Wordpress Widget Menu Issue

I all, this isn't really a programming issue, but I guess there isn't a 'help a dumb guy' forum available here so this is the closest I can find. I am trying to create a custom menu and I am using woocommerce. What I want to do is only have one menu tab for this shop called 'shop' then all other pages as a sub menu. Like this...

Home Page
    Shop
    - Cart
    - Check Out
    Contact

However, when I do this and use the custom links option it doesn't work. Without the custom link it looks at webaddress.com/shop/cart but I need it to look at webaddress.com/cart/. I assume I should be able to use the custom link to set it up to point to webaddress.com/cart/, and when I do set this up and put my mouse over the sub menu (without clicking) I see the address webaddress.com/cart/ appear on the lower left of the chrome browser. When I click on the link though it takes me to webaddress.com/shop/cart/. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
    WKD Banners | Make the most of your advertising!
    Designing banners since 2004 | Visit our Website www.wkdbanners.com

Sorry, not without more code, preferably a live example. Do you have that?

Quote Originally Posted by lochie View Post
    I all, this isn't really a programming issue, but I guess there isn't a 'help a dumb guy' forum available here so this is the closest I can find. I am trying to create a custom menu and I am using woocommerce. What I want to do is only have one menu tab for this shop called 'shop' then all other pages as a sub menu. Like this...

Home Page
    Shop
    - Cart
    - Check Out
    Contact

However, when I do this and use the custom links option it doesn't work. Without the custom link it looks at webaddress.com/shop/cart but I need it to look at webaddress.com/cart/. I assume I should be able to use the custom link to set it up to point to webaddress.com/cart/, and when I do set this up and put my mouse over the sub menu (without clicking) I see the address webaddress.com/cart/ appear on the lower left of the chrome browser. When I click on the link though it takes me to webaddress.com/shop/cart/. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
    Hi lochie,

A live example would help, however I think I understand what you are asking. The custom links option within the Appearance>Menus screen is meant to create links that are not necessarily pages within your Wordpress install.

It is not meant to allow you to alter the actual physical link as it displays in the lower left of your browser. If you want the link to display as domain.com/cart but direct to domain.com/shop/cart this will be something you may need to do within your .htaccess.
    Gabe
    Go Daddy® Hosting Ambassador
    GoDaddy.com