How to create VPS in Windows Web Server 2008 R2

Hello..

Anyone can help me..?

How to create VPS in Windows Web Server 2008 R2?
    (Without Hiper-V).. DNS Servers and IIS 7 Ready.

What's possible use phpVirtualBox ?

Or

What's possible use websitepanel.net ?
    (Without Hiper-V)!

Thank you

Use can use vmware player.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTorris View Post
    Use can use vmware player.
    If i'am have IP /28 (13 IP's / 10 IPusable?)
    how to's IP delegation ?

for example in Centos - Virtualizor;
    -------
    1. addon IP etho and etho:0
    2. Add IP pool in Virtualizor
    -------

how to's IP allocations in Windows?
    What's possible below:
    --------
    IPv4 -> Main IP (1 IP)
    IPv6 -> Fisrt and End IP (12 IP)
    and than add via VPS management ?
    --------

Thank you

IP Address Assignment?

A /28 is 16 IPs, 13 usable. From within Windows you need to add the IPs to guest machine, don't add them to the main machine. I would recommend that you upgrade and use Hyper-V.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

You can visualize in windows server natively can you not?

As a free alternative, you can use VirtualBox and assign different IPs to different virtual machines. By using VirtualBox, you can isolate all virtual machines from each other, but you can share folders between host and virtual machines. There are a lot of details in this topic, you may read the manual on VirtualBox website.

phpVirtualBox is a tool to manage some of the features of VirtualBox. phpVirtualBox is a php script, whereas VirtualBox is not. You cannot use phpVirtualBox without VirtualBox itself.

VMWare Player just runs the pre-created images and in my opinion, it has a low performance. VMWare has different solutions, such as ESX and so on, and you have to pay if you want more features and control. For me, VMWare is a really good option to manage virtual machines, but VMWare Workstation may not be feasible to perform hosting in virtual machines, but it is good for testing

I don't have any idea about how Hyper-V works, but it is the official solution of M$ and probably it will work as good as (maybe better than) others on Windows Server 2008.

For WebsitePanel, it is a free alternative that is suggested to me by some WHT members not so long ago. I have managed to install it using Microsoft Web Platform Installer but I had a lot of problems in configuring it. I was using AD integration and somehow it doesn't work as expected. Not all of the details were explained in the WSP manual. After trying different configurations and spending hours, I made it work. However, it runs slower than I have expected.
    Last edited by Onur; 03-10-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: typo mistakes...

Quote Originally Posted by scottledeuce View Post
    Hyper-V is only for the Standard edition and upwards I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by scottledeuce View Post
    Windows manual very complicated and not to the point (refer link and than refer link again) make wasting time and frustration

Quote Originally Posted by MetalORB View Post
    As a free alternative, you can use VirtualBox and assign different IPs to different virtual machines. By using VirtualBox, you can isolate all virtual machines from each other, but you can share folders between host and virtual machines. There are a lot of details in this topic, you may read the manual on VirtualBox website.

phpVirtualBox is a tool to manage some of the features of VirtualBox. phpVirtualBox is a php script, whereas VirtualBox is not. You cannot use phpVirtualBox without VirtualBox itself.

VMWare Player just runs the pre-created images and in my opinion, it has a low performance. VMWare has different solutions, such as ESX and so on, and you have to pay if you want more features and control. For me, VMWare is a really good option to manage virtual machines, but VMWare Workstation may not be feasible to perform hosting in virtual machines, but it is good for testing

I don't have any idea about how Hyper-V works, but it is the official solution of M$ and probably it will work as good as (maybe better than) others on Windows Server 2008.

For WebsitePanel, it is a free alternative that is suggested to me by some WHT members not so long ago. I have managed to install it using Microsoft Web Platform Installer but I had a lot of problems in configuring it. I was using AD integration and somehow it doesn't work as expected. Not all of the details were explained in the WSP manual. After trying different configurations and spending hours, I made it work. However, it runs slower than I have expected.
    Have you advice,
    Combination VMWare and WebsitePanel
    so can Multy-Platform.

Thank you

You cannot use Windows Web Server for being the host os of any virtualization. It is against its license.

Quote Originally Posted by cresci View Post
    You cannot use Windows Web Server for being the host os of any virtualization. It is against its license.

why can not ? Have you detail reason?
    Actually every windows need licence.

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    why can not ? Have you detail reason?
    Actually every windows need licence.
    The reasons are on the following document from Microsoft. It's the usage license.
    http://www.microsoftvolumelicensing....ocumentId=4951

Quote Originally Posted by cresci View Post
    The reasons are on the following document from Microsoft. It's the usage license.
    http://www.microsoftvolumelicensing....ocumentId=4951
    Can you tell me what part of that article to say that..

If true i am will removed windows from my server..back to Linux Platform.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Elian; 03-11-2012 at 01:52 PM.