Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WARNING: Stay Away from jixhost.com

WARNING.. STAY AWAY from << removed >> jixhost.com if you like your sanity and money and peace of mind.

They are nothing but a bunch of scamming thieving bast*&^. I signed up for an account, migrated my sites, then 2 days later, i couldnt login to my ftp, then a day later, i couldn't login to my cpanel, traded emails back and forth with their support for about 3 days and they did nothing, asking/telling me the stupidest things, essentially saying the problem was with me. Then i asked for a refund and they refused, saying a refund is not available on accounts longer than 30 days, even though when i spoke to pre-sales chat, they said they had an anytime refund policy,.

Then I ask for a refund straight from paypal, but still the idiots refused to refund, saying the same thing. So I opened a dispute resolution with paypal, which I believe the jixhost idiots will try and fight for whatever reason, which does not make any sense.

The sell a service , fail to provide the service, then refuse to refund my money claiming both a lie and a stupid reason at that.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM. you have been warned,.
    Last edited by writespeak; 03-07-2013 at 01:27 PM.
      2 Not allowed!

You most likely got your IP blocked due to setting off their security software. They may have just needed to whitelist your IP on the server. But then that's only good if you have a static IP. If your IP keeps changing they'd have to whitelist the new IP each time.

That's usually the problem anyway.
    HostXNow - http://www.hostxnow.com | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure and Reliable [UK/USA] Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting
    cPanel/WHM CloudLinux (Multi PHP) Offsite Backups LiteSpeed TrendyTools Softaculous
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    You most likely got your IP blocked due to setting off their security software. They may have just needed to whitelist your IP on the server. But then that's only good if you have a static IP. If your IP keeps changing they'd have to whitelist the new IP each time.

That's usually the problem anyway.
    Thanks for the info.... If only they had the brains to do that, or to find whatever necessary solution. But now all I want is my money, and to think they have the gall to refuse me a refund, for a service they fail to render.

I see there's a jixhost person on this forum and it will be interesting to see what/how s/he will come to defend his/her company, which will of cos be hogwash, or at the very least they will claim ignorance and refer me to another department, just as a live help person did before rudely clossing the chat abruptly.

pathetic loosers.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mikenashfemi100 View Post
    I signed up for an account, migrated my sites, then 2 days later, i couldnt login to my ftp, then a day later, i couldn't login to my cpanel, traded emails back and forth with their support for about 3 days
    refund is not available on accounts longer than 30 days
    "Our 30 day refund policy excludes reseller plans, vps, servers, domains, SSL certificates and plans paid for longer then 1 month and accounts that are suspended or terminated for abuse. We can not refund unused portions of your plan"

Did you read the TOS prior to ordering?

was the account open for a while and not use it, the days don't seem to add up to 30.

What was their response in terms of what the problem was?
    Last edited by SPINIKR-RO; 03-15-2012 at 07:05 AM.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HC-Ro View Post
    "Our 30 day refund policy excludes reseller plans, vps, servers, domains, SSL certificates and plans paid for longer then 1 month and accounts that are suspended or terminated for abuse. We can not refund unused portions of your plan"

Did you read the TOS prior to ordering?

was the account open for a while and not use it, the days don't seem to add up to 30.

What was their response in terms of what the problem was?
    - Opened the account on March 8. Asked for a refund on March 12. Their response my request for refund was "Refunds are not available on plans longer then 1 month as written in the tos you had agreed to prior to registration."

What I ordered was a Business web hosting plan, which as far as I am concerned does not fall into under their "Our 30 day refund policy excludes reseller plans, vps, servers, domains, SSL certificates and plans". Unless of course they want to turn around and argue/find a new excuse to not give me my money, that it does. Even though the original reason they gave was "refund is not available on accounts longer than 30 days."

- Their responses to my support tickets are given below:

me: I cant login to my ftp account.

