a good system for keeping track of our IP allocations to our dedicated and colo clients. We are currently using excel spreadsheets and it is a nightmare.

Any other data centers have suggestions for what we should use?

This system will focus mainly on dedicated/colo client ip allocation. Although it'll still be possible to be used for reseller/shared/vds/etc.

sysav,

This is just what I've been looking for. As far as I see it, there are 3 main components (tables):
    • IP's
    • Clients
    • Servers

The rest is just relationships between them (Sorry, I'm a DBA by profession). I only want to have to create a client once and then relate the client to a server and IP's to the server.

Frank
    Umbra Hosting
    cPanel | Softaculous | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Ksplice
    Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    UmbraHosting.com

Yes we plan to intergrate this with some of the popular control panels. Such as cpanel, plesk, and ensim. Although probably will not be intergrated for a while.

I'm glad to see this is what you're looking for! .

Does anyone else have any ideas, suggestions, comments, etc?

Hello:

It looks like a good start, what I would suggest to make this useful for Dedicated/Co-Location providers is the following....

*Quota/Profile Based System, when adding a new user you can allocate the X amount of IPs to request. When needed they are able to request these IPs and they get assigned from the "Available" Pool.

*Justifcation section which requires them to enter in the use of the IP, and maybe even a reminder system if they requested 32 IPS and have not justified them an e-mail on a regular basis letting them know this is require to keep the IP addresses.

*The ability when deleting a user to return all IPs to the "Available" Pool.

*The ability when a user needs more IPs that an e-mail is sent to the administrator for approval.

*An open API so it can be tied into other system easily.

*An Administrative report that produces just number as % justified, number of free IPs available,

Those are just a couple of my thoughts!

Aaron
    Aaron Phillips
    Chief Marketing Officer
    www.monarx.com

Great Ideas - I will go ahead and compile it all together .

How about some input validation?
    I was able to add a completely blank IP address with no net-mask etc. and it accepted it. It's a good start, I look forward to seeing future versions.
    Morgan Harvey
    SitePanel3.com - newly updated enterprise-level help desk system that won't break the bank!

yea - that is something we are also working on . Just right now the main focus is security, speed, and usability. Adding moule by module .

Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone!

Hey this is a nice start!

Ive just started work on ipman for hosting companies.

Its a lot more basic, it lets you paste a list of IP's into the program.. the you can allocate each IP out to different usernames.

So it looks after which IP's belong to which servers.. and which IP's belong to which customers. .. I could do with some help from you
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Sure just let me know what you need help with, and i'll see what I can do .

The system now features a more stronger security system when the user stays idle in activity for x seconds he is prompted to re-auth.

Another nice feature would be to add the default gateway when adding new blocks.