Bank Transfer Merchant

Does anyone know a good merchant for bank transfers that integrates with WHMCS?
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

If you find one please post back as we're looking for the same thing.
    Scott M. | RDS//Hosting
    Business Web Hosting Solutions Since 2004
    Personal, Semi-Dedicated Business, DirectAdmin Reseller Accounts
    http://www.rdshosting.net | PH. 1.877.442.7674

What do you mean by "bank transfer" there's a few:

ACH
    Direct Debit
    Old Fashion Wire transfer

ACH is cheaper to process but *could* take longer to clear.

You can find direct debit providers around 1% but it depends on your country.

The old fashion bank to bank transfers I don't think can be completely automated... though I am not sure.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

authorize.net (mostly credit cards) also offers this as add-on service, and CDG Commerce also does the same.

We tried this until two years ago, then gave up on it, as there was an amazing number of fraud with those bank transfers (direct deposit), and whatever anti-fraud tools worked with credit cards did not work here. Almost everyone having a bank account also has a debit card with (mostly) Mastercard functionality on it, so there should not really be much of a need for this at all.

Best,
    John
    Serving the U.S. and Europe ••• BASIC Networks Corp.
    VPS • Dedicated Servers • Racks
    Hosting & Reseller Hosting
    eNom Domain Registration Reseller • WHMCS Domain Reseller Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnn View Post
    authorize.net (mostly credit cards) also offers this as add-on service, and CDG Commerce also does the same.

We tried this until two years ago, then gave up on it, as there was an amazing number of fraud with those bank transfers (direct deposit), and whatever anti-fraud tools worked with credit cards did not work here. Almost everyone having a bank account also has a debit card with (mostly) Mastercard functionality on it, so there should not really be much of a need for this at all.

Best,
    John
    Thank you for your input
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

[...]so there should not really be much of a need for this at all.
    Its kind a funny that after many years of no one asking about checks, I've had a few customers and sale leads asking about this -- even a major company that bought a customer of ours couldn't do credit card and could only pay via check. I am thinking people want to get away from credit card usages and those that have asked about checks don't have a bank account that have such features or for some other reason.

Does the authorize.net integration in WHMCS work with echeck options they have?

EDIT: http://docs.whmcs.com/Authorize.net -- they have a module for that. And they have a CIM module to store card info on auth.net servers.
    Last edited by steven99; 04-08-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    -Steven | Cooini, LLC
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

>> EDIT: http://docs.whmcs.com/Authorize.net -- they have a
    >> module for that. And they have a CIM module to store card
    >> info on auth.net servers.

You do not need that if you use WHMCS, as far as I recall. WHMCS will take care of that.

John

You do not need that if you use WHMCS, as far as I recall. WHMCS will take care of that.
    I presume you mean the CIM module? The CIM module will store customer information, including the card information, on authorize.net's secure servers that are fully PCI compliant. This reduces requirements for PCI compliance as the card information is not stored on your own server. That may reduce damages/fines, if any, if card information is leaked. With that said though, you're putting card info on a massive storage system that could be hacked (like Global Payments). So, pros and cons, pros and cons.
    -Steven | Cooini, LLC
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Steven, no, that is not what I meant. You are not talking about credit cards here, so we do not talk about the CIM module ... that is changing the topic.

To clarify: when you go to the Authorize.Net control panel, to Accounts, and then "Merchant Profile" -- here you can enable (for a fee!, and I believe you have to fill in some forms also and sign an agreement), the "eCheck.Net" add-on ... that's under section Payment Methods. When you said that they have a module for that I was referring to a possible module that Authorize.Net has for this add-on service ... I actually forgot the details in the meantime. But same as with recurring payments you can use Authorize.Net without another gateway such as WHMCS to do that ... *but* if you use WHMCS there is no need to use that. That is what I was trying to say. WHMCS will work with this add-on service if you already work with authorize.net anyway (in WHMCS).

John
    Last edited by Johnn; 04-08-2012 at 11:17 PM.

that is changing the topic.
    Didn't mean to change the topic as I was confused on what you meant because...
    [...]I actually forgot the details in the meantime. But same as with recurring payments you can use Authorize.Net without another gateway such as WHMCS to do that ...[...]
    WHMCS isn't a gateway though, it is a billing system that connects to gateways and other services. Authorize.net's echeck option has to use its own API or at least different API calls then the cards (I don't recall if AIM has that and to tired to check). Thus, it needs a module in a billing system, and thus the confusion on why I thought you meant CIM as the echeck is a module that WHMCS has on their site that I linked to and thus isn't built-in to their standard auth.net module.

Anyhow, I think we answered the OPs question: authorize.net with echeck with WHMCS authorize.net echeck module as linked to before.
    -Steven | Cooini, LLC