Angry Micohosting is a Rip-Off hosting company.

Hi,

I purchased a Michosting server back in January. The first month of service went great (a few minor issues revolving the pricing of what I purchased as compared to what I received, but they worked that out fine). The issues didnt start till February. My package included a purchased Dedicated Server, VPS, and Shared Hosting package. My VPS & Shared hosting went 'offline' while my Dedicated server remained up. After many days of contacting their support team (as their website was also down), I was given the reply that they had been under a hostile takeover and were restructuring their packages. They said my VPS & Shared hosting in the US were no longer available; but that they could provide me comparable services in the UK. They assured me that service would continue to be provided with no further issues so I kept my services with them... Big Mistake!

A week later my bill came up for renewal (I was on auto renew so it was paid automatically through PayPal [another big mistake]). Two days later, my services magically stopped working. I contacted support and over the course of 24 hours received two responses advising they were "working on the issue". After this, I received no additional communication. No replies to tickets, no replies to emails, nothing.

Now their website is down, they do not reply to email, and they did not reply to PayPal's attempts to contact them as part of my dispute resolution policy. I have been attempting to get a hold of Micohosting and it's 'owner' Miltos Konstantinidis for a month now with no response.

PayPal also will not help because the purchase violates their Acceptable Use Policy (which it doesn't actually, it's just simply 'ignored' by their PayPal Purchase Protection program) because it's a digital good or service.

If this company ever opens their website back up or opens another company by the owner "Miltos Konstantinidis", do not purchase ANYTHING from them. They are crooks.

I am not sure if you are talking about "Mifco". If thats the company, then I already know a few people that are frustrated with their technical issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthex-Nick View Post
    I am not sure if you are talking about "Mifco". If thats the company, then I already know a few people that are frustrated with their technical issues.
    I think he's referring to http://www.micohosting.com/ - but they seem to be down at the moment.

Bad. so how is your backup like? how you manage transition to a new company?

Where are you located, in the States? What brought you to Michohosting anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by V7Host View Post
    I think he's referring to http://www.micohosting.com/ - but they seem to be down at the moment.
    Still looks down, never heard of them before either.

Did paypal take the funds from a debit or credit card? You may be able to initiate a charge back. It's always hard knowing who to trust, unfortunately it just takes time. Sorry to hear about this and hope you get it resolved.
    Web Trade Pro - The only web hosting you'll ever need...EVER...
    █ 100s Auto Install Scripts for Blogs, Forums, Shopping Carts and Billing Systems
    Email sales@webtradepro.com and find out more!

Web Trade Pro Ltd | United Kingdom - Manchester | Company No. 07763352

Its this issue of trust that makes it so hard for new IaaS companies to break in to the market I feel.

"Amazon? I know that name! Let's just go with them."

Quote Originally Posted by Valuejoan View Post
    Bad. so how is your backup like? how you manage transition to a new company?
    I always keep backups, so I had a backup of almost everything (my latest backup was scheduled to run the day my server stopped working). So transitioning wasnt hard. I moved to Limestone Networks, they are pretty decent and have a much better setup.

Quote Originally Posted by JMF-ProfitBricks View Post
    Where are you located, in the States? What brought you to Michohosting anyways?
    Micohosting originally offered all of it's services based out of the US despite the company not being US based. It wasnt till the last month that it was open that it started pushing services based from the UK. I went with them initially because they had a slight competitive edge when it came to pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by SWH Admin View Post
    Did paypal take the funds from a debit or credit card? You may be able to initiate a charge back. It's always hard knowing who to trust, unfortunately it just takes time. Sorry to hear about this and hope you get it resolved.
    The payment was made with PayPal funds that were already in my balance. There is no way to issue a chargeback. And PayPal says that online services are not covered in their Terms of Service which I think is crock. I believe that their TOS and AUPs need to be updated to meet with the times, most companies that participate in online services use PayPal as their preferred payment method.

I still havent heard back from Micohosting and now their email address that originally was billing@micohosting.com no longer works. Their website is also down as well and has been since this mess started.

If anyone knows anybody else that has been burned by this company and used PayPal to pay for their services, I urge them to file a complaint with PayPal as that is the only way they said they would help with giving a refund.