Dedicated hosting with large ram..Which of these would you choose?

Hi.

I'm sort of new here but been reading a lot of thread on this and looking for some opinions

I've been looking for a good dedicated server with lots of ram and reasonable bandwidth. 15-20 TB/MO for around €50 $65 per month
    Here is what I'm currently looking at or at least hope to get something like the following

http://www.kimsufi.ie/

• I7 processor
    • 24 GB ram (4x 2(HT)x 2.66+ GHz)
    • 15TB/month bandwidth
    • 2 TB HDD
    • Free setup

This is pretty much what I want as I hope to visualize it up into about 40 windows xp machines that need about 512 ram each and about 10-15% of one core.

(at least this is what I've tested and now I want to scale up to a dedicated server)

The only reason I've not gone for the above already is this is my first dedicated server and maybe there s something I'm missing or you guys know of a better deal out there.
    The one thing I would change from the above would be the hard disk as I have no need for the space. Each vm will only have maybe 5gb hard disk so a small SSD would be much much better.

So if anyone knows of a better offer or can offer more than the above I'd love to hear.
    Also I hope the processor is capable of running 40 xp installs.
    If anyone can tell me I'm ok that would be fantastic

Other mentionable providers include

http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/pro...rootserver/ex5

€59 per month + €49 initial setup fee

• Intelฎ Core™ i7-920 Quadcore incl. Hyper-Threading Technology
    • 24 GB DDR3 RAM
    • 2 x 750 GB SATA 3 Gb/s HDD (Software-RAID 1)
    • 10,000 GB/month...Traffic and limited after this to 10Mb

And this monster. which is great but might not have the processor to run 100 xp vm's

http://www.giga-international.com/?s...&server_id=214

• 64GB RAM
    • 256 GB SSD
    • 3GB HDD
    • Intel Core i7 3930K

But **Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic (if average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 40 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 10 days - whereas the traffic between 2:00 and 11:00 UTC+1 is not taken into account, it can be any value - the connection is switched to 10 Mbit/s).

i have bad experience with hetzner.
    i have read bad experiences about giga...
    i will recommand singlehop.

I have not been with Giga, but I would not go with OVH at the moment until they sort their network congestion out properly.

Hetzner for me would be the choice, always been solid in the 2 years I have had servers there.

what exactly are you running?

also afaik (not sure) you may need to do some brdging or routing changes due to hetzner's network estup

According to the kimsufi website, you could only order up to 32 IPs, so you can't run 40 VPS on that server.

With Hetzner it would be possible, but Flexipack and 1-2 Subnets won't be cheap.

Yup that is one the downsides to Hetzner, what you get in terms of hardware is great, but start adding things on like flex pack and ip's (if they let you have them) and it mounts up really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by scottledeuce View Post
    (at least this is what I've tested and now I want to scale up to a dedicated server)
    How did you exactly test this? 40 is a LOT for a single HD. And yes, IPs are going to be a drama with Hetzner and OVH. Giga-International is to be avoided in general. In this situation I think you should avoid all 3 of the ones you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by scottledeuce View Post
    Also I hope the processor is capable of running 40 xp installs.
    If anyone can tell me I'm ok that would be fantastic
    Dividing an i7 920 by 40 would give you Pentium 3 performance, and that's not even including the host OS and the virtualization framework.
    Last edited by Robert vd Boorn; 03-11-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by space2rent View Post
    According to the kimsufi website, you could only order up to 32 IPs, so you can't run 40 VPS on that server.

With Hetzner it would be possible, but Flexipack and 1-2 Subnets won't be cheap.
    This is what I see one the kimsufi page so I'm assuming it's 64

IP addresses
    Fixed IP 1
    IPv6 /64

You get a /64 of IPv6 IPs, which is 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 IPs for the IPv6 protocol. Howevere, you get 1 IPv4 IP .

1 Dedicated IPv4 address
    IPv6 subnet (/64)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert vd Boorn View Post
    How did you exactly test this? 40 is a LOT for a single HD. And yes, IPs are going to be a drama with Hetzner and OVH. Giga-International is to be avoided in general. In this situation I think you should avoid all 3 of the ones you listed.

Dividing an i7 920 by 40 would give you Pentium 3 performance, and that's not even including the host OS and the virtualization framework.
    I'll be honest it was a crude test I did running what I want on an old celeron processor and almost guesstimating.

I might have been a bit optimistic about I7 performance but If I max it out I'll still be happy enough as the ram is nearly too much on that machine

does the dedicated server need to be in a specific data center location? plenty of good options here in the USA
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - Colocation, Miner Hosting, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting Quotes