Host with good DDoS protection?

I recently bought a dedicated server over at Hetzner. I went for the EX 4S server the specs are really nice and more than what I need, the price is even better but they provide absolutely no DDoS protection so it's time I find a new host.

I'm hosting servers for the game "Garry's Mod" theres a huge amount of drama in the community. There is a very very common tool called "DevNull" that a few people use to knock out competitors or simply attack servers they get banned from. The attacks that come from this tool are anywhere between 300mbps - 600 mbps. I'm currently being attacked by one person who is simply mad becuase I banned him. Once he stops I'm sure I'll get an attack within the next few weeks.

So, what host would be my best host?
    Hetzner isn't an option due to lack of DDoS protection.
    LimeStone Netwrosks isn't an option due to location.

My budget is around 100-130 euros per month. Location MUST be Europe.

Also, for anyone curious on more information about the sort of attack I'm receiving http://community.fbyte.org/threads/6...ion-on-DevNull
    Last edited by Munch1; 03-13-2012 at 02:30 PM.

depending on the size of the bw attack, that is kinda low for a budget.
    We live in a twilight world

Hi Munch1,

You should be able to go to any prospective hosting provider and ask them if they provide any kind of network protection for their customers. In the case that they do, they should be able to protect any IP range that falls within their network and the subsequent devices attached i.e. your server.

Many companies have developed automated systems that can detect adverse amounts of malicious traffic and take the necessary action to protect the resource being attacked within 60 seconds.

Typically, if it is a big hosting company, they have most likely faced large scale DDOS attacks themselves. If they have faced these attacks they should be able to pass this same protection on to the customers that fall within their network.

One of the big ddos protection hosts in Europe is http://dragonara.net, but as you can see, out of your budget. You aren't going to be able to afford decent protection with your budget, infact I'll be very surprised if you find any protection within your budget.
    Last edited by sam0; 03-13-2012 at 04:23 PM.

A VPS provider on WHT (VMPort) has started to use http://koddos.com - which I believe are within your budget and located in Romania (Not sure on that part).

However, I also run a personal Garry's Mod server and I can say that a 1gbit OVH line seems to handle the attacks well. The server is quite popular and hasn't been down due to attacks in over a year (I also take it on myself personally to ban and humiliate anyone who gives us such threats with DevNull or any other program)
    Last edited by Afterburst-Jack; 03-13-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flapadar View Post
    A VPS provider on WHT (VMPort) has started to use http://koddos.com - which I believe are within your budget and located in Romania (Not sure on that part).
    IP belongs to Staminus, west coast US.

Again it all depends on the size of the DDOS and many other factors of the attack itself :\ It's hard to say, and definitely it will get expensive if you want the attack to be mitigated as much as possible.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...