What server spec do I need to host my WebApp and MySQL DB?

What dedicated server spec do I need to host my WebApp and MySQL DB?

End user (70% US, 30% European) will run my javascript webapp in their browser which will connect to the server and download User files (50k max). The webapp will send queries to mysql on server and server will return query results. The database is pretty big and my desktop PC (2.0ghz Dual core, 64bit, 4gb, Sata II) will return a query in around 0.4 seconds which is acceptable.

Question is: What spec Server do I need, how much is going to cost and who will give me the best deal?

Could probably start with any provider low-end VPS solution, and watch performance/resources utilized (since you didn't mention anything about traffic/load). Can always upgrade to higher and/or "dedicated" servers if you're maxing out.
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions

What sort of price range did you have in mind?

OP, your home PC takes .4 sec for one query or all the queries by all of your users?

How many users are you expecting?
    More than decade with webhosting!

Quote Originally Posted by CJSS View Post
    What sort of price range did you have in mind?
    Not really thought about price - I guess I would need to know the spec required and then find something suitable. Probably around $100-$200pm.

Are you looking for any specific location? I suppose you could chose Europe or US really.

Quote Originally Posted by mehboobashraf View Post
    OP, your home PC takes .4 sec for one query or all the queries by all of your users?

How many users are you expecting?
    Takes 0.4 seconds for one user and around 1.5 seconds for 100 concurrent Users to run their own query. 100 is the expected number of concurrent users with an occasional max peak of 200 concurrent users.

I have learnt since originally posting this topic that the system I am currently using is more than capable, providing the webserver is Nginx as opposed to Apache.

So, I guess I am looking for a dedicated server (not VPS, I don't know who I am sharing the box with?) with similar spec to desktop, decent network/bandwidth. I have looked at OVH, are they OK???

Thanks to everyone who replied ...

Quote Originally Posted by CJSS View Post
    Are you looking for any specific location? I suppose you could chose Europe or US really.
    Prefer Europe but doesn't matter too much ....

Quote Originally Posted by uk51 View Post
    Takes 0.4 seconds for one user and around 1.5 seconds for 100 concurrent Users to run their own query. 100 is the expected number of concurrent users with an occasional max peak of 200 concurrent users.

I have learnt since originally posting this topic that the system I am currently using is more than capable, providing the webserver is Nginx as opposed to Apache.

So, I guess I am looking for a dedicated server (not VPS, I don't know who I am sharing the box with?) with similar spec to desktop, decent network/bandwidth. I have looked at OVH, are they OK???

Thanks to everyone who replied ...
    Do you expect 100 concurrent users from day one?

Also how are you measuring this 0.4 load time? It seems a tad high?
    █ | Hoopla Hosting -
    █ | WordPress Web Hosting New Zealand - Reseller Hosting - cPanel - Zurmo Hosting - Softaculous - CloudFlare

Edit: Wrong thread
    █ | Hoopla Hosting -
    █ | WordPress Web Hosting New Zealand - Reseller Hosting - cPanel - Zurmo Hosting - Softaculous - CloudFlare

Have you found a solution?