datashack server deployment

for those who have servers at datashack, how long does it take for them to deploy your servers?

I ordered my 4th server and it has been 5 working daya and i still receive nothing with no status update whatsoever.

Have you tried submitting a ticket asking what the delay is?

Had a server at DataShack a few months ago, paid at 10PM and received the server details at 3:35AM, so unless my setup was an exception (or yours is) there might be something causing the delay that you should know about.
    miscis.com - Providing domains and premium hosting solutions at an affordable price
    cPanel+Softaculous | 99.9% Uptime SLA | CloudLinux | Daily Backups
    █ Accepting PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Liberty Reserve
    Currently in Netherlands, EU & Arizona, USA

i was interested in a dedicated server with datashack and sent them an email and didnt get a response for nearly an entire week. by then i had already went with another company however i hope their support isnt as delayed as their email response time.

Sent them few tickets, but they seem to be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by fancypocket View Post
    Was your ticket moved to another department? Check it out. Perhaps they are all in the sales department.

try joesdatacenter.com - same datacenter...

Joes and Datashack are not the same datacenter

They are both at least for dedicated servers (recently) both hanging off of Wholesale Internet network.

Joes and Wholesale = same building. Joe = no generator backup in case of power failure.

Datashack I believe is moving to get most if not all of their resources outside of this common location. They do their colo out of new place across town, but bandwidth is backhauled to Wholesale's facility (same location as Joe's).

Hope that helps navigating this trio of options

sorry if i gave the wrong information, i was just going off the information from their websites

About DataShack
    DataShack is a Colocation, VPS, and dedicated server provider based in Kansas City, MO. DataShack specializes in offering budget friendly, highly reliable solutions for your mission critical hosting needs. Datashack currently operates out of 2 facilities, Oak Tower in Downtown Kansas City, and their private data center in North Kansas City.

About Joes Datacenter
    Joe's Datacenter is located on the top floor of the Oak Tower building in downtown Kansas City, MO.
    We selected this building because of its excellent variety of bandwidth providers and redundant power grids.
    We have built out two facilities on the 26th floor.

Quote Originally Posted by pubcrawler View Post
    both hanging off of Wholesale Internet network.
    We connect directly to Hurricane Electric, Cogent and KCIX using fiber we own and have ran in the building. We do not use Wholesales Network gear in any way to connect to either provider.
    Joe Morgan @ Joe’s Datacenter, LLC- www.joesdatacenter.com
    Affordable & Reliable Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation in the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by island55 View Post
    sorry if i gave the wrong information, i was just going off the information from their websites

About DataShack
    DataShack is a Colocation, VPS, and dedicated server provider based in Kansas City, MO. DataShack specializes in offering budget friendly, highly reliable solutions for your mission critical hosting needs. Datashack currently operates out of 2 facilities, Oak Tower in Downtown Kansas City, and their private data center in North Kansas City.

About Joes Datacenter
    Joe's Datacenter is located on the top floor of the Oak Tower building in downtown Kansas City, MO.
    We selected this building because of its excellent variety of bandwidth providers and redundant power grids.
    We have built out two facilities on the 26th floor.

Oak tower is a building, not a company..?

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    Yes its a building in downtown Kansas City, MO. The building has over 26 floors with multiple types of tenants. Some are data centers others just use it for office space.
    Joe Morgan @ Joe’s Datacenter, LLC- www.joesdatacenter.com
    Affordable & Reliable Dedicated Servers | VPS | Colocation in the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    http://www.netsolus.com/data-centers...r-data-center/

I suggest paying a few more dollars to host at WI they have backup power. There is like a yearly maintenance done at the Oak Tower where you will have 12+ hours of downtime if your provider don't have backup power.

Don't think you will go wrong with either of the three companies.

All are small operations, so support can and as we see here sometimes fails, is slow, or non responsive.

As-is, if Wholesale's router layer fails, you will be impacted regardless of which provider you are with.

I am fond of this trio. Good network, and I keep at a real server on this network for hot spare.

For the price I am paying, 12 hours downtime per year is super reasonable.

For the price I am paying, 12 hours downtime per year is super reasonable.
    How much are you paying? I think WI have better pricing than Joes. When the power goes out, there is high possibility your hard drive will become corrupted losing all data. It happened to some people in the maintenance last month.

No, I am not with Joe. I am with DataShack.

Thanks to F-DNS for supplying that picture of Oak Tower. It was worth a thousand words.

I recommend taking the tour offered by Joe's Datacenter (http://joesdatacenter.com/Contact_Us.html) to see how everything is set up there. That would be even better than a picture.