2 disk dedicated server

Hello
    i want to know please if for exemple i have RAID 1 with 2 x 2TO disk
    and cent os are installed on 1 disque
    have you an idea to how use the 4To on on domain ?
    because on plesk i see only 1 disk
    thanks

RAID1 mirrors your disks. So if you have 2 x 2 TB in RAID1 you can only use 2 TB of data. Both disks will contain the same information. Meaning 1 disk can fail without any data loss.

If you want to use 4 TB of diskspace total you'll either have to switch to RAID0 or no raid at all.
    Mail: sales@i3d.net - Interactive 3D - 100TB PROMOS! Dell Intel Xeon E3 servers - Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Gaming, IP Connectivity.
    36,000 sq ft datacenter, 8500 servers, 623 gbit network on AMS-IX, LINX, DECIX, PLIX, BBIX, TPIX, PTT-SP, IX Australia NSW, Level3, NTT, Cogent, NL-IX, DTAG.

thanks for you reply

i have this

2 x 2TB in RAID 0 = 4TB
    2 x 2TB in RAID 1 = 2TB

With RAID 0 you have 4TB in total, with 2 disks. But you will see it as 1 disk.
    With RAID 1 you have 2TB in total, with 2 disks. But you will see it as 1 disk.

can you explain me please the difference between the 2 RAID ?

me i choose the raid 0 for my server
    whats mean ?
    thanks

RAID0 (striped) means that both disks are seen as 1 big disk by your system. It's slightly faster than a single drive and offers you full usage of all available space. The downside is that if 1 drive fails you lose the data on both drives. So it's not suitable for servers with sensitive data.

RAID1 (mirrored) takes 2 drives and writes the same data to both of the drives. This means that one drive can fail and you will still have all your data and can rebuild your raid array again without data loss. It's slightly slower than a single drive but offers data security.
    Mail: sales@i3d.net - Interactive 3D - 100TB PROMOS! Dell Intel Xeon E3 servers - Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Gaming, IP Connectivity.
    36,000 sq ft datacenter, 8500 servers, 623 gbit network on AMS-IX, LINX, DECIX, PLIX, BBIX, TPIX, PTT-SP, IX Australia NSW, Level3, NTT, Cogent, NL-IX, DTAG.

thanks Ramon - i3D for this information
    its about a server on i3d that i talk

Ah, didn't know that, you can always contact our support department with these sort of questions. They can explain these things to you as well. Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by mega-ps3; 03-15-2012 at 07:20 AM.

You're welcome. Escalated this to our tech team. One of our engineers is going to start the plesk install for you in a moment.