hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Computers and Peripherals : Mobile and Handheld Devices : Just got the Sony SmartWatch

Forum Jump

Just got the Sony SmartWatch

Reply Post New Thread In Mobile and Handheld Devices Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Technical Nutcase

Just got the Sony SmartWatch

I want to announce that I have added another Android Device to my collection. The Sony SmartWatch, so far I like it.

The only bad thing (IMHO) was the watchband, the great thing is that it comes with a mount to add your own watchband. I will write a more detailed review in a few days

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Nice ! I was reading some reviews in Amazon and they where mostly bad. Im also interested on this device.

Do you own a Sony phone?

Does your connection drop every 10 minutes like people report it?

I guess they will fix this with future updates or maybe it just works great with Sony phone.

If you can further comment on your experience it will be great.

Old
Technical Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibb View Post
Nice ! I was reading some reviews in Amazon and they where mostly bad. Im also interested on this device.

Do you own a Sony phone?

Does your connection drop every 10 minutes like people report it?

I guess they will fix this with future updates or maybe it just works great with Sony phone.

If you can further comment on your experience it will be great.
Hello,
So far, the only bad thing I can say is that it has a lack of integration with the android core system. I would like to be able to see all notifications from my phone rather then if there is an application for it..

There are also only a handful of applications for it. Sony claims over 60 but the number is ~20. I know this will change as more developers start targeting it.

No, I dont have a Sony phone, I really am partial to HTC Phones because they are more developer friendly. The phone I am using to test is the HTC EVO 3D (CDMA) on Sprint. I am also running a custom build of Cyanogenmod 9 (ICS).

I have had a few connection drops but unlike its predecessor (the Sony LiveView), they were barely noticeable and for the most part reconnected seamlessly. I do feel that it will get better with software updates. Unlike the old LiveView, the watch does not need to be connected to the computer to do a firmware update but is actually flashed OTA via the bluetooth connection of the phone.

Today is my first real world test, I was home most of the weekend but today I am at the office.

Sponsored Links