Review: 3 Years with Colocrossing

I was just chatting with a friend who pointed me here to post about my experiences with Colocrossing. I've been a customer of theirs for three years, and wanted to share a brief overview of my experiences with them.

When I started looking for dedicated server hosts, I took my time, did my homework and decided that the right way to go was not to rent, but colocate my own hardware.

I had some concerns about hosting my personally owned hardware a state away, so I reached out to several different hosts and started asking questions. The responses varied, everything from sales pitches to promised support, but nobody really helped answer my questions until Colocrossing support.

Even before I sent them a dime, they were working with me on some of their common hardware specifications that I used with my own setup. Once the build was done, I sent the box off to them.

When the server arrived, they had the server racked and online within hours. From that point forward, they've always seemed to go above and beyond my expectations.

I've submitted my fair share of tickets. In each situation, I've seen a response in less than 20 minutes. We've dealt with issues that spanned over a couple of days where they offered frequent updates; often before I asked for them. In another case, I noticed my CPU running hot on the box. They took the box out of the cabinet and discovered that the fan on the heatsink had died. They replaced it, billed me under retail for the part and had it back online in less than 45 minutes.

As a customer, I demand a lot out of them. When they don't hear from me, they know they're doing their job. When things aren't running as smoothly as possible, they're prompt, efficient and find ways to make sure you walk away happy.

Beyond their customer service, their network is superb. We've had our bumps in the road, but they were temporary and handled accordingly. This type of performance doesn't come without constant attention to detail; something I'm sure is often overlooked by more than a few of their clients.

I work for a very large enterprise as my day job and deal with vendors that are staffed with thousands of agents (these same vendors are paid millions a year, far more than I pay for one colocated server), yet these vendors pale in comparison to the long history of great service and performance I have experienced over the last three years with Colocrossing. I'm not their biggest client, but I'm always treated like I am.

It is for this reason that I've renewed with them for a fourth year. Their excellence in this field puts them leagues above the rest. I hear the stories and see the headaches with other hosts. All I can do is point those individuals to Colocrossing, a place that seems to excel at perfection.

It is for this reason that I've renewed with them for a fourth year. Their excellence in this field puts them leagues above the rest. I hear the stories and see the headaches with other hosts. All I can do is point those individuals to Colocrossing, a place that seems to excel at perfection.
    Knowing your renewing on them is one way to believe that they really are offering a good services! Well, good for them to found someone patriotic as you!

I'm not their biggest client, but I'm always treated like I am.
    Plus one for this statement.
    RamNode - High Performance Cloud VPS
    SSD Cloud and Shared Hosting
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Deploy on our SSD cloud today! - www.ramnode.com

@NickJG, thanks for the nice comments. Means a lot knowing our efforts get noticed.

@TheWebsiteGuy, I'm pretty sure I know who you are, and we appreciate your business!
    ColoCrossing - Dedicated to Uptime
    Jon Biloh | jbiloh@colocrossing.com | 1.800.518.9716 | Skype: jbiloh
    DDOS Protected Colo & Dedicated Servers in Buffalo, Chicago, Dallas and Los Angeles

3 years of great service is definitely worth commending and something that takes a lot of effort to maintain. Kudos to ColoCrossing!
    Drew Adams- Hivelocity- Sales Manager
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Exclusive Flat Rate cPanel Provider