Urgently need suggestion of dedicated server

Hi all, finally i have had enough of my current server and i need to move out from noc24 (previously north tx connect and sharedlayer)

My server is down now without notice and no response from them either.

Havent been keeping myself updated about the latest dedicated offers and review, so i would be glad if you could suggest me a good server based in US

My current server is a q6600, 1000gb hdd, 4g ram with 5tb of bandwidth. For 94.99/month

Im looking for similar price or cheaper price, and would like to maybe downgrade to an Atom to see how it goes (it seems that i underutilized my quad core server)

I prefer a semi-managed server, most of my tickets are usually during setup or when server is down. I had opened only 5 tickets last year. I can monitor my server myself.

And would be glad if the new company can provide migration, i have a rsync backup of my server at webbycart.

Thank you in advance!

Take a look at the dedicated server offers here in WHT. You might probably find a good deal.

But, just wondering, how many times you contacted noc24?

Definitely check out the offers section. I'm sure you can find quite a bit within your budget, and you may even be able to get away with unmanaged, aside from the initial migration. Find a couple offers you like, give the providers a call, and ask them some questions about the level of support they offer. You may find that the minimal support typically provided with unmanaged hosts would suit you just fine (i.e. network and hardware).

Best of luck!

Offer section will be the best place for you to hunt your next provider.

Its good to see that you have offsite backups, have you tried reaching your current provider by phone to see whats going on?

Here a good advice, before you rent a dedicated server check all the informations of the company, if you can even make a call for them and colect all informations.

Here in WHT forums you will be able to find good companies.

My server is down for whole 12 hours now and without any reply from them ..

I did browse the offer section but there are alot of providers that are unknown to me, maybe i did not keep in touch with the hosting industry for far too long.

My current server is cpanel and based in texas btw

Quote Originally Posted by aRxS View Post
    My server is down for whole 12 hours now and without any reply from them ..

I did browse the offer section but there are alot of providers that are unknown to me, maybe i did not keep in touch with the hosting industry for far too long.
    Please tell us what are the applications you run from your dedicated server and whats your budget.

Offer section is your way to go.
    If you are unsure whether you can trust a company or not - read some reviews on them here, or Google "companyname review", etc.
    cPanel license alone is ~$20-$30, however for your budget you should still find some decent deals.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperFilter View Post
    Please tell us what are the applications you run from your dedicated server and whats your budget.
    I have around 10 websites on the server .. And mostly are wordpress site and a small image hosting sites. My q6600 server is running on 0.1 or 0.2 most of the time

My budget is around 100/month with cpanel included

I have around 10 websites on the server .. And mostly are wordpress site and a small image hosting sites. My q6600 server is running on 0.1 or 0.2 most of the time

Then I think that even a lower-end dual core server will be more than enough for you, if you are not thinking about a big expansion soon enough.

For only 10 Websites you can find out a lower-end dedicated server or even a cloud can handle it.

Have you tried to look at Advertising Forums? You will find good offers there for sure.

Coming to think about it, I think that maybe VPS would be a better solution.
    Often higher-end VPS turn out being better than low-end dedicated servers.
    He should be able to get a decent VPS for that or lower price with good features from a reliable provider along with cPanel and other lasers.

I used to have some large websites on the server, but now the server seems underutilized.

Ive heard that the current Atom is powerful, not sure if i could give it a try. During some peak time, my q6000 server will run on 4+, but nornally just 0.1, 0.2

I prefer own dedicated compared to cloud, as i want to have root access from time to time

Depends which Atom model you are speaking of, the older Atom 330 or D5XX are slow, you will get better specs with a VPS, you will also have root access then.
    Getting a good XEN based VPS should be a perfect solution for You, don't go with OpenVZ virtualization though.

I used to have some large websites on the server, but now the server seems underutilized.

Ive heard that the current Atom is powerful, not sure if i could give it a try. During some peak time, my q6000 server will run on 4+, but nornally just 0.1, 0.2

I prefer own dedicated compared to cloud, as i want to have root access from time to time
    Well with a cloud you will have full root access too.

A very good company for dedicated servers is softlayer, they have lower-end and higher-end server with good prices.

If you go for dedicated get a Single Processor Xeon, it will handle your websites without any problem, just make sure to get something with 4GB.

I always have some fear when using vps. Fear about sharing the hardware would sometimes affect my sites, and i had a bad vps experience - sometime the host just suspend you when the server cant cope with the sudden traffic / request spike ..

Well with a cloud you will have full root access too.

A very good company for dedicated servers is softlayer, they have lower-end and higher-end server with good prices.

If you go for dedicated get a Single Processor Xeon, it will handle your websites without any problem, just make sure to get something with 4GB.
    Yea, i used softlayer before, and they are good. But i think their pricing is abit on the high side, isn't it? And they are very strict on the content, i used to have file hosting sites on their network and there were a lot of problems.

So you simply have to calculate which will suit you better.
    Once you made the choice, seek for a provider but remember to read about them before going with their offer right away.

Offers (sometimes) divert your main attention, so better to check:
    1. T&A thoroughly
    2. Support Team's response (not to end up again 12 hour no action )
    3. Repu of the Provider here at WHT

Good luck in your final option...

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Take a look at the dedicated server offers here in WHT.
    Mentioned early in the thread, and just once, usually not a problem.
    The rest of these is why signatures have been disabled in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjwaldorf View Post
    Definitely check out the offers section.
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberLinux View Post
    Offer section will be the best place for you to hunt your next provider.
    Here in WHT forums you will be able to find good companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leriss View Post
    Offer section is your way to go.
    Have you tried to look at Advertising Forums? You will find good offers there for sure.

Couldnt find any deals in advertisement forum

Looking for around 100/month with cpanel included.

@bear... Epic.

Please take a look at fdc and burstnet for that budget.
    For administration, you can find some cheap 3rd party management. Contact cd/home ( Damian) here in wht.