Thread: IPKVM

IPKVM

Out of curiosity, how long does this usually take to setup?

Can you provide more information?

Internal or external IP KVM?
    Internal KVM is very small, like postage stamp, setup time - 5 - 10 minutes.
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

Quote Originally Posted by BalticServers Andrius View Post
    Can you provide more information?

Internal or external IP KVM?
    Internal KVM is very small, like postage stamp, setup time - 5 - 10 minutes.
    Well one of my servers are down due to an incorrectly configured network, I've been waiting two hours now for IP KVM, external I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by JackVX View Post
    Well one of my servers are down due to an incorrectly configured network, I've been waiting two hours now for IP KVM, external I'm guessing.
    This is depends on company, because tech staff need to connect KVM to your server physically.
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

It shouldn't take long, depending on availabity however, it could be a while. Also depends on what other tasks they have in the qeue and the company (# of onsite staff). Actually enabling it is an easy task.

I opened this thread and decided that it was a great question and one which I would answer definitively given the scope of information provided by the OP.

Using a pre-configured SecureLinx Spider single-unit IP KVM dongle that I had laying around, I plugged it into a random server on a rack, waited for it to power on and fully boot (the KVM device, not the server) and then established a web-based session with it. According to the accurately calibrated stopwatch I utilised, this took a grand total of 52 seconds.

Therefore, all IP KVM setups, based on the scope of the original question, should take no longer than 52 seconds.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by dthigpen View Post
    I opened this thread and decided that it was a great question and one which I would answer definitively given the scope of information provided by the OP.

Using a pre-configured SecureLinx Spider single-unit IP KVM dongle that I had laying around, I plugged it into a random server on a rack, waited for it to power on and fully boot (the KVM device, not the server) and then established a web-based session with it. According to the accurately calibrated stopwatch I utilised, this took a grand total of 52 seconds.

Therefore, all IP KVM setups, based on the scope of the original question, should take no longer than 52 seconds.

You're welcome.
    Thankyou for your detailed response.

No problem, buddy.

The KVM unit is most likely being utilized by another customer or they don't have staff on-site.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.