JH: Please try now.

me: still cant login

JH: You may to try a different ftp program. ftp is running correctly and Im unable to duplicate the issue.

me: I am using filezilla.. and i used it to connect just last night.. I am also able to connect to other ftp sites. So it cant be the ftp program.

Is there any specific setting i should use. say SFTP, A SPECIFIC PORT, etc,

JH: Just domain, user and password.

ME: So what do i do. cos as i said, i loged in last night.

Also a few hours ago, I was aso unable to login to my cpanel with the same login details. It said something about a suspending my login, because a brute force attack had been detected,

Can you please tell me what login details I should be using to login.

JH: Brute is now cleared.

me: I also asked to know if i am using the right login details.

Is my ftp login, the same as the one i use to login to cpanel...

I have just again tried to login to my cpanel and got that brute force message.

It is waaaay to early to be having all this trouble with you. It hasn't been 48 hours since I signed up with you.

me: Whats going on please.

ME: Whats happening to my account. I cant login to either my cpanel or my ftp.

JH: Try now.

ME: I STILL CANNOT LOGIN TO EITHER CPANEL OR FTP. THIS IS GETTING VERY VERY IRRITATING. WHY AND HOW CAN IT BE SO HARD TO GIVE ME ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT????????

JH: What link are you tring to logininto cpanel with?

===========================

At this point I asked for a refund which is where they said the nonsense they did. Again, I signed up on March 8, asked for a refund on March 12.
      0 Not allowed!

Did you pay for more than a month? I guess that's where they justify the "exclude plans paid for longer then 1 month" =(

It does feel like JH could have probably helped you better, however I am blind to the entire conversation.

Perhaps one of them will see this and get things squared away.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds like you was blocked within CSF or cPHulk...

You also need a port number to connect to FTP so saying you only need your domain, username and password is abit strange...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HC-Ro View Post
    Did you pay for more than a month? I guess that's where they justify the "exclude plans paid for longer then 1 month" =(

It does feel like JH could have probably helped you better, however I am blind to the entire conversation.

Perhaps one of them will see this and get things squared away.
    I paid for the whole year. can anything really be "justified" in the above scenario? I really doubt that.
      1 Not allowed!

I paid for the whole year. can anything really be "justified" in the above scenario? I really doubt that.
    You've paid for 12 months but been a client for less than 1 months they should refund you

Its why you should NEVER pay for 12 months upfront untill you have been with said provider for afew months to see how things move forward...
      1 Not allowed!

Sounds like you were blocked by CSF or cPHulk.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || New Editorial: HostGator Alternatives & Who is EIG?
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

If some how they win the paypal dispute ill be in shock. typically paypal will always side with the buyer.
    Currently hosting with SolidShellSecurity.com && awknet.com
    -- I give them both 10/10 ratings for support, uptime, fast servers, security and quality services =)
    I do freelance programming, server management, and web design work. =)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BiggyMike View Post
    If some how they win the paypal dispute ill be in shock. typically paypal will always side with the buyer.
    Paypal doesnt cover hosting...
      0 Not allowed!

Makes you wonders how some companies are run.
      0 Not allowed!

Most likely setting off Mod_Security which then gets your IP blocked by CSF/cPHulk.
    HostXNow - http://www.hostxnow.com | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure and Reliable [UK/USA] Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting
    cPanel/WHM CloudLinux (Multi PHP) Offsite Backups LiteSpeed TrendyTools Softaculous
      0 Not allowed!

Do you have a ticket number we can review?
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 6+ years. | Powerful CloudLinux servers.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | cPanel shared.
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.
      0 Not allowed!

I've used jixhost before and they have been absolutely fine. From my knowledge it appears that you might have just been blocked from there firewall maybe due to entering your FTP password incorrectly too many times?

From your aggression in your initial post I take it you raged at them a few times... That doesn't help.

Oh well... Best of luck
    Buzzhosting - The Reliable Choice!
    █ Affordable Domains, Reliable Hosting, Hosted Mail, Virtual Private Servers
    cPanel - Softaculous - CloudFlare Partners - 24/7 Support
    █ Free .com domain name with the purchase of our Freedom Package!
      0 Not allowed!

