Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cheap dedicated servers

Can anyone suggest me a good dedicated server with powerful processor,big amount of ram and hard rive under $100?

One more thing can anyone make a rough estimate how many websites can be hosted in a server with a Quad Core Processor,4GB Ram and 500GB Hard Drive?I mean how much can the server take.Tell me from your experiences.

OVH, Hetzner, etc.

It depends on the type of sites and the amount of traffic.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Quote Originally Posted by RSNET-John View Post
    OVH, Hetzner, etc.

It depends on the type of sites and the amount of traffic.
    Can you please give me an example.There are many srevers which has a dual core processor,2Gb ram but hard disk is upgradeable to a few terabytes.If a few thousand websites are hosted in this server can it the server handle it?

Is it even possible to place a few thousand websites in a server?

OVH click the >> kimsufi link for pre biult cheap dedicated servers there is a 65 dollas deul core gigabit lan package

try fdc servers
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - Colocation, Miner Hosting, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting Quotes

I have one server that only has 3 websites on it, might have to move one off soon as it is getting a bit busy.

I have another server that has about 300 sites on.

So, the answer to your question is it depends.

It depends on how popular the site is, how many and how big the files are you need on the server, how many visitors visit each site.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by sameev29 View Post
    Can anyone suggest me a good dedicated server with powerful processor,big amount of ram and hard rive under $100?

One more thing can anyone make a rough estimate how many websites can be hosted in a server with a Quad Core Processor,4GB Ram and 500GB Hard Drive?I mean how much can the server take.Tell me from your experiences.
    Hi,

First you should try with hetzner as have powerfull servers with good configuration as you required with cheap price. Only there one time setup fee is high.

Secondly you should try for OVH kimsufi Servers, they are cheap and have good configuration. Please consider in mind that they are available to European country citizens only. And if using the servers for professional work contact OVH directly (avoid kimsufi), gain price high for OVH.

Third fdcservers are also good, with unmetered plans and nice customer support.

And now answer to your second question that a Quad Core Processor,4GB Ram and 500GB can host how many websites.

A server can host thousands of website depending on there usage.
    Example if all the hosted websites are static and means no database, then it can easily host 250-1000 websites.

And if we consider websites having database(Ex: wordpress blogs) then server resources are monitored on there way, and roughly estimate you can host a minimum of 200-300 websites.

I am only estimating it can be wrong.
    ProHosterz Web Solutions - Reliable Web Hosting for the right price.
    █ Domain Name | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 7 Day Money Back Guarantee, 24/7 Premium Support
    █ Follow Us on Twitter @prohosterz More Info Visit: ProHosterz.com

I would say OVH Kimisurf dedis, There good Google it!

You can get a quad-core with 8-16GB RAM for $100 or less.

As for your second question, it all depends on the type of website(s) you host.
    Charles @ Nexeon Technologies - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and more

I dont know, how much traffic do you need? And what country?

Go with Hetzener . I had a good experience working with them . The only major drawback is the setup fee .

Quote Originally Posted by ApocalypseXS View Post
    Go with Hetzener . I had a good experience working with them . The only major drawback is the setup fee .
    I would not go with Hetzner

- Desktop PC;
    - Slow support and only German phone support;
    - Alot of maintenance and downtimes.

If you want a stable host, go with some reliable partner.

Just my 2Cents...

I don't care about the hardware as long as it works . I haven't had any servers with them for the past 4 months but the downtimes where quite short and it only happened once or twice a month . They do have a large number of DCs so experience may vary .

Also do agree that the phone support is bad but their automated system does most of the tasks . When did you used them ?

Quote Originally Posted by ApocalypseXS View Post
    I don't care about the hardware as long as it works . I haven't had any servers with them for the past 4 months but the downtimes where quite short and it only happened once or twice a month . They do have a large number of DCs so experience may vary .

Also do agree that the phone support is bad but their automated system does most of the tasks . When did you used them ?
    I used till recently, I think till about 2 months ago. And the Setup fee is also a bad thing, a bit high.

Yes if you're gonna go with them you better stick with them for at least a year , otherwise it's not worth it .

Quote Originally Posted by prohosterz View Post
    Secondly you should try for OVH kimsufi Servers, they are cheap and have good configuration. Please consider in mind that they are available to European country citizens only. And if using the servers for professional work contact OVH directly (avoid kimsufi), gain price high for OVH.
    OVH and Kimsufi have the .ie domain which is for US for example, they are not restricted to EU however you have to go through a verification process so that they can remove VAT.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by linux_geek View Post
    I used till recently, I think till about 2 months ago. And the Setup fee is also a bad thing, a bit high.
    Everything about them is a bad thing, no? Maybe you should read all the reviews they have, and see for yourself that what you're saying is not correct. I've got a server with them and it has over 99.9% uptime in the last 3-4 months, and I have had to contact support 2-3 times and they respond fairly fast. You cannot expect rackspace or softlayer type support from a budget provider. If you don't like them, that's your problem because they've got thousands of other people who do like them, and I'm sure there is a reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by abdullahrafiq View Post
    Everything about them is a bad thing, no? Maybe you should read all the reviews they have, and see for yourself that what you're saying is not correct. I've got a server with them and it has over 99.9% uptime in the last 3-4 months, and I have had to contact support 2-3 times and they respond fairly fast. You cannot expect rackspace or softlayer type support from a budget provider. If you don't like them, that's your problem because they've got thousands of other people who do like them, and I'm sure there is a reason for it.
    I'm just sharing my opinion and experience with them. That is allowed here, so no need to attack me.

@Abdul - Hetzner already said that they don't try to please everyone they are going for the majority of server users but they're not specialty providers . For example Hetzner will never offer a 16 core server unless everyone and their cat wants a 16 core server . They design their DCs with a precise business strategy and that's what makes them kings when it comes to budget server in the E.U. I'm a big Hetzner fan myself by there's no reason to act out like that .

like 8 or 10 websites depending on the wealth of programming on each,I think the server you are describing would meet your needs and is around your budget,4 gb of ram are very allright well fair

Quote Originally Posted by elizene View Post
    like 8 or 10 websites depending on the wealth of programming on each,I think the server you are describing would meet your needs and is around your budget,4 gb of ram are very allright well fair
    8 or 10 websites on that kind of server,you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by abdullahrafiq View Post
    How can you say his opinion isn't correct? Just because you and maybe other people like them, doesn't mean you can force your opinion on him like some lobbyist

would a US location work for you?
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - Colocation, Miner Hosting, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by quotecolo View Post
    would a US location work for you?
    I am in South Asia,will it be okay to have my servers in US?

If you're in SE Asia the best thing to get would be a AUS server or a JAP server .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast