Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anybody having problems with InnoHosting?

Lately, I have been having a lot of problems with InnoHosting. Anyone else experiencing this?

Mainly it has been with their support. On one ticket in particular it has been an ongoing battle that will not end even though I have proven the issue is on the server side. They defaulted to the common "user error" defense and are sticking to it even though I have proven it wrong.

I am not going into detail about the actual issue out of respect for InnoHosting. I am just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this lately because, up to this point, I have been extremely pleased with the support.
    Hostasis
    Coming Soon
      0 Not allowed!

Why dont you contact him via phone and ask to speak with Rameen? He is VERY active in the forum and he takes his business serious I am sure he will help you!
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hostasis View Post
    Lately, I have been having a lot of problems with InnoHosting. Anyone else experiencing this?

Mainly it has been with their support. On one ticket in particular it has been an ongoing battle that will not end even though I have proven the issue is on the server side. They defaulted to the common "user error" defense and are sticking to it even though I have proven it wrong.

I am not going into detail about the actual issue out of respect for InnoHosting. I am just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this lately because, up to this point, I have been extremely pleased with the support.
    Hi,

Depends on what the issue is. We typically avoid saying anything is a user error until we have done sufficient investigation and are confident that it is a user problem.

With how many tickets are you actually experiencing issues with?

But PM me your ticket number(s) and I'd be happy to look into it further for you
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you Rameen. I have requested you take care of my ticket, but it was never transferred.

I will send PM now.
    Hostasis
    Coming Soon
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you Rameen. I have requested you take care of my ticket, but it was never transferred.

I will send PM now.
    Thanks. However you only provided 1 ticket number. You mentioned you are having 'a lot of problems'. I would be eager to have the ticket numbers in regards all the problems you are having lately.
      0 Not allowed!

As stated in the first post, the main problem has been with one ticket.

I have been having other issues as well, but have figured most of them out myself (I prefer to investigate before submitting a ticket).
    Hostasis
    Coming Soon
      0 Not allowed!

Hope everything will be sorted out then
      0 Not allowed!

As usual, Rameen is working to get this solved quickly!

Props to Rameen and InnoHosting!
    Hostasis
    Coming Soon
      0 Not allowed!

As usual, Rameen is working to get this solved quickly!

Props to Rameen and InnoHosting!
    So what was the verdict? Was it an issue on your side or theirs?
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee
      0 Not allowed!

It was an issue with Varnish messing up the caches within Drupal. I am a Drupal developer by trade, so this was extremely bothersome. Rameen turned it off on one account, and it is now working. I now have to turn it all off on all the accounts cPanel's and they will all presumably work.

So, I guess technically, it was on server side and not user error.. although, the user (me) could have fixed it as well.. So I will give it a wash.
    Hostasis
    Coming Soon
      0 Not allowed!

It was an issue with Varnish messing up the caches within Drupal. I am a Drupal developer by trade, so this was extremely bothersome. Rameen turned it off on one account, and it is now working. I now have to turn it all off on all the accounts cPanel's and they will all presumably work.

So, I guess technically, it was on server side and not user error.. although, the user (me) could have fixed it as well.. So I will give it a wash.
    Common problem, this is why its always best for the web hosting company to educate their users about Varnish and how it can negatively effect their websites (especially those that are dynamic). With that being said, its great that your web hosting company is utilizing Varnish (even if your site is not using it directly), any shared server utilizing Varnish will notice an increase in performance.

PS. Im not aware of any available plugins that would have made it possible for you to disable Varnish from your end, that is generally something that has to be done at the root level (however I could be wrong). Anyway, thanks for the satisfying my curiosity, glad you were able to get everything resolved

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee
      0 Not allowed!

We have a few clients who run news-paper type websites and they had exactly the same issue. I think it could have been solved earlier if the issue was explained properly.
    Anyway, glad to see things worked out pretty well.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    PS. Im not aware of any available plugins that would have made it possible for you to disable Varnish from your end, that is generally something that has to be done at the root level (however I could be wrong). Anyway, thanks for the satisfying my curiosity, glad you were able to get everything resolved
    We do a lot of development in house. We have our own cPanel plugin which allows customers to turn Varnish on/off on their own accounts
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    We do a lot of development in house. We have our own cPanel plugin which allows customers to turn Varnish on/off on their own accounts
    Thats one thing which makes you different is that you do alot of in-house development
      0 Not allowed!

Awesome, I bet that must come in handy. We've been looking for something similar ourselves (without having to actually develop it ourselves).

0 Not allowed!

That is very good as most web designers/developers can't stand the lag caused by varnish caching.

Do you have varnish caching turned off by default?
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    That is very good as most web designers/developers can't stand the lag caused by varnish caching.

Do you have varnish caching turned off by default?
    It's on by default. If we keep it off by default then I think the level of usage will be too low for it to have a decent impact.

We developed the plugin because our advice to customers is to leave it on if possible. By having the plugin, the customer can turn it on/off as they please without having to contact support.
      0 Not allowed!

Their support is hit and miss I have not been with them long but I am really upset with a response I received from them today. I had given them my ssl certificate information on 4/5 so it could be installed. As of yesterday 4/9 it had not been installed and I had not heard anything so i asked when it might be completed. As of this morning still nothing so I asked if there was a problem. Still nothing so I created a new ticket letting them know I had no response for 5 days and I need this installed. Then I get this back "There is currently no free IP addresses available on the server. The techs in your previous ticket are working to add the IP address and install the cert. Please do not post multiple responses to the ticket as it slows down the response times that you receive." This really upsets me because if they would have bothered to let me know what was going on then I wouldn't have had to reply twice trying to get an answer!
      0 Not allowed!

