server with specific requriments - which?

The goal is:
    server that can handle 200 online users + running 10-15 ffmpeg processes in the same time.

What specs do i need to search for? which CPU? How much RAM?

Should be in NL\DE, so if you can recommend for some company that will be great.

Thank you.

You mean 200 concurrent users?
    Supportex.Net server management, full range of services. EU-based outsourced company. Since 1998.
    Outstanding quality for high performance projects; clustering and high-availability solutions, DDoS protection.
    Cisco/Juniper network management & deployment assistance. Network design and monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by barbus View Post
    You mean 200 concurrent users?
    Yes, that isn`t much, am I wrong? the FFMPEG is the biggest problem here.

will a core2dou be enough or I need something stronger like I5\I7?

Have you thought about a budget?

Quote Originally Posted by weboo View Post
    Yes, that isn`t much, am I wrong? the FFMPEG is the biggest problem here.

will a core2dou be enough or I need something stronger like I5\I7?
    Yes, ffmpeg would use a lot of resources (especially, CPU). Do you use dedicated server now? I'd suggest to start the investigation with finding current bottlenecks.
    Anyway, it's always better to choose hardware keeping in mind that tomorrow you can get more users than you have now. So now some hardware it's enough, and after a while you can get performance issues.
    Supportex.Net server management, full range of services. EU-based outsourced company. Since 1998.
    Outstanding quality for high performance projects; clustering and high-availability solutions, DDoS protection.
    Cisco/Juniper network management & deployment assistance. Network design and monitoring.

I would try to reserve at least 1 core per FFMPEG process you plan to run simultaneously. The RAM would depend on the kind of application your server will be running, but you're most likely looking at 8 GB+ to keep safe.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Quote Originally Posted by CJSS View Post
    Have you thought about a budget?
    Yes, around 70 euro.

Quote Originally Posted by RSNET-John View Post
    I would try to reserve at least 1 core per FFMPEG process you plan to run simultaneously. The RAM would depend on the kind of application your server will be running, but you're most likely looking at 8 GB+ to keep safe.
    Sounds good, i`ll save each core for 1 process and make a waiting line for the other that coming, i`ll go for some core i5 and 8GB of RAM.

Thanks for the help guys.