WHT Mobile - Feature Requests

iNET is working on a mobile device solution and has asked that we solicit feedback from members regarding features.

What would you like to see or be able to do while browsing WHT on a mobile device?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    What would you like to see or be able to do while browsing WHT on a mobile device?
    Beable to use the PM feature and browse the board and make replys without any of the fluffy sales ads dashing around the screen

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    ... without any of the fluffy sales ads ...
    Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    Good luck with that.
    The ads would be pretty much useless on the mobile screen due to the size...

Would iNet be improving the mobile site or would it be an application (Tapatalk)?

If it's the mobile site, I have no feedbacks for it. I browse the full site on my phones.

If for an app, Tapatalk mostly has the features, to be honest (thread subscriptions, favorites, notifications). I wouldn't mind a paid app with additional options too (like XDA premium app).

As they're building it ... It won't be tapatalk. It will be a mobile site.

My wishlist is (you already have most of the items)

1) More of a seamless integration, similar theme, look and feel
    2) Signatures
    3) A view that scales well on larger screens (iPhone vs 4.5 inch Android vs iPad vs 10 inch Android)
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat

Signatures for sure and a better quote option. The rest is alright as it is.

I use the mobile edition of WHT often and I have to say, it's pretty damn awesome as is. Some features I would like to see:

1. Limit what forums are displayed. If I don't want to see the colocation forum, let me hide it. I value my screen real estate space and every pixel counts. Basically, let me pick what forums I want to display every time I open the WHT app.

2. The ability to see user profiles. See their contact info if it's set to public, see the last threads they started and/or find all of their posts if need be. Also have simple to use private messaging when viewing the profiles. The less menus to go through the better.

3. Better mobile search. Let me search through certain forums, or the entire site if need be. Even better if I can limit the search to a certain time frame, have sortable options, etc.

4. Back to the private messaging, how about when someone sends you a message it will become a notification on the mobile device? Kind of like how Twitter and Facebook works. Of course enable/disable the ability for these notifications. (Assuming this is an app and not just a mobile re-design of WHT?)

5. I love to report users who break the rules! Make sure this option is built in and maybe have a check box to categorize the infraction? You know, select spam, off-topic, or other and a text field will then display where I can whine about something.
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

I often use the mobile site a lot, I would like to see the PM feature, and be able to see signatures in threads. What Patrick suggested too is very good and would make the mobile skin better.

I would like the mobile site to include a feature to let me order a pizza, sent to my GPS coordinates.
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
    I would like the mobile site to include a feature to let me order a pizza, sent to my GPS coordinates.
    That would we so awesome

Nothing other than the already mentioned PM option.

One small error I noticed, if browsing a thread in the 'full version' on my mobile and I switch to mobile view, I get the 'thread not specified' error, and have to find the thread all over again.
    Hyperconfused (™)

Would love to see problems with PM (Already made a thread, no solution) fixed and ability to leave signatures without seeing others
    OaaS - Optimization as a Service
    Your application, Your infrastructure, Our expertise.

I quite like IP Board's mobile theme and functionality.

View thread subscriptions!

On my BlackBerry, the WAP site for that had a page where I could see my subscribed threads.

Now that I'm on android and using the iPhone theme...it's gone.
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting
    Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance with anything.
    e: sajan@parikh.io | w: sajan.io
    Give me a call at (262) 343-5973.

Bump

Is this still being developed?

The ability to search would be very useful.

Also, the error I posted before now bugs me often. It also happens when switching to normal view to look at a profile. Switch back to mobile and you get 'this user has not registered'

Right now if I switch to normal view I have to copy the URL into my clipboard, then paste it back into the address bar to get to the page I was already looking at.

Oh, and a very minor one. All emoticons default to a smiley face. It's weird seeing posts like.

'x host is a scam fraud, they hacked my site and ran over my pet cat .. *smiley face*'

Finally, trying to post this also wasn't fun. 'thread is 192 days old, please go back and check the box to acknowledge this' ... Except, no checkbox on mobile, so I've had to switch to normal. Now i'll post this, hit mobile again and bam! that pesky error will be waiting for me, ha

Signatures and user colors!

I can often tell who's who just from the sig/usercolor. But not mobile.
    I use the full skin on my iPad, because the current mobile one honestly sucks.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||