hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Related Offers & Requests : Web Hosting Companies And Clients For Sale or Purchase : Estimate worth of a company

Forum Jump

Estimate worth of a company

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Companies And Clients For Sale or Purchase Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Estimate worth of a company

Hi,

I just want an estimate worth of a 4 year company.

So, let's start with details:
---
98% of customers are Greeks
Top Serps in local google(google.gr)
900 active customers
medium xx.xxx€ annual income
6 servers(cpanel,softaculous,sitebuilder)
WHMCS powered

Top xx number of orders monthly.

Let me know your thoughts!

Regards

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 10:39 AM
WHT Addict

Not really enough information here to give you a number. However as a general rule I have found 75% of annual sales to be a good place to start. Of course there are all kinds of variables that could make it be more or less than 75%.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Junior Guru

+1 to the above assessment. Usually the value of your hosting company is directly associated with it's annual revenue. Acceptable initial values are 70-90% of annual revenue - regardless of costs.

Hope it helps.

-Jordan

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Will Host for Food

It's worth what someone will pay you for it, less your costs involved in selling it :p

At present I'm seeing small hosts (sub 1000 clients) go for 5 to 8 month T/over and on larger hosts about 2years profit + assets

UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Web Hosting Master

I think the brand HostXNow is worth millions... I doubt anyone would pay that much for it though.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
I think the brand HostXNow is worth millions... I doubt anyone would pay that much for it though.
Then your thought is wrong. I can say my shoe is worth a million but doubt anyone will pay much for it....think of something sensible.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 PM
WHT Content Curator

It really depends on what you're selling. I agree, that a lot is tied into annual sales, but if you have a strong balance sheet and a company is buying all of the assets (servers, firewalls, etc...) the price has a lot more factors.

On a side note, the business maybe worth more to someone in that region/market where 98% of your customers are versus someone in the Americas. All in all, there isn't enough validity behind your assessment to make a general consensus for a price.

www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

Old 04-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Disabled

It is worth three times medium xx.xxx€ annual income

Old 04-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamouh View Post
Then your thought is wrong. I can say my shoe is worth a million but doubt anyone will pay much for it....think of something sensible.
So I'm wrong just because you disagree? You might not think its worth millions but someone else might think it is.

Lol at the shoe example.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Disabled

All web hosting companies are worth millions look at gatorhost.com they now have 8,000,000 domain they started with one

Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 PM
WHT Content Curator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgrannum18 View Post
All web hosting companies are worth millions look at gatorhost.com they now have 8,000,000 domain they started with one
Really? So just because Google is worth billions of dollars, if I started a search engine, or replicated any of their products, my company would be worth billions too?

Very few hosting companies are worth millions... There are probably thousands, if not tens of thousands of web hosting companies. If that was the case, hosting would be the largest industry in the world.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Ten years on this site!

What about the obvious?

Incone is one thing, what about cost to run, infastructure and so on. Buying any business of relevant size simply can't be based on turnover.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:50 PM
WHT Content Curator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisenerl View Post
What about the obvious?

Incone is one thing, what about cost to run, infastructure and so on. Buying any business of relevant size simply can't be based on turnover.
Earnings and potential if you're a smart buyer.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techy View Post
Earnings and potential if you're a smart buyer.
So true. The current owner could be making just 15k net profit a year due to lack of resources, etc. Run by someone with better resources/knowledge could double or even triple that.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Ten years on this site!

Yes I appreciate all that my point is people are guessing, equally the customers may well be with that owner because they have such a great relationship, along you come and out a fair majority of them will go. Due Dilligence, thats my point. Couple of big hosts were sold in recent years and many customers jumped ship just because that 1 person was not going to be there.

I turn over about £58,000 a month, I am happy to take offers based on you guessing and not looking at anything else...