hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : 10gi.gs gone?

Forum Jump

10gi.gs gone?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 01:28 PM

Unhappy

10gi.gs gone?

Is anyone else finding that 10gi.gs seems to have fallen off the face of the planet today. I woke up to my sites not working, and cannot get into cpanel to get backups. I am also not getting any replies from support/help @10gi.gs which is odd. I also PM'ed them here but nothing yet.

I even reached out to WiredTree which is who they appear to use as the backend and getting stonewalled there. I just need access to the files so I can put it up on a new server. Backups were suppose to be offsite also, but no access to them anymore. ARGHH!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Web Hosting Master

Looks like their DNS was recently changed and is on a parked site. One Whois site seems to suggest the domain may be up for sale too.

http://www.sedo.com/search/details.p...domain=10gi.gs

Old 03-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

Indeed .. the domain is parked - intodns.com/10gi.gs.
From time to time it's a good idea to download a full cpanel backup...

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

offsite backups are not that expensive either ... i personally can't sleep at night if i don't have everything backed up.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

My sites hosted there all disappeared about 4:30pm ish UK time, but as it was going slow before that I did manage to get backups of my databases, phew (wipes brow), I already have the files so at least I can restore them to another account. I got the parking page instead of the site as well so that's not a good sign, I was going to put in a ticket but bang goes that plan. They were alright too, pity. Another one bites the dust. Shame.

I already have other cpanel accounts I can move the most important sites to (the ones with decent traffic) but I shall be on the lookout for another reseller account now.

My honeypot caught a harvester, can yours?

Old 03-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Just to clarify - We're not gone. Working with WT to get our server back online, which was taken down without notice . Sorry for the slower reply, as WHT PMs aren't our primary support channel. We do have offsite backups and will use them for disaster recovery means.

We'll post back when everything is resolved! Thanks again for your patience!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:23 PM

Yeah, I have been using Webbycart for my backups, but the only critical site on this server chooses not to pay for backups. I still feel obligated to at least backup to the same host.

At least cloudflare has been caching the site while they are working on the server so all is still ok. Guess it is time to push hard for offsite backups with the site owner.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Everything is all set, WT replaced the failed hardware last night during an emergency maintenance and everything should be running smoothly. Apologize to everyone for the downtime.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Web Hosting Master

Glad this is resolved now.Maybe you should consider hosting your main site on a different server. This way if a server goes down,clients will still be able to communicate with you.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

My sites came back last night, about 4 hours of total downtime give or take, came back and went again a couple of times. I wasn't expecting it I must admit, the hosting had been faultless 'til then so it was a surprise. It's been fine since then and all day today so lets hope it's sorted now. I hope you'll excuse my jumping to conclusions but previous experience has colored my judgement a little. I guess there's not much you can do if the hardware fails except replace it which does take time. And it was all going so well (*touches wood*) too. Let's hope it continues to do well, I've been happy enough so far.

My honeypot caught a harvester, can yours?