hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : virtualmin install help

Forum Jump

virtualmin install help

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

virtualmin install help

Hello,

I have followed many guides, especially: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubzsU2hEfuw

I followed his exact steps, and got an error: /tmp directory is mounted noexec. installation cannot continue.

I know you you're supposed to edit something in the /tmp for the noexec but I don't even know the commands to access it without getting permission denied.

I have nothing of SSH commands to access certain files/edit. I followed what was needed through the process, but can someone tell me the exact commands without getting the permission denied?

I have been at this for 2 days.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by digimonrpg; 04-01-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old

All you need to do m8 is 1st make sure webmin is installed.

Then download the install.sh and upload it to your root directory

then use this command (use putty)

/bin/sh install.sh

follow the on screen functions

once its finished go to

https://yourdomain.com:10000

enter root and your password

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

It sounds like you are trying to download and run the installation script from your /tmp folder. Try running the script from a subfolder in your home directory instead. You should not modify the noexec,nosuid options set for your /tmp folder, they are set this way to improve security.

Top dollar paid for hosting companies. Please contact us...

Sponsored Links
Old

I'm confused. On the site, it states that you should not have webmin installed... I'm really confused. I tried unmount the /tmp directory, but to no avail... same error

What is M8? how would i install webmin? doesn't it comes with the virtualmin installation through install.sh?

@hostingxchange: i don't have a home directory. how would i do this? I'm just following guides. im quite new to this. sorry

This is what im doing right now: access SSH (putty), vi install.sh, copy the code's contents fro the GPL install.sh file and insert them. set the chmod to 744 and run the install.sh file using ./install.sh. Y to execute. Error: /tmp directory is mounted noexec. installation cannot continue.

Thanks

Last edited by digimonrpg; 04-01-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old

My apology for the double post, but i am unable to edit my post and don't want to misinform hostingxchange.

There is a home directory on my vz log in, but how would i accomplish what you're instructing?

thanks

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Old

thank you all

i managed to install virtualmin, but having a problem with the DNS server. it's not working.

I get this error when creating a new virtusl server: .. BIND DNS domain failed! : Failed to open /var/named/chroot/var/named/digimonrpg.info.hosts for writing : Bad file descriptor at /usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl line 1360.

Old
Temporarily Suspended

remove bind. use a record from domain panel its instant update and better then dns.

Old

Do you have a link on how to do that? I'm a newbie to virtualmin and SSH. Thanks for replying Survro!