Login issue: Ticket #316998
    Refund request: Ticket #420599
      0 Not allowed!

Login issue: Ticket #316998
    Refund request: Ticket #420599
    The first ticket, I see that you were having Brute force blocks (we were unable to duplicate the issue when we tried). Since it was within the first 24-48 hrs, your domain may have not propagated to your server..hence you may have been bruted from your old host using your new logins.

The second ticket is in reference to a refund request which we have denied. The terms of services you had agreed to prior to registering with us explains why. I did notice you quoted it, however left out the portion that pertains to your plan term.

If there are any other questions, we will be happy to address them either in public or private.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 6+ years. | Powerful CloudLinux servers.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
    The first ticket, I see that you were having Brute force blocks (we were unable to duplicate the issue when we tried). Since it was within the first 24-48 hrs, your domain may have not propagated to your server..hence you may have been bruted from your old host using your new logins

The second ticket is in reference to a refund request which we have denied. The terms of services you had agreed to prior to registering with us explains why. I did notice you quoted it, however left out the portion that pertains to your plan term.

If there are any other questions, we will be happy to address them either in public or private.
    [/QUOTE]

oh my domain propagated alright, cos I was able to view it in a browser. and even if not, that is irrelevant. Fact is I did not for even one day use your service because you were not able to solve my problem, so I asked for a refund which you denied. You are citing your TOS as a justfitication for denying my refund. SERIOUSLY???

Fact is your home page states a 30-day money back guarantee. your TOS page, http://jixhost.com/terms-and-conditions.html says

7. Our 30 day refund policy excludes reseller plans, vps, servers, domains, SSL certificates and plans paid for longer then 1 month and accounts that are suspended or terminated for abuse. We can not refund unused portions of your plan;

So may I ask, what just what DOES your 30-day money back garuantee include if it excludes all that????

I ordered the Business web hosting plan. So where in the above statement, or anywhere else on the site does it say that the "business web hosting" is excluded from the 30 day money back guarantee???? And more so, do you people have no integrity, how can you take money from someone and when you are "unable" to provide the service, refuse to refund their money. That is just low and smirks of people out to make a quick buck at any cost.
      1 Not allowed!

I have experienced many companies like this. But when you do use these companies i recommend using paypal if it is a company you have never used/seen/heard of because paypal has good security to check and look at all transactions.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by X-RayHosting View Post
    I have experienced many companies like this. But when you do use these companies i recommend using paypal if it is a company you have never used/seen/heard of because paypal has good security to check and look at all transactions.
    Skrill(Moneybookers) and Alertpay are also good.
      1 Not allowed!

-> "plans paid for longer then 1 month"

Propagation resolves at different times in different locations for up to 48 hrs.

Aside from you being complete pompous ass to our support people, me and everyone else you probably deal/dealt with in the past, I have decided to **not** make an exception for you. I certainly have both the legal and moral right in doing so.
      0 Not allowed!

Guess I'll be staying away from Jinxhost. They sound as greedy as Scala Hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
    i had bad experiences with jixhost.. only have to say stay away from Jixhost... for me they are a group of scammers.....STAY AWAY....
    JixHost is a GOOD host. I've used them a few times in the past and I never had a single problem with anything. You had a bad experience because you clearly can't read their Terms of Service. Remember your password next time.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
    i had bad experiences with jixhost.. only have to say stay away from Jixhost... for me they are a group of scammers.....STAY AWAY....
    Quote Originally Posted by kiloniner View Post
    Guess I'll be staying away from Jinxhost. They sound as greedy as Scala Hosting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeambrose3 View Post
    JixHost is a GOOD host. I've used them a few times in the past and I never had a single problem with anything. You had a bad experience because you clearly can't read their Terms of Service. Remember your password next time.
    Whats the domain names you folks have had hosted with them?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast