hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Industry Announcements : Providers and Network Outages and Updates : nexpoint service down?

Forum Jump

nexpoint service down?

Reply Post New Thread In Providers and Network Outages and Updates Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Display Modes
Old

Nexpoint Down ?

Is anybody else having problems with Nexpoint? Our server is down and we can't even reach http://www.nexpoint.net to put in a ticket.

They don't seem to even have telephone support from 9 PM to 8 AM.

Sponsored Links
Old

yup, same problem here.

Old

nexpoint service down?

been having issues with our website for about 5+hrs at this point. Tracert indicates trouble at the same spot as a fellow mentioned on a 2009 downtime thread (verio.net~), and as per some of the more recent threads both their phone service and emails seem to be out. Any news on whereabouts of this?

Sponsored Links
Old

I am wondering the same thing

No phone number, no response to my support ticket. This is crushing my business right now. No phone number even when I did a whois search. Frustrating.

Old

phone

I am trying their local number -
Nexpoint Technologies Incorporated

* (540) 442-9499
* nexpoint.net

310 Neff Ave, Harrisonburg, VA 22801

But no answer...

Old

follow up

So, my website was down yesterday from about 8 AM until about 11 PM, then up overnight from 11 PM yesterday until about 6 or 7 AM today. It is down again now.

I have called, sent emails, and opened tickets on their support page online. If anyone can help me get in touch with nexpoint that would be awesome!

Old

Nexpoint worst ever

I too have a similar problem.. Actually I am trying to change hosts from NexPoint to HostGator (which is awesome by the way 24/7 tech support by phone/live chat). But the problem is when I tried to change my domain name to the HostGato. They said that they needed permission from the company that my domain is registered with (which HostGator indicated it was not Nexpoint) I called the company to change my domain to point to HostGator and they said that NextPoint doesn't have me as the owner of my own domain that I would have to contact Nexpoint so Nexpoint can update the account and have me as the owner.. but the problem is that I cannot get a hold of Nexpoint...I too tried email, ticket support, faxes, letters, I might even show up in their office one of this days.. It was suggested also that I could report abuse of my domain and that will shut down my site and prompt Nexpoint to call them up and update the account to list me as the owner of my domain.. but the way things have been going... I am afraid that I will just end up with my website shutdown indefinitely... Anyone has any suggestion..

Old

nexpoint problems

I am in the same boat as you guys - after learning that Nexpoint is basically out of business I am moving to Host Gator - which I love as well by the way. The problem is Nexpoint controls the DNS settings and it is in their name. Nexpoint is not responding to any e-mails and the phones are off - these guys have checked out. How do I re-gain control of my URL? Can anyone recommend a lawyer to hire that specializes in these cases?

Old

No email... any help??

I'm having similar problems as have been reported. My email service with Nexpoint is down. I'll transfer my domain, but they're listed as the admin contact.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to transfer away from Nexpoint, if in fact they are out of business?

This isn't good.

Old

Angry Nexpoint office in NJ is close

Wow! I see I'm not the only one. I'm having the same problem.
Unable to access my emails and my website is down for the last week. After many calls ( all the #'s are disconnected)open tickets and emails without answers. I decide to go in person to their office in 777 Terrace Ave,NJ and to my surprise is EMPTY! A woman on the next office told me that they move to Englewood,NJ but she didn't know where exactly. This doesn't look good! Please let me know if anybody have more info. I'm loosing a lot of business!!!

Old

Transfering your website to a new host

You'll all need to contact domain.com who is the actual registrar that Nexpoint uses to register domain names. Explain to them that Nexpoint disappeared and you'd like to take ownership of your domain name(s). If you have your FTP details then you should be able to transfer your website to a new host. But if you're like me and have a MSSQL database then there's no way to transfer the database unless you hire someone to write a script using your connection string within your website to create a MySQL database and then you can transfer that over.

If anyone starts a class action law suit, please let me know here. Nexpoint could have at least warned us they were going out of business and they just left us hanging. Good luck everyone.

Old

I's sure like to be able to download my latest page updates, but that's not possible without access to the server. Any ideas? (The nexpoint main page is now a "for sale" sign ...

Old

f100rob - You're going to the wrong nexpoint, probably nexpoint.com. The nexpoint hosting company is at nexpoint.net and it's still up and running but there appears to be no one managing it. I have four websites with them, one on a shared windows server and three on a windows VPS server, and they're all still working. I'm not having any trouble connecting by FTP to either server. Is your website still up? If it is then you should be able to connect by FTP and download your website. Try intalling "filezilla" a free FTP program but you'll need to know your FTP login and password. I wouldn't recommend uploading any updates to your website because you should be looking for a new hosting company at this point in my opinion.

Old

Nexpoint -

I have had a dedicated server with nexpoint for about 7 yrs. Up until the end of May everything was fine, then on Jun 5 the server went down.
Despite repeated attempts by email, support tickets, telephone (disabled), and even fax, the server is still down.

We even paid for a back up service to another server, but even that is down now. So I have all my staff manually restoring databases.

We have lost 10s of thousands of dollars in this time.

The worst thing is that we asked nexpoint to register domains from us and I have just got off the phone with domain.com and they are waiting for legal analysis from ICANN before doing anything. They are aware of the issue, but they have their hands tied as nexpoint registered themselves as the owners of the domains.

According to domain.com nexpoint has told them that they are still in business, and have a backlog of emails.

This is really screwing with my head.

Moral of the story is to register the domain directly with register. A mistake I won't make again.

Old

Here's what needs to be done to get your domain name back. You must file a complaint with ICANN (icann.org). You can go to their webpage here: icann.org/en/contact and scroll down to where it says "click here to fill in the complaint form" or you can go directly to the complaint form at this webpage here: reports.internic.net/cgi/registrars/problem-report.cgi

We need to all complain about this so that ICANN will force domain.com to transfer ownership of our domains back to us. Without ICANN's accreditation, domain.com would not be in business registering domain names so ICANN is the final authority we need to complain to.

Kegger - You're right about always registering a domain name directly with an accredited registrar. I remember asking Nexpoint years ago about why they were listed as the owner of my domain name on the whois search and they told me I was still the owner but they do that just to protect our privacy. Domain.com said that was not true because that's not the proper way to do an anonymous domain name registration. So there was deception on the part of Nexpoint that I didn't understand until now. Nexpoint is basically holding our domain names hostage and forcing us to stay with their webhosting service which is terrible right now.

Again, if anyone starts a class action law suit, please let me know here. Nexpoint could have at least warned us they were going out of business and they just left us hanging. Good luck everyone.

LaLes - The latest invoice I see from Nexpoint shows their address as:
492-C Cedar Lane #304
Teaneck, NJ 07666