Problems with Cpanel DNS cluster

I have experienced an odd issue while trying to setup a new VPS with Cpanel DNS Only as a redundent tertiary nameserver due to my domain name being hypenated.

I have tried using the remote server's IP address and domain name but it keeps stripping the hypen making the domain exampledomain.com insted of example-domain.com which obviously does not work.

I am woundering if anyone else here has experienced this issue and has any ideas. The DNS server is using Cpanel DNS Only WHM 11.30.6.4 - X 3.9 and the webserver with the issues is using WHM 11.30.6 (build 4)

Quote Originally Posted by gavo2o View Post
    I have experienced an odd issue while trying to setup a new VPS with Cpanel DNS Only as a redundent tertiary nameserver due to my domain name being hypenated.

I have tried using the remote server's IP address and domain name but it keeps stripping the hypen making the domain exampledomain.com insted of example-domain.com which obviously does not work.

I am woundering if anyone else here has experienced this issue and has any ideas. The DNS server is using Cpanel DNS Only WHM 11.30.6.4 - X 3.9 and the webserver with the issues is using WHM 11.30.6 (build 4)
    I have a cPanel DNS Cluster which has afew hypenated domains and this is not happening.

I would force a cPanel update and see if that fixes it but before you do that are you actually setting up the cluster correctly?
    UK Based Proactive Server Management.
    Zabbix Enterprise 24/7 Monitoring.