burstnet.eu, redstation, rapidswitch, - a clear winner

I can't decide between them.

This is just for the webserver/db part of my site. Not for any kind of BW intensive stuff.

They all look good, i like that burstnet.eu has some basic management and some basic ddos protection. Not that i have ever needed any of that - but cool they include it with their 100tb plans (which i would choose since they are hardly any more expensive that the 5tb plans).

So leaning toward them. But the other 2 look very good too. Redstation perhaps even the best value, but read a few threads of £60 charges to do even the smallest thing, and for some reason bill middle of the month nothing wrong with that i guess but a little strange. But they do have 24/7 phone support, and the prices are very good for hardware, even at full price not just the 3months reduced rate.

Rapidswitch look great too, although their website doesnt really allow you to customise the server much either.

Which has the best network or are they pretty much the same?

Do Uk hosts treat DMCA correctly i.e give you 24 hours to remove the offending material? I usually only get perhaps 3-4 per month but dont want my server cut off for just getting one issue with that?

Are their SLA pretty much the same, i could not really find the SLA options here.

Is there a clear winner here or would any of them be a pretty good choice? My sites uptime is important to me over the small variations in price between the 3.

Who would you go with and why? are there any others to look at?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by need4bw View Post
    They all look good, i like that burstnet.eu has some basic management and some basic ddos protection. Not that i have ever needed any of that - but cool they include it with their 100tb plans (which i would choose since they are hardly any more expensive that the 5tb plans).
    BurstNET is a great choice. One of the nodes in our DNS cluster is hosted with BurstNET, and aside from a single random reboot, it's been completely satisfactory.
    Don't expect too much from their management or DDoS protection though. Their ticket replies are slow (to be expected from a budget provider) and the DDoS protection doesn't seem to do much.

I can't comment on the other two as I have no experience with either.
    miscis.com - Providing domains and premium hosting solutions at an affordable price
    cPanel+Softaculous | 99.9% Uptime SLA | CloudLinux | Daily Backups
    █ Accepting PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Liberty Reserve
    Currently in Netherlands, EU & Arizona, USA

thanks thats good to hear, yeah they look pretty good.

When you say ticker response is slow are we talking a few hours or longer than that even? can they be called on the phone?

BurstNET is an excellent choice. They're very reasonable guys with a good network and great prices.

Support can be a bit sporadic, but that's one way they save you money. If you know what you're doing then you'll be fine.

I can't decide between them.

This is just for the webserver/db part of my site. Not for any kind of BW intensive stuff.

So leaning toward them. But the other 2 look very good too. Redstation perhaps even the best value, but read a few threads of £60 charges to do even the smallest thing, and for some reason bill middle of the month nothing wrong with that i guess but a little strange. But they do have 24/7 phone support, and the prices are very good for hardware, even at full price not just the 3months reduced rate.

Rapidswitch look great too, although their website doesnt really allow you to customise the server much either.

Which has the best network or are they pretty much the same?

Do Uk hosts treat DMCA correctly i.e give you 24 hours to remove the offending material? I usually only get perhaps 3-4 per month but dont want my server cut off for just getting one issue with that?

Are their SLA pretty much the same, i could not really find the SLA options here.

Is there a clear winner here or would any of them be a pretty good choice? My sites uptime is important to me over the small variations in price between the 3.

Who would you go with and why? are there any others to look at?

thanks
    The £60 a month thing for Redstation is not the case. I asked them about this directly a while back and they informed me it was only for specific admin work and not for every small thing.
    ★Owner of Corgi Tech Limited
    Unmanaged VPS with 99.9% SLA - Windows or Linux

We have quite a few customers come to us from Redstation with numerous horror stories, personally I would stay away from them.

Rapidswitch seem to have a much improved reputation nowadays, out of the three I think they would be my choice. Own datacentre, own techs onsite 24/7 etc.

If you consider burstnet I would make sure you stay clear of their Dual Xeon 3.06GHZ w/HT server as this hardware could be nearly ten years old..!

Quote Originally Posted by UK Servers View Post
    We have quite a few customers come to us from Redstation with numerous horror stories, personally I would stay away from them.

Rapidswitch seem to have a much improved reputation nowadays, out of the three I think they would be my choice. Own datacentre, own techs onsite 24/7 etc.

If you consider burstnet I would make sure you stay clear of their Dual Xeon 3.06GHZ w/HT server as this hardware could be nearly ten years old..!

Thanks for the reply, and fair comment on rapidswitch, also your deals look pretty good. Is there a possibility to add ssd drives to your Dedicated 200 series?

How many drives can be added? and what would be the cost?

Also what kind of practice to you follow on DMCA? we get a few from people uploading copyrighted pics etc. Do you give 24 hours for removal? Obviously we do have a dmca report button next to all of our files.?

We tend to get a few per month not many really just dont want have the server slammed down like 100tb have done to people in the past.

Looks like a great service there though, 10 min tickets is awesome.

Thanks for the reply, and fair comment on rapidswitch, also your deals look pretty good. Is there a possibility to add ssd drives to your Dedicated 200 series?

How many drives can be added? and what would be the cost?

Also what kind of practice to you follow on DMCA? we get a few from people uploading copyrighted pics etc. Do you give 24 hours for removal? Obviously we do have a dmca report button next to all of our files.?

We tend to get a few per month not many really just dont want have the server slammed down like 100tb have done to people in the past.

Looks like a great service there though, 10 min tickets is awesome.
    You should talk with this provider in their website, they are not allowed to post details per webhostingtalk rules.
    Best Regards / Melhores Cumprimentos,
    Bernardo Andrade
    Need a system Administrator?Contact me at email@bernardoa.pt
    Visit me at www.bernardoa.pt

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardoo View Post
    You should talk with this provider in their website, they are not allowed to post details per webhostingtalk rules.
    Ok fair enough.

If they can just say here if they can fit ssds into that machine will be good for now. If they can i will shoot them an email.

As far as I'm aware, providers are allowed to answer questions about their own services as long as it was directed towards said provider.

The Uk hosts are actually very reasonably priced, i always had assumed they would be more expensive that the eu hosting companies. But for hardware at least they seem actually less expensive.

More of them should really allow more options on their websites though for varying the specs of the machines.

I would check out racksrv.com, Jon runs a great business.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Rackedeu View Post
    I would check out racksrv.com, Jon runs a great business.
    Yeah, i've heard them mentioned before. I'll give them a call, they dont have ssd listed either. Not many places do. Shame because for a large DB they really are fast.