Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wisenerl View Post
    I turn over about £58,000 a month, I am happy to take offers based on you guessing and not looking at anything else...
    Your net profit is probably 8-18k month
    HostXNow - http://www.hostxnow.com | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure and Reliable [UK/USA] Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting
    cPanel/WHM • CloudLinux (Multi PHP) • Offsite Backups • LiteSpeed • TrendyTools • Softaculous

Bear in mind though that providing hosting services makes up less than £25k a year of what I do

We get the point.
    HostXNow - http://www.hostxnow.com | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure and Reliable [UK/USA] Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting
    cPanel/WHM • CloudLinux (Multi PHP) • Offsite Backups • LiteSpeed • TrendyTools • Softaculous

what's the profit?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I think net profit is much more important than turnover or sales. A company could be making 100 000 usd turnover and no profit or 50 000 profit
    When i was reselling hosting my net profit was more than 50% of turnover

First off, what do you mean by annual income? So many people on these forums refer to revenue as income.

If you mean net income, then I would say 1-2x that plus fair value of assets depending on the brand recognition and reputation.

If your brand is well known and you have a flawless reputation, you could do 2x without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx View Post
    First off, what do you mean by annual income? So many people on these forums refer to revenue as income.

If you mean net income, then I would say 1-2x that plus fair value of assets depending on the brand recognition and reputation.

If your brand is well known and you have a flawless reputation, you could do 2x without issue.
    Finally, someone who doesn't read the WHMCS scripts and uses the word Income as Revenue !

Quote Originally Posted by winuser View Post
    I think net profit is much more important than turnover or sales. A company could be making 100 000 usd turnover and no profit or 50 000 profit
    When i was reselling hosting my net profit was more than 50% of turnover
    In general this maybe the case. However, think of it like this. What if someone didn't get discounted pricing on leasing servers, or had lousy colo pricing and had INEFFICIENT expenses. The moral of the story is, you need to read the whole story. Is the company growing, are they profitable, what are the retention rates, how long have they been in business, brand reputation and recognition, competitors, is there an opportunity for me to make this business more efficient, more effective, and more profitable. Does this company fit into my current business model, do I have room on my infrastructure/network to take on this additional capacity and reduce operational expenses.

These are some of the key items I discuss with my clients when going through mergers or looking to buyout a company.
    Last edited by Techy; 05-02-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    Doug, Sales Leader
    VPS | KVM SSD & SATA VPS | Dedicated Servers | Colocation
    99.999% Uptime | 24x7x365 Support | Global Data Centers
    www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

Quote Originally Posted by winuser View Post
    I think net profit is much more important than turnover
    This is t'interwebby, we dont use real-numbers or acceptable accounting methods to determine value, e use last week's lottery numbers multiplied by a random phone number
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech View Post
    This is t'interwebby, we dont use real-numbers or acceptable accounting methods to determine value, e use last week's lottery numbers multiplied by a random phone number
    Which lottery? That'd be quite a number
    Doug, Sales Leader
    VPS | KVM SSD & SATA VPS | Dedicated Servers | Colocation
    99.999% Uptime | 24x7x365 Support | Global Data Centers
    www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12