To answer the original OPs question, yes I have been having problems with Innohosting lately, (and Ive only been with them a couple of days)!
    Support is my problem, having signed up for a reseller account after reading thier thread on this forum. The deal sounded great, so I signed up.
    Ive raised 2 tickets so far. The first took over 6 hours for a response. Was it a complex issue? No, I just wanted them to allocate me the WHMCS licence so I could get on with building a site.
    Second ticket took over 7 hours for a response. Did they resolve the issue? No. 7 hours to respond with Can you please provide the URL you are having trouble with'? Information that was already supplied. As you can see, if I go back and forth with basic information like this with 7 hour gaps in between, it could be several days before a simple query gets resolved.
    I hear you saying 'just call thier support number'. Ah yes, the support number. 1 slight prblem there, when you call them they will not deal with any issues beyond the most basic 'what is a web host' type query. They say this is due to security issues. They have to raise a ticket to protect account security. My previous two hosts goDaddy and Eukhost didnt have such security problems.
    Finally the LiveChat. Yesterday I tried a session. 45 minutes later I hadnt even got a Hello, just 'Our operators are helping other people' etc. The previous night I tried LiveChat and at least got connected. Someone said Hello, how may I help and then disappeared for 15 minutes....!!!?? A full 15 minutes of just sitting there wondering have I made the right hosting choice
    2 days into my Innohosting experience, I am going to cancel, otherwise my blood pressure might just reach a new world record.
    My honest advice is dont buy hosting with Inno if you need anything approaching reasonble support.
    Im cancelling today.
      0 Not allowed!

Looks like I will be right with you cancelling. I choose Innohosting because of all the good reviews on here but seriously it's been 6 days now waiting on them to get me a dedicated ip and install the ssl certificate. I paid a year in advance for the ip. I tried their support number and get a voicemail. If they don't have this taken care of by the end of the day i will be cancelling and requesting a full refund on my ip payment since they were unable to provide one.
      0 Not allowed!

RSCWH,
    I decided to give thier LiveChat one last try after I posted here this morning.
    This was my last test to see if it was worth staying with InnoHosting. They failed. Thier 'Support' agent said that to get an answer to my simple question about addon domains in Cpanel, that he could not answer. I would have to raise a support ticket.
    Anyone thinking about signing up with Innohosting should understand that thier 'phone support' and 'livechat' are basically coinceirge type offerings with no real substance. They cannot/will not deal with real support issues. They simply tell you to raise a support ticket. My problem with thier support tickets is that with 6 & 7 hour gaps in between responses, a deadly simple support request could be dragged out over many days.
    Its like the most irritating conversation ever. You say something at 9am this morning, they answer you back at 3pm, you respond and dont hear back till bedtime!!
    So, to sum it up, Ive left Innohosting after less than 48 hours!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jospehk777 View Post
    RSCWH,
    I decided to give thier LiveChat one last try after I posted here this morning.
    This was my last test to see if it was worth staying with InnoHosting. They failed. Thier 'Support' agent said that to get an answer to my simple question about addon domains in Cpanel, that he could not answer. I would have to raise a support ticket.
    Anyone thinking about signing up with Innohosting should understand that thier 'phone support' and 'livechat' are basically coinceirge type offerings with no real substance. They cannot/will not deal with real support issues. They simply tell you to raise a support ticket. My problem with thier support tickets is that with 6 & 7 hour gaps in between responses, a deadly simple support request could be dragged out over many days.
    Its like the most irritating conversation ever. You say something at 9am this morning, they answer you back at 3pm, you respond and dont hear back till bedtime!!
    So, to sum it up, Ive left Innohosting after less than 48 hours!
    I agree here.

I also did face few problems with InnoHosting..

1. their cPanel licenses are not activated on time. Clients who depend only on WebMail are stuck as they cannot access any mail! This went on over 24hrs at one time. But they stick that server was up and running..(which is anyway true but we have a proverb - pickle is there but not there with food!) This was serious problem because of 4-5 months continuously.

2. Had couple of support issues.. reporting sites are down few times delay in updating tickets & moving tickets around.

3. Live chat support is really pathetic though!

after repeated feedback to Rameen, offered me 2months credit. Fortunately didn't take it and had to move on as i didnt get any reply on billing related ticket, i moved to different provider.

Overall though was between disappointment to satisfactory except few issues...
      0 Not allowed!

I wish I would have seen more of these facts before I signed up. I tried phone again to no avail and then tried live support with no response other than the automated "All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly." Every 2 minutes. Funny thing is I was looking at another hosting company when I choose these guys and I went to their site today to ask some questions and had a live operator in less than 2 minutes who answered everything promptly. I guess I thought this was a great deal with all the extras they give but if they cannot do what they promise then they are nothing. I am heading back to the site now to leave a feedback ticket and submit my cancellation. I know I said the end of the day but that was before I was ignored on chat and telephone.
      0 Not allowed!

Remember you have cancellation charges as well there! Please check with them. In my case i had asked them for monthly billing but since i didn't get response for days, so decided to move to different host so that there was no auto suspension!(ofcourse i had sent a cancellation on same due day). I was told to pay reduced cancellation charges, i paid and got out of this..
      0 Not allowed!

Very funny I just submitted feedback on the site letting them know what i thought about all of this and that I was cancelling and surprise surprise within 2 minutes I get an email saying my ip and certificate are ready. Is this to say they only help if you want to cancel?

I am within my moneyback guarantee time so there shouldn't be any charges to me for cancellation should there? Did I miss something in the fine print?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast