Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Which Brand Laptops are Good??

Which Brand of Laptops I will go through? Because i want to buy.

Most laptops and computers are made by the same manufacturers. So they're all about the same. I'm partial to HP's designs over say Dell as far as that goes. But overall there is not much difference in build quality. The real difference comes down to which brand offers the warranty and features you are looking for. Some brands demand a higher quality with respect to the components. But again, for the most part they are generally the same on most models.

I would have to agree with Mike. Most laptops are made from the same manufacturers. Just found one with a good warranty. I have a HP laptop that power apt started to act up right after my warrenty ran out. But, I have another HP laptop touchscreen that seems to be working good. So I would say HP, Dell, and Gateway have some of the best laptops.

Personally, HP. IBM used to be decent until the Lenovo buyout and since then the build quality is poor.

No experience with Dell for about 6+ years so can't comment.
    Hyperconfused (™)

I would go for Toshiba anytime or Dell. IF you can afford a big budget, get MACbook.
    HP-> Only looks good but overall is a pure crap. 4 notebook, average lifetime 2.5 mo.
    - Nexus Bytes LLC- Ryzen powered NVME VPS and web hosting, packed with perks and love!
    - Entry Bytes - Affordable VPS Cheap quality
    - USA (NYC | Miami | LA) | Europe (London, UK | Naaldwijk, NL) | Asia Pacific (Singapore | Japan | Australia)

I've had good experience with Samsung Netbooks and laptops, always well made and the included software for power management / webcam etc has always been pretty good too.

If it's for business use, then go Dell. Consider the dell outlet, you can often get some unbelievable deals on there and if you are lucky many include a 3 year next day onsite warranty as well.

All the notebooks (both Gaming and General Purpose/Use) were ASUS branded. They serve me well and they have a good warranty behind them.

I've had terrible, multiple experiences with HP/Compaq laptops, avoid them if you can. A lot of keyboard, cheap parts, and overheating issues. Sony Vaio is a great line. As is Lenovo/IBM, Samsung, even Toshiba.

My laptop was Compaq, it had many problems like LCD broken, cracked case, overheating.
    I don't use laptop anymore since.

I read a reliability benchmark long ago which says ASUS is the most reliable.

For All. I advice and recommend ASUS the best and most reliable with free special features dedicated for ASUS.

asus

my laptop asus a43s with 6 GB memory with ice cool technology,
    - do it your self.

Lenovo and Dell business models are pretty solid. That said, my wife's Lenovo (not sure on model), has fallen from about 1 - 1.5ft many times, and still going strong.

I was surprised to hear that laptops are pretty much generic with a manufacturer's label on the case. As far as reliability goes, every poll or article will tell you something different. That was my experience anyway. I had a dell that lasted about five years before I got rid of it. I have 2 Gateways now. I've been happy with all of them. The batteries suck, though. I use them as desktop replacements so I don't mind much.
    Hosting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

dell is much better then Toshiba - I personally use Dell - Inspiron 1525

Samsung

samsung are very good

Now a days dell laptop is very good.I prefer you can buy dell laptop.

Go for Lenovo - Thinkpad if you want the best.
    http://www.nxwebspace.com - Shared, Reseller and VPS Hosting.

Dell, but on the real dude.. I have an trusty Acer. 64 bit, a lot of memory, good quality,sexy exterior. Don't sleep on Acer! If you just need your laptop for business/productivity get a good priced laptop.

I like sony. I feel this is an opinionated question, but i have always has good results with sony. I have had toshibas and they didnt last too long. The ac jack went out in both.

Acer and Asus are pretty good!
    Mike Zyla - Voicent Communications - VoIP Expert
    VoIP software provider in call center software, IVR, predictive dialer, autodialer, etc.
    Communication tools for sales, marketing, customer service, event notification, appointment reminder, and much more!
    Suites for small businesses, call centers, and enterprises.

It really depends on what you are uaing it for.

I personally enjoy HP laptops. There are also companies like Alien Ware that make high end gaming laptops.
    Phil - Writer for a Mobile Application Development Company

My 4 year old lenovo Y series laptop still going strong without any issues. The sony laptop which I bought recently needed replacement of both hard disk and RAM in just 6 months (replaced under warranty though). May be I am a bit unlucky

I have a macbook pro, absolutely love it. I'm certainly not an average "mac fanboy" if thats what your thinking, I've been through many PC desktops and laptops alike. The macbook just simply outlasts most other laptops (battery life) and I generally like the build quality of it. Yeah, its expensive, but most good things are.

In the end, its going to come down to what you want to do with it, and how much you're willing to spend. If I was a hardcore gamer, I probably wouldnt go for an apple product, but rather a highend gaming laptop with a ton of video RAM.
    Frank Laszlo - Developer
    Franksworld Solutions, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLaszlo View Post

In the end, its going to come down to what you want to do with it, and how much you're willing to spend. If I was a hardcore gamer, I probably wouldnt go for an apple product, but rather a highend gaming laptop with a ton of video RAM.
    And you would have still paid less. (J/K)

In truth, I have been relying less on my laptop lately in favor of by ASUS Transformer with Keyboard Dock. It is technically an Android Tablet with many laptop abilities. Most of the things I do are web based and the browser works quite well. There are also many tools that I commonly use on my laptop (SSH Client/SCP Client) that are also available for Android.

Dont get me wrong, it is not a full time replacement to my workhorse of a laptop but the 16 hour batter life puts it into a league of its own.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast