Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation White-Label Feature Beware!

Most of the people here I guess are aware that I'm very particular with this feature in "RESELLER HOSTING". I signed up recently to this provider, after I asked all the IP information and verified that the service is indeed "WHITE-LABEL".

I checked again the IPs after two months and voila. This provider has all his information from Shared IP WHOIS, DNS IP, DOMAIN WHOIS and RDNS.

I seriously hate liars and dishonest people.
    If you can't keep your promised then don't offer this feature.

Do WHT consider this as false marketing?

Let's define WHITE-LABEL:

A white label product or service is a product or service produced by one company (the producer) that other companies (the marketers) rebrand to make it appear as if they made it. (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-label_product)
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

White label is pretty much impossible as far as I'm concerned unless you own a dedicated server with them. Even then it's still possible to find who the real host is.
    Pretty much like that for any product though. If you want true white label, you can't have it You need to operate your own network. And if you do, they could still find your bandwidth providers if you for whatever reason wanted to hide that too.

That's why I personally would prefer not to be a reseller of someone who sells shared hosting unless they have an extremely good reputation or their pricing and business model is different from mine by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    White label is pretty much impossible as far as I'm concerned unless you own a dedicated server with them. Even then it's still possible to find who the real host is.
    Pretty much like that for any product though. If you want true white label, you can't have it You need to operate your own network. And if you do, they could still find your bandwidth providers if you for whatever reason wanted to hide that too.

That's why I personally would prefer not to be a reseller of someone who sells shared hosting unless they have an extremely good reputation or their pricing and business model is different from mine by a large margin.
    Ok just to repeat myself and give you my explanation regarding this matter again.

The isp/datacenter info is something that we cannot hide and that's a fact.

However, DOMAIN, IP WHOIS, NAMESERVERS and rDNS are something that can always be modify and use different info to attain the white-label feature. Some provider here are doing this already. However, some of them are simply dishonest.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Ok just to repeat myself and give you my explanation regarding this matter again.

The isp/datacenter info is something that we cannot hide and that's a fact.

However, DOMAIN, IP WHOIS, NAMESERVERS and rDNS are something that can always be modify and use different info to attain the white-label feature. Some provider here are doing this already. However, some of them are simply dishonest.
    Then, yes, they should offer what they say they offer.

We don't claim we offer White Label. It's not hard to hide DOMAIN, IP WHOIS, NAMESERVERS and rDNS.
    HostXNow - http://www.hostxnow.com | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure and Reliable [UK/USA] Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting
    cPanel/WHM CloudLinux (Multi PHP) Offsite Backups LiteSpeed TrendyTools Softaculous

I'm actually not sure if WHT has some policy for false marketing or if they consider this as false marketing. Or not at all as long as these providers are paying customers for them.

Who is the provider in question? Have you contacted them about this?
    Aspiration Hosting | The Managed Cloud Server with Auto Failover
    High Availability Pure SSD DDR4 RAM CDN Bundled Triple Layer Backups

NoFrillsReseller.com | Budget Reseller Hosting + 24x7 Live Chat Support

That is not completely true.

White Label Servers/Vps/IPs are possible, usually where the IP will resolve to just the telecom provider or the DC which is perfect.

Also, in US DC's, getting while labeled services is difficult since these get registered against the one who leases them

@JLHC, I will not provide the name for now. The purpose of this thread is to make other customers aware that some of these providers are dishonest once they get the sale.

"WHITE-LABEL" is just another hosting trick

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by data-finder View Post
    "WHITE-LABEL" is just another hosting trick
    Totally agree. Our hosting company can make whitelabel nameservers as well, but we sure this is very simple work. The most thing you can sure this is modified DNS records.
    UpReseller || Bring to you friendly support with offshore/onshore hosting, reseller and cPanel VPS Management.
    www.upreseller.com

look for a reverse DNS in mail servers, tells you everthing.

You have to set a hostname for your server and you have to set rDNS for your IPs.

Now those who know how to find out, can easily find out the sites running on those IPs and NS running on those IPs.

How are you going to answer why multiple NS belonging to different companies are running on same IPs and what about domains from different companies on the host.

Sometime back there was a similar thread where OP of that thread was suggesting that reseller should get his own IPs for shared hosting and name servers with proper rDNS for those IPs, but was not ready to pay for the extra IPs. Apart from money, technically it's doable but IP assigning policies won't take this as valid reason to assign IPs.

Also if you are reselling from a big and popular host, their unbranded or white label hostnames along with most of their NS IPs are already known to the public.

Point is little digging by a knowledgeable customer will expose that you are reselling.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Vinayak_Sharma View Post
    You have to set a hostname for your server and you have to set rDNS for your IPs.

Now those who know how to find out, can easily find out the sites running on those IPs and NS running on those IPs.

How are you going to answer why multiple NS belonging to different companies are running on same IPs and what about domains from different companies on the host.

Sometime back there was a similar thread where OP of that thread was suggesting that reseller should get his own IPs for shared hosting and name servers with proper rDNS for those IPs, but was not ready to pay for the extra IPs. Apart from money, technically it's doable but IP assigning policies won't take this as valid reason to assign IPs.

Also if you are reselling from a big and popular host, their unbranded or white label hostnames along with most of their NS IPs are already known to the public.

Point is little digging by a knowledgeable customer will expose that you are reselling.
    I Agreed . but 100% White-Label or 110% at the end all will know where the reseller are hosted and with whom.

Quote Originally Posted by ckaraca View Post
    look for a reverse DNS in mail servers, tells you everthing.
    Can still be modify.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinayak_Sharma View Post

So after your lengthy reply, are you saying that this is not doable without acquiring my own IP? and are you sure about that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast