Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

50TB/Month - 1GigE Port - No DMCA

Hi all, this is my first post here in WHT. I'm looking to buy some servers with this specs:

50TB/Month BW
    1GIGe Port
    Offshore server DMCA/Copyright friendly. We have a site with user generated video (streams). We usually deal with DMCA/Copyright notice, but we cannot get our server suspended for this. We actually got scammed by Bluemile (Fast110tb)they took down 3 servers without advice as they got complaints directly to them and wouldn't let us deal with notices.

100tb.com is not an option as Softlayer is well known of taking down servers if 2 or 3 notices are escalated to them.

Thanks for your help!

I'll be the first to ask! What spec servers are you looking for? Adult content? Budget?
    Advania Thor Data Centre Iceland - www.thordc.com
    High Spec Colocation and Dedicated Servers, powered by cheap, abundant and 100% renewable energy.
    Enterprise grade hosting, ISO27001 accredited for security, and all at fantastic pricing.

brian.rae@thordc.com

Hi

When you say offshore I assume you mean anywhere that doesn't have DMCA in which case most places in Europe would be fine for you.

I don't think you will find any reputable host that will totally ignore DMCA notices but I think that many will submit it to you, and then record your response.

The offers section is full of European 100tb offers so thats a good place to start. You might also want to try hetzner, FDC's european arm and OVH.

One place not to look would be redstation - who I'm fairly sure I read charges above a certain number of notices, although I can't find that thread right now.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

for 50G traffic, is it able to push on a 100M port ?

No, 100mbps will support about 30 TB per month

Leaseweb or OVH will suit your needs.

Hello, our budget is u$s 200 per server and we are going to need 10 or so. Leaseweb is not an option as they capped our speeds in the past. No adult content at all, no spam, no carding or hacking. Sometimes copyrighted material that we try to deal with expeditously.

Most hosts world wide take notice of DMCA as its a sign that the customer, or the customers clients/visitors are up to no good and needs to be looked into. So any decent host world wide should be fine, you don't have to restrict yourself to Europe.

Swiftway offer large bandwidth/transfer plans, they have a DMCA policy that is something like 5 free DMCAs a month, if more then each notice is charged at 0.50EUR (don't know the exact numbers).

As parky1 said, OVH, Leaseweb should also be fine. Also worth investigating Choopa, QuadraNet and FDC.

In this moment, it is hard to find a DMCA friendly provider. Specially higher bandwidth supported.

Maybe Ecatel will be within your price range.

I agree with the previous posts, most reputable providers will not ignore DMCA. Secondly, 50TB on a 1Gbps port will more than likely be above your projected budget on most decent servers. May I inquire as to the rest of your required server configuration?
    Rob Hivelocity
    Home of the best cPanel pricing
    www.Hivelocity.net Datacenters in Chicago, Dallas, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Singapore, India!

You shouldn't be looking for a host who ignores DMCA. Instead you should comply with the procedures promptly and then not have to worry about it.

Get a provider who can SWIP IP space. Swiftway can do this, so can many others. Then you can deal with the abuse notices yourself, or ignore them if you want.

We comply with DMCA/Copyright notices in less than 2 hours, but many copyright holders will complaint with out providers anyway, they don't care. About hardware configuration, we will be ok with 3-4gb ram and a dual core cpu, we don't require too much hardware.

Thanks for all your answers

Quote Originally Posted by Flapadar View Post
    You shouldn't be looking for a host who ignores DMCA. Instead you should comply with the procedures promptly and then not have to worry about it.
    I disagree. The DMCA is an American thing. We ignore them for Canadian servers and everyone else should do the same. I get a DMCA report, see it's for a Canadian IP and stop reading the rest of the message ... it goes right the F in the garbage where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I disagree. The DMCA is an American thing. We ignore them for Canadian servers and everyone else should do the same. I get a DMCA report, see it's for a Canadian IP and stop reading the rest of the message ... it goes right the F in the garbage where it belongs.
    It is still a notification of breach of copyright, and as long as it contains all of the information required by your local copyright laws, then you should honour it.

If it doesn't, then you should mail back telling them to follow the correct procedures as per the law in the country you are hosting in.

Flapadar and Patrick are, I think, both exactly correct - it's a US law applicable only in the US which it is reasonable to respond to with a pointer towards the applicable law of the land.

Getting back to the OPs request, 50TB is about 150Mbps average (so maybe 300-500Mbps peak?) per server. I think you'll struggle to get that much bandwidth for that cost, even on a fairly small server, particularly if you want a host who is reputable but realises that US laws only apply in the US.

But good luck!
    Advania Thor Data Centre Iceland - www.thordc.com
    High Spec Colocation and Dedicated Servers, powered by cheap, abundant and 100% renewable energy.
    Enterprise grade hosting, ISO27001 accredited for security, and all at fantastic pricing.

brian.rae@thordc.com

Quote Originally Posted by n!ghtmare View Post
    Get a provider who can SWIP IP space. Swiftway can do this, so can many others. Then you can deal with the abuse notices yourself, or ignore them if you want.
    What does this exactly means? Can you explain me a little? Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by parky1 View Post
    Maybe Ecatel will be within your price range.
    Our previous experience with ecatel in the last 2-years was very positive and certainly not of how they are sometimes portrayed.

We do not use their services any longer because we do not deploy specifically in NL any longer. However, in our time there hosting VPS/shared customers: It was very clear that ecatel follows DMCA regulation even though they are not US-based. They will indeed terminate your account due to DMCA violations.
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

Quote Originally Posted by techguyads View Post
    What does this exactly means? Can you explain me a little? Thanks for your help!
    It means that they can change the details of your server's IP addresses so that it would show your information rather than your host's details including your abuse email. So any DMCA requests will go straight to your abuse email and not to your host.

If you deal with dmca in 2hrs, I don't see why you have any problems.

You can try the unmetered leaseweb one, not the 100TB.
    You can also try swiftway, ecatel.
    I have no sig to spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
    If you deal with dmca in 2hrs, I don't see why you have any problems.
    It really depends on the provider. We receive a handful of DMCA notices a month (>10K users) and most providers we deal with indeed simply require us to respond in 48 hours.

There has been one however that suspended service on the first DMCA notice and required a $50 re-connect fee. It's important to know this up front and not assume that a limited number of notices or a quick follow-up keeps you online.

Not all of these DMCA agents actually look up SWIP, but it does indeed help. Assuming you have a European entity getting your own IP space from RIPE would be best. It's a more expensive path to take, but you'll probably find more providers willing to assist you with that than are willing to ignore DMCA requests.

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Benjamin View Post
    One place not to look would be redstation - who I'm fairly sure I read charges above a certain number of notices, although I can't find that thread right now.
    Redstation does not charge from DCMA notices - this information was incorrectly posted on WHT some time ago, however excessive number of notices may result in suspension of service so we are not suitable to the OP's requirements.
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - UK.

Redstation. Established Since 1998.
    100% Network SLA. 24x7x365 Support.

Is your website registered with the US copyright office? Doing so is a good idea and an act of good faith that you will follow US copyright law, which it sounds like you intend to do. If you're registered with the copyright office and honor valid DMCA complaints, I don't think you'll have a hard time finding a good quality host.

200 USD budget would mean at max 150 USD budget for 50TB. 50TB is +- 250 mbit. 0.45 EURO per mbit isn't going to get you anywhere in the EU. You would need to double the budget for the traffic, which would result in a 350USD total. And that still is very cheap in my opinion.
    YISP - High Bandwidth dedicated servers and colocation in YISP-AS(Amsterdam)!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast