how do i know if i buy a dedicated server that can be used for openvz/solusvm??

hi
    iam not experience much with dedicated server so i have this question.i had paid for some servers and then the servers i couldnt use to configure for the vps. this waste me for stupid money..now i just want to know how do i know when i buy a server from a provider that i can used for installing vps such openvz/xen with solusvm or something else for vps ?? thank you

OpenVZ does not have very special hardware requirements (i.e. doesn't need CPU with virtualization support, etc.). Basicly if you can install / run CentOS 5 on the server, OpenVZ/SolusVM will work too.
    What was the server that you were unable to install/run OpenVZ on?

i had bought an ovh server..i did ask for help but they give me some links to install a clean centos...whatever i did all things..i couldnt connect to the server using vnc viewer..the links been post for years so i think the ovh server been update so the links wont be useful anymore. can anyone help anyone help me to provide me a better links?? or enter my server make this work for me...i really appreciate it..

I would recommend you learn to run a linux command line server (Rather than via VNC) before you attempt running virtual servers.

openvz/solusvm will work with any dedicated server.
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL - Intel/AMD CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

SolusVM + OpenVZ (as a master and slave) work perfectly on OVH's custom CentOS 5 kernel, straight out of the box!

I think you have to make some changes if you want install it on OVH's custom CentOS 6 kernel. But nothing major...
    zFast Technologies - Affordable Web Hosting
    █ Shared, Reseller, VPS, SHOUTcast & Domain Registration!
    █ Quality web hosting since 2009 - www.zfast.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mastercrap View Post
    hi
    iam not experience much with dedicated server so i have this question.i had paid for some servers and then the servers i couldnt use to configure for the vps. this waste me for stupid money..now i just want to know how do i know when i buy a server from a provider that i can used for installing vps such openvz/xen with solusvm or something else for vps ?? thank you
    Solus and Open will work absolutely fine, it seems that your ideas far exceed your ability on this one. If you need to ask such a question you should walk away from doing it, at least until you learn more.

This falls into the "if you have to ask..." category, but luckily there is no reason you cannot tackle this yourself.

Unlike many ideas on here, you can very easily do this on one of your servers (even desktop) at your work or home. Go through some tutorials and see what best matches your needs, and get started.

Use a machine you can afford to wipe, and go end to end once or twice. I am sure someone on here could recommend some tutorials if you need.