Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nocs changing to Verio ?

If I could still recall, read that Sean mentioned Verio coming in on Monday ? Izit true or just to make us nocs user happy ??

Yes, Verio is scheduled for install on Monday. It will be replacing AT&T. We are still also adding Global Crossing, but that has been gettng delayed due to a fiber build...but is still coming shortly. We have a major press release regarding our network coming very shortly....about 7-10 days until we release it to the public.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    System Administration
    SmartHost, LLC - The Intelligent Hosting Solution! - Multiple Locations - US/EU!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

okie, good to see Nocs trying ur best to improve ur services and cutting down on downtime issues.

Anything to add on so as to make members of Nocs family feel a bit better than having to read so many posts on downtime issues, bad support services and so forth. It's terrible to read those when you are trying to support Nocs at one time and received neg. comments on the other hand.

Probably Sean, if you are here and reading this, post something on anything that Nocs are doing now to reverse the situation here.. at least that gonna make us feel a bit better and honour to be Nocs family.

There is no situation here.
    Just a slowdown due to quanitity of orders from the sale...no big deal, we'll be back to normal ASAP.

A few complaints from this cannot change the spectacular service NOCSTER has been giving prior...

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    System Administration
    SmartHost, LLC - The Intelligent Hosting Solution! - Multiple Locations - US/EU!

Good to hear that.

Verio any good?
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

I don't think Burst would be making a switch from good to bad Dark .. I hope not anyway
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

Verio has a very stable and fast network.
    Our client's will be very satisfied with them.

A mix of Sprint, Level3, Verio, & Global Crossing is pretty darn nice.

Just wait until our press release comes out in 7-10 days, then you'll realy like what you hear about the future of our network.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    System Administration

Will dream about hitting the Sign up button on Burst tonight
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

I never route over anything but sprint from my Burst servers, and I get 160ms-190ms always (that's damn quick for dialup). I'm used to 220-350ms pings from most places so I'm real happy with the sprint, but it's had issues lately.

A lot of clients of mine route over AT&T or Cogent and have bad problems with them so I'm hoping Verio will cure that. I've just never used them and was curious ...

BTW, is cogent _really_ going to be removed or ...
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

Yes, Cogent is getting removed this week I believe. AT&T as well....as soon as Verio is up and tested stable.
    Would have been removed already, if not for the Global Crossing install delay.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    System Administration

Guess that we will be looking into something that is good soon from Nocs next week..
    and probably we won't be going to hv any interruptions while Nocs doing some
    installation on the service, though I must admit there may be some ...

Can wait for the Changes

people Seem to like Verio just fine, even with traces to vdi, you will see Verio or Att go back and forth.

just depends on your isp peering.

Level3 and verio are more active at night then during the day.
    -----My wife said it was ok----

probably high european/assian traffic?

Sean - You're not keeping AT&T for the BurstNet network? I remember when you still had Worldcom, and when there was a problem, Nocster got switched onto that to balance out the problem.

- Matt

Not sure about the worldcom thing, but I'm very relieved to hear about nocster changing networks... Feb has had way too much latency and network blips - here's to the (hopeful) end of that...
    Ion Web Services/TronicTech
    http://www.ion-web.com or Unsupported webhosting?!?
    Shared hosting, Reseller accounts, Dedicated Servers, and More
    Proudly hosting since 2002

Right now I"m connecting over ATT and its terrible. Pings of 100+. I can't wait for some Global Crossing bandwidth.

I'm getting sub 20ms pings throught ATT... noooooo!!!

Looks like they are removing all the 'higher dollar' providers for 'lower dollar' providers.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

you wouldn't want verio/global crossing over ATT?

If I get routed by Sprint, it's fine. Level3 is another story though...

- Matt

I personally don't like ATT very much.
    I found them often having network issues etc.
    I'm often seeing biiig latency increases at peering/transit points.
    That's really a con.
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Yes, AT&T & Cogent are both being removed this week.
    Verio is being added Mon/Tues...depends on the big snowstorm here on the east coast, as we have to drive to Philadelphia to install a router.

Don't worry about AT&T going away...
    With the big press release in 7-10 days we will be making, you'll understand why we are doing this, and all the pieces will fall into place.

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    System Administration

Originally posted by BiGWill
    I personally don't like ATT very much.
    I found them often having network issues etc.
    I'm often seeing biiig latency increases at peering/transit points.
    That's really a con.
    /me wonders if it's the avici icmp problem. bleh i am too tired/lazy to explain that bug to you traceroute kids, yet again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast