10 servers need a home!!!

Hi all, need some advice please

I am a fairly new hosting company, in business full time for the past year, less then part time for about a year before that, and and until now have had 3 dedicated servers for clients (currently hosting almost 200 clients about 20 of which are resellers that have their own 10-30 small clients). ok here is my question(s)

i just recently accuired 10 brand new 1u servers, how should i go about getting them colocated?,

send the 3 that i currently need live, or just get a 1/4 rack and get them all housed now, since i guess i am going to be now offering dedicated servers plans.

Also any advice of where i should look for a 1/4 rack upgradeable to a 1/2 or full when i acquire more servers?

never thought i would make it this far, so i am kinda clueless as to what my next move should be, im used to the old dedicated server rental deal, now im looking to make bigger moves but dont wanna get taken for a ride!!!
    http://www.intertainmentideas.com
    1-866-399-HOST
    MSN: sales@intertainmentideas.com
      0 Not allowed!

Where do you live? If your going with that many servers you might want to check around for datacenters in your area, and just rent yourself a rack there.
    Sitestash, LLC.
    Shared / Reseller / Dedicated / Colo
      0 Not allowed!

Chances are you're going to need more then 1/4 rack for 10 servers. If they're 2 post racks, you'll need shelves every few servers to help bear the load, if 4 post mounting, you shouldn't need that. Also you'll need room for your own switch and possibly masterswitch (remote power control), that'll eat another 2-4u right there (depending on the switch choosen, and whether to get enough apc ports for all 10 servers or only 8).
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com
      0 Not allowed!

I've been very happy with Marlin eSourcing- good prices, good services..
      0 Not allowed!

I've been very happy with Marlin eSourcing- good prices, good services..
    Do they have a webpage?
      0 Not allowed!

I did a google search, guessing its http://www.marliness.net/
      0 Not allowed!

marliness, is good we have some stuff with them as well. Nice DC, and good sales and support so far, been there about 2 months I think now..

EDIT: sorry I did not notice this post was over a year old..
      0 Not allowed!

Re: 10 servers need a home!!!

Originally posted by intertainmen
    Hi all, need some advice please

I am a fairly new hosting company, in business full time for the past year, less then part time for about a year before that, and and until now have had 3 dedicated servers for clients (currently hosting almost 200 clients about 20 of which are resellers that have their own 10-30 small clients). ok here is my question(s)

i just recently accuired 10 brand new 1u servers, how should i go about getting them colocated?,

send the 3 that i currently need live, or just get a 1/4 rack and get them all housed now, since i guess i am going to be now offering dedicated servers plans.

Also any advice of where i should look for a 1/4 rack upgradeable to a 1/2 or full when i acquire more servers?

never thought i would make it this far, so i am kinda clueless as to what my next move should be, im used to the old dedicated server rental deal, now im looking to make bigger moves but dont wanna get taken for a ride!!!
    I think your first bright move would be to post in the correct forum.

Colocation Forum

Second, keep an eye out on this forum, as well, for good deals to colo those servers

Colocation Offers

It only takes a few minutes to do some research.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

A year later, I hope he has a home for those boxes by now.

*closes*
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.
      0 Not allowed!