Kimsufi Windows install for free?

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone here has had any luck getting Windows on their Kimsufi server without having to pay the monthly Windows-Server subscription fre. 30€ extra/month is a real killer.

My university I am going to in the fall is listed on MSDNAA, so as soon as I get an email address from them or buy an ISIC card I'd have access to it then. But I don't know how that works in regards to Kimsufi installing it, and I'd also prefer to not wait until then for buying this server.

So I'd like to know if there's any mostly-legal way to install some form of Windows onto the Kimsufi box without paying the subscription fee. I have a multiuse copy of Windows 7 x64, is there anything I could do with that? I don't need any of Windows Server's cool features other than some method to access it remotely.

I searched a bit and couldn't find any specific threads about this kind of issue with any complete answers. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    Last edited by TJ5C; 03-08-2012 at 09:34 PM.

may be this can help you

http://winstaller.org/

It really depends on the server provider. You have to have the hardware set up for installing is over the network. Most providers do, but like most good providers it gets locked down.

So I'll submit a support ticket and ask the provider.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ5C View Post
    So I'd like to know if there's any mostly-legal way
    The only legal way is to have your own SPLA license. You can then add it to your OVH manager account and can do Windows installs on as many of them as you wish (that functionality is probably not how it should be though). As for your MSDN license, no it's not valid. There is a way to get around their system and still match Microsoft's terms, but that's something I'd rather not post here...
    Last edited by Robert vd Boorn; 03-09-2012 at 03:28 AM.

The only legal way is to have your own SPLA license. You can then add it to your OVH manager account and can do Windows installs on as many of them as you wish (that functionality is probably not how it should be though).
    Not legal? maybe.
    WIll OVH accept his MSDNAA key? Surely.
    Will Microsoft care? Not really.

Nvm, it will accept those, that's interesting. I'd swear it used to decline those.

It works fine, i often used my old keys for it (cnu of hk).
    Ze Germans do it all the time for their seedboxes also

Quote Originally Posted by Zhang View Post
    Ze Germans do it all the time for their seedboxes also
    How could I have ever assumed that the users of such servers would be kids without any Linux knowledge even . The fact that OVH let's 90% of their network output be torrents, of warez, says enough anyway on the Windows system. Imagine what kind of upload speeds the gbit ports could accomplish had they not existed on their network (and imagine how much income they'd lose from getting rid of those clients, sigh).

emm

if u go for the windows server 2008 web addtion its only 15 dollas

i know that its not the answer yur looking for bt its better that 30 dollas i have a dedicated server off them myself and they are the cheapist around that i have found

100meg connection is 88 up and 100 down

when i do a